Default VON Flagging--Quest Closed?

Flagging another life for VON and the Arena is closed/boots me. Closed?
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Community Member

i did not try it today, but if that's true it might have to do with the quest giver having illusions of grandeur...
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

Because of <fight club>

It gives items it should not. Of course, other quests that are affected by a similar issue, but do not give items that they should...

Well, this is the reason it would be closed, assuming it actually is (I see no announcement on the launcher or dev tracker though)

I just tried and it let me in.

Must be your new cologne.

I ran Von 1-3 last night. no problems getting in. thanks devs for the GH loot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I ran Von 1-3 last night. no problems getting in. thanks devs for the GH loot.
    One can never have enough Poison Quivers, evar!

Yeah seems they would have a reason to close it, but I have gotten in it successfully.

Hero

Literally 30 sec ago I logged and was able to get into the quest no issues. Seems like there some sinister forces at work now! (there's a bunch of weird stuff going on with the servers this weekend)

Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    Flagging another life for VON and the Arena is closed/boots me. Closed?
    Sometimes there is some weird instance and it wont let you in, same thing happened to me in lair of summoning a month ago.
    I click enter and then it is on loading but the bar doesnt move, and it kicks me out.

The OP's brief description sounds like something that happened to me yesterday with waterworks. Every time I tried entering the explorer area it booted me out. I checked with a few other people I saw milling about the entrance and they were experiencing the same issue. But it was only temporary and I was able to get the next day. Its possible this is what happened to VON1. I doubt it will get closed permanently given its importance as a flagging quest, but its possible and I would expect to see a hotfix on it soon(tm).
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

I think the Devs should come out tomorrow and say...

"Look guys This is the first time there's been more than 10 Eberron Epic runs in a day for over a year now.
    So what we're gonna do is pick a different Eberron Epic Quest every Friday Night and from Midnight Friday EST to Midnight Sunday EST the End Reward List will be Similar to what you've seen this past weekend.
    Enjoy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
    The OP's brief description sounds like something that happened to me yesterday with waterworks. Every time I tried entering the explorer area it booted me out. I checked with a few other people I saw milling about the entrance and they were experiencing the same issue. But it was only temporary and I was able to get the next day. Its possible this is what happened to VON1. I doubt it will get closed permanently given its importance as a flagging quest, but its possible and I would expect to see a hotfix on it soon(tm).
    I also expirienced this a few weeks ago when trying to enter the Gianthold wilderness area. Loading screen and back to camp. The place was crowded at that time. So it could have to do with the recent crowds that populate house K and especially the small 'club' next to the ship hub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    People are absolutely working on it at the moment.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbelbo View Post
    I also expirienced this a few weeks ago when trying to enter the Gianthold wilderness area. Loading screen and back to camp. The place was crowded at that time. So it could have to do with the recent crowds that populate house K and especially the small 'club' next to the ship hub.
    GH explorer entrance has been doing that since Epic GH was released.
    Just go talk to one of the merchant there ( open the shop completely ) and go back to the entrance, you will be able to enter.

There's been some weird things happening since the update ( raid instances crashing, raid and quest instance freezing and/or lagging as hell, quest and raid instance that coudn't be entered, .... ). Maybe they have a real problem with some back-end piece of code that make instances go wonky.

Lets speculate, we all know i2049 as the Laggy Instance because it's shared with Cannith Crafting.

Saturday I had some fun time with a really laggy instance in Chronoscope ( Still it took more than 10 minutes being frozen in place for CAD to wipe us ) it was i222. Anybody else took the time to check in which instance his/her problems appeared ?

As for the VON1 crowd... It's Fight Club Material, one thread has been cubed about it already.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Literally 30 sec ago I logged and was able to get into the quest no issues. Seems like there some sinister forces at work now! (there's a bunch of weird stuff going on with the servers this weekend)
    The Dark Side is taking over! Join us now, or face your doom!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Sometimes there is some weird instance and it wont let you in, same thing happened to me in lair of summoning a month ago. I click enter and then it is on loading but the bar doesnt move, and it kicks me out.
    This happened to me and my TR partner earlier today in one of the Tangleroot quests. NEither of us could get through to the nest quest, recalling and redoing the quest didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbelbo View Post
    Given my experience today in Tangleroot I'd say it's probably not due to highly populated areas.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."