Okay, so a week in, and I have *finally* finished re-enhancement-ing all of my guys (sigh, up to 73, damned iconics making me make new guys.) While I haven't touched the new quests, and only fiddled a bit in the explorers, I thought I'd share some comments.
- Overall, I kinda like the new enhancement system, but I have two things that bothered me...
- I found myself myself unhappy with it was with my Wizards. Admittedly, I have a LOT of Wizards, but their variety seems to have greatly diminished... and the idea that I almost have to add PM components to every build seems wrong.
- Less specifically, the lack of generic class enhancements not related to a PrE feels wrong.
-Loot : The idea of turning a number of standard enchantments into tiered benefits is a good one as the game scaled upward, but...
- The elimination of numerous enchantments is... unfortunate. Many of these are still available via the augment system, but so many are not and the variety feels so much more limited.
- The naming schemes for the new enchantment model are awful. We now have to examine almost every piece of equipment to identify it. This is a significant downgrade in game quality, especially with the persisting issues with mouse-over-dialogues. In particular the unifying of all "guard" effects as "Retributive" is irritating.
- I *love* the addition of cursed items. Bravo.
- Very mixed feelings on the broadening of item types able to hold enchantments. Thumbs up on equipment, thumbs down on weapons. Vorpal dagger? Really?
Anyhoo... enough for now.