Community Member

Default Lords of Stone...pick up crest...except no crest

The second crest highlights as if its there...shows in the target window, but no crest to actually mouse over and pick up. Picking it up activates the guardian, which in turn opens the next passage...so couldn't continue. Anyone else come across this?

Quote Originally Posted by AStormbringer View Post
    The second crest highlights as if its there...shows in the target window, but no crest to actually mouse over and pick up. Picking it up activates the guardian, which in turn opens the next passage...so couldn't continue. Anyone else come across this?
    I haven't done Lord of Stone but I did have an issue yesterday with one of the crests in Heyton's Rest (Korthos) either failing to spawn or falling through the scenery and rendering the quest uncompletable.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

Cool

Maybe not related but here is another crest problem

Running the challenge "Picture Portal" yesterday, i was surprised to see crest in the Observatory to be on the ground and not in the sphere.
    Was easier to pick them !
    Also, using one token on the device in the challenge, the crest appears "under" the device, making it hard to pick the crest (but not impossible)

Community Member

Default Missing scorpion crest

Quote Originally Posted by Enguebert View Post
    Maybe not related but here is another crest problem

Running the challenge "Picture Portal" yesterday, i was surprised to see crest in the Observatory to be on the ground and not in the sphere.
    Was easier to pick them !
    Also, using one token on the device in the challenge, the crest appears "under" the device, making it hard to pick the crest (but not impossible)
    This issue is still there. I have submitted a bug for this to Turbine. Very frustrating

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kryspen View Post
    This issue is still there. I have submitted a bug for this to Turbine. Very frustrating
    You can mouse over the crest where it should be and it will show in the target window. Then click on the gear icon on target window then select use. Presto u can pick up the seal. Hope that helps.

Crest physics have changed to address other bugs they were having. The Lords of Stone has been fixed for U20 since there is a work around (as noted above), but if you can submit bugs for places you see other issues, that would be great. Turns out that, like ladders, it's a very case-by-case issue.

If you have default controls you can use the q button to target the crest and the e button to pick it up. Incidentally, it is also generally a lot faster than trying to click on it with the mouse.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Crest physics have changed to address other bugs they were having. The Lords of Stone has been fixed for U20 since there is a work around (as noted above), but if you can submit bugs for places you see other issues, that would be great. Turns out that, like ladders, it's a very case-by-case issue.
    You used the L word.

Bad idea.

Put your asbestos suit on now.

Community Member

Yes, this happened to me months ago. I reported it then. Tried it again tonight, and still cannot get the Crest of the Scorpion Deep Within Khyber. very frustrating, as you need this quest before continuing... I'll re-submit the bug tonite.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbringer001 View Post
    You can mouse over the crest where it should be and it will show in the target window. Then click on the gear icon on target window then select use. Presto u can pick up the seal. Hope that helps.
    It doesn't show up in the target window for me

Yes, this happened to me months ago. I reported it then. Tried it again tonight, and still cannot get the Crest of the Scorpion Deep Within Khyber. very frustrating, as you need this quest before continuing... I'll re-submit the bug tonite.
    press backspace, click the gear that is next to the window that shows your target, click use, collect crest.

Just did it tonight.

Community Member

It doesn't show up in the target window for me
    LOL I had to jump on top of the pedestal, then it would appear in the target window... YAY!