Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Community Member Kza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    587

    Default Caster any flaws ?

    Just trd My completionist toon to try play a druid at endgame.

    Str 8 con 14 int 14 wis 18 dex 14 cha 10

    Feats empower emp heal 3 compl 6 mt 9 arcane initia 12 max 15 imt 18 quick 21 epic mt 24 sf evo 27 great sf evo

    All slas taken and most of points in season tree

    Do any see some grave errors or have better ideas of last feat? I think maybe enlarge or sorc mt?

    Plz post some suggestions and improvements!

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kza View Post
    Just trd My completionist toon to try play a druid at endgame.

    Str 8 con 14 int 14 wis 18 dex 14 cha 10

    Feats empower emp heal 3 compl 6 mt 9 arcane initia 12 max 15 imt 18 quick 21 epic mt 24 sf evo 27 great sf evo

    All slas taken and most of points in season tree

    Do any see some grave errors or have better ideas of last feat? I think maybe enlarge or sorc mt?

    Plz post some suggestions and improvements!
    Why so much intelligence? Druids already get quite a few skill points to spend. Also now that lightning bolt, word of balance, and Sun Burst are SLA's, it might be worth it to revisit heighten.

  3. #3
    Community Member Atremus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Aegis
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    I would suggest Enlarge. You can enlarge Word of Balance and all of the other SLA's. Very, very fun casting WoB and the Lesser Creeping cold from a far.

    I leave Enlarge set to Standard on all non-SLA spells and toggle as needed. Long range Healing makes raids so much easier.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

    “A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

  4. #4
    Community Member Kza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Thanks for input!
    This high int is for spellcraft and some skills. Not needed i know bit i like that.

    Argh! I want both enlarge and heighten. One evo focus i can skip, but then? Lovely that so many feats so good!! You cant get em all. Maybe i skip all 3 mt feats, but as cap get higher i like em more and more and now also some crit.

    Or just heighten for great evo focus.

    Another idea is get enl heighten and epic evo and skip all 3 mt feats. I have 3 sorc past so can Max evo dc. Could be fun also?

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kza View Post
    Thanks for input!

    Another idea is get enl heighten and epic evo and skip all 3 mt feats. I have 3 sorc past so can Max evo dc. Could be fun also?
    It's a matter of taste, but that's what I would do. SP is nice, but having your spells work consistently is better. Maybe you'll miss it when you're healboting, but who wants to build for that?
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

    Cannith

  6. #6
    Community Member Kza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    It's a matter of taste, but that's what I would do. SP is nice, but having your spells work consistently is better. Maybe you'll miss it when you're healboting, but who wants to build for that?
    True, going that route. With all slas and so i think Will be good. And using pots is ok if i heal some garder raids or so anyway for me.

  7. #7
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,735

    Default

    I would drop the Mental Toughnesses; I am presuming (perhaps erroneously) that if you're on the Completionist TR Train, you've already got your Con Opp GS item, Raiyum Torc, and/or a ton of SP pots. And with the new SLAs, you shouldn't run out of SPs quite so quickly (knock on wood).

    EDIT: even though it's kinda boring, you might want to plan on ESF:Evo and Great WIS x2 as your epic feats.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 08-27-2013 at 03:46 PM.

  8. #8
    Community Member Kza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I would drop the Mental Toughnesses; I am presuming (perhaps erroneously) that if you're on the Completionist TR Train, you've already got your Con Opp GS item, Raiyum Torc, and/or a ton of SP pots. And with the new SLAs, you shouldn't run out of SPs quite so quickly (knock on wood).

    EDIT: even though it's kinda boring, you might want to plan on ESF:Evo and Great WIS x2 as your epic feats.
    Yes its true, all that eq is covered and pots i have more than enough of. Its more of a personal satisfaction to do quests not using em. And yes, you are right on wis feats and wis ed etc. I Will go more or less all in on evo dc at start and see if good and fun. Extremely low playtime so only lvl 5 but i think i Will have a very fun time as caster druid thanks to the slas mainly! I love the game right now, so many options and many many ways making strong toons

  9. #9
    Community Member Atremus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Aegis
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    I haven't tried the new content on EE, does anyone have an idea of the DC needed for Earthquake to be almost no-fail?

    My Druid (18/2monk)

    Human

    Enlarge
    Emp Heal
    Emp
    Max
    Quicken
    Wiz PL
    Toughness - monk
    Dodge - monk
    Mental
    Imp mental
    Epic Mental
    SF Evo
    Ed1 - Cold power
    Ruin
    Ed2 - mass frog (going to swap but wanted to test)
    Last edited by Atremus; 08-28-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

    “A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

  10. #10
    Community Member Kza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Lvl 18 now. (Stoned want to hit endgame). And have played some with the slas , its great fun! Heroic elite you crush solo so right now the toon feels great. My biggest problem is it is too few things to take in druid caster tree, so i have invested some in human tree also.

    Maybe i have atlast found the class to play some time

  11. #11
    Community Member Kza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    587

    Default

    23 now, strange playtime so only solo.
    The slas are strong!! En is totally cake, eh fun and a challenge. I have not so god eq as druid and i wont Hunt it begått 28.

    I have a fun time! But i i Will be able to heal groups in ee hmm that Will be interesting

  12. #12
    Community Member Atremus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Aegis
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Glad you are liking Druid. It is a fun class. The SLA's really help with mana consumption.

    Healing on a Druid is fun... Just heal ahead of time or right as the fight starts. Don't wait to restore a large amount of HP.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

    “A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kza View Post
    Lvl 18 now. (Stoned want to hit endgame). And have played some with the slas , its great fun! Heroic elite you crush solo so right now the toon feels great. My biggest problem is it is too few things to take in druid caster tree, so i have invested some in human tree also.

    Maybe i have atlast found the class to play some time
    I am lvl 15 at the moment and seeing the same thing on the lack of interesting enhancements. I was considering taking a couple lvls of either wizard for arcane enhancement line access or FVS for AOV line...... any thoughts?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload