Thread: Shadar-Kai Tank

Community Member

Default Shadar-Kai Tank

I'm not very experienced at group play in DDO but looking at the Shadar-Kai enhancement line it struck me as excellent for Tanking builds with AoE threat and Damage reduction procs.

So I had crack at building a couple. I did one 13P/1F/1R build that I'm fining very fun so far and a 13F/2R build. Also a lot of fun.

As I'm new to this I was wondering if others had any ideas about Shadar-Kai Tanking builds and situations they may be best suited to?

I'm also mucking around with a Morninglord Cleric/Ranger which I haven't play tested yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigermortis View Post
    I'm not very experienced at group play in DDO but looking at the Shadar-Kai enhancement line it struck me as excellent for Tanking builds with AoE threat and Damage reduction procs.

So I had crack at building a couple. I did one 13P/1F/1R build that I'm fining very fun so far and a 13F/2R build. Also a lot of fun.

As I'm new to this I was wondering if others had any ideas about Shadar-Kai Tanking builds and situations they may be best suited to?

I'm also mucking around with a Morninglord Cleric/Ranger which I haven't play tested yet.

I thought about it, but didn't go for it. Let me know how it works out! I do currently have a Morninglord Ranger, pretty nice. The Morninglord stuff is great for self healing, does some good damage, and if you take a few extra levels of cleric, you get the free flame shield. I'm doing Tempest Ranger, though, so I'm keeping it mostly with Ranger stuff. The free 75 Healing SP is nice, too!
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Default evasion tank very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Rigermortis View Post

2 rogue (since you are forced to use shadar kai) 12 cleric 6 fighter. Pally could also replace fighter with the right enhancements/feats. I mainly suggest cleric for the healing aura as it seems to be the only way you'll be able to heal during the chain attack (20 sec version) I 100% agree with you on this concept. I think the shadar kai as a rogue strictly is horribly wrong. The only way to get the most from this toon is to build it with healing aura otherwise on EE you'll be seeing lots of dying when using the 20 second chain attack (and not by the mobs) or you will see that the chain attack itself is pointless because you must move to avoid death. Either way it makes the race completely pointless overall because you MUST dual or tri class them to make them effective at anyththing . That being said there is a better race for any combo build for shadar kai except TANK. Cool concept that chain will definitely be irritating a lot of mobs.