Community Member

Default True Druidic Heart of Wood

Hi all,

Planning my first TR very soon, and I've been debating about the best way to get the Heart for it. According to the DDO Wiki, I can either buy it for 1495 points in the store (I have the points, just) or I can farm up 20 Tokens of the Twelve.

I have no real idea about how long it takes to farm the 20 tokens, so can anyone advise on the best way to grab the heart?

Thanks

Aes.

Farm it. 1.5k tp is just too much. (speaking from both sides of the fence)

If you own devil assault, running that on epic normal in a group (and asking for tokens) is typically a great way to farm tokens. 2 tokens every 30 minutes (Well. 1-2, mostly 2 for me), but people might pass a token to you, making it worth it. And some large shroud ingredients every now and then.

Failing that, if you own house C challenges, epic time is money gives 1 token every 10 minutes. (Trading 300 ingredients for a token). And, failing that... Just run epic [anything] that you own. (aside from gianthold and Menace of the Underdark quets). House P carnival, lord of dust, Vault of Night, etc.

Community Member

Thanks Soulfurnace, it does seem fairly easy to farm up. 1.5K TP could be better spent I think.

Cheers

Aes.

The amount of epic content that gives tokens is being proxy nerfed all the time, but the old standbys still work:

- Carnival
    - Sentinels (Black Loch will NOT give tokens)
    - VON
    - Red Fens
    - Desert (Chains of Flame may only give 1 fragment)
    - Devil Assault

Epic content that won't give you tokens:

- Gianthold
    - Secrets of the Artificers
    - MotU
    - Druid's Deep
    - High Road
    - Shadowfell

We're now at an even split.

Challenges are still the most reliable way to solo farm tokens, but pugging VON3 is probably the most fun. Get a ton of destiny xp and a bunch of epic chests while you farm. And it's not a brutal "repeat every 5 minutes" kind of farm, which helps to break the monotony.

Community Member

It is a bit grindy, yes, but Time is Money is even better now than it used to be (except for the whole ML 21 instead of ML 20 thing).

With the new enhancements, a L21 char even with no EDs built up can very comfortably run L25, which means you can earn somewhere around 200-300 shards in 5 mins (300 shards=1 token). So for 20 tokens, you're looking at maybe 2 hours of play, broken up in 5 min blocks, however many you can bear to run at once

Saves you the heartache of wiping on Wave 5 of Devil Assault, after 25 mins of whack-a-moling spawns...

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Saves you the heartache of wiping on Wave 5 of Devil Assault, after 25 mins of whack-a-moling spawns...
    Uh... Do you mean doing EE DA? Or am I just getting reaaaally lucky with my PUGs?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Uh... Do you mean doing EE DA? Or am I just getting reaaaally lucky with my PUGs?
    Agree! lol.

Epic normal Devil Assault gives the most tokens. 1 in the epic chest, and 1 in the last small chest that appears. Only thing is, sometimes, just sometimes, you get none on EN. Never happened to me, but have seen it happen to party members, when It does, I do the right thing and pass them one of mine. Often time when you ask, people will pass you theirs, which is a good idea, cause you could get ransack before you get your 20 tokens. I usually offer some plat, or offer to exchange shroud ingredients for people to pass me theirs. But if you get good pugs, and get a few people to pass you their tokens, you could easily get 20 in only a few hours.

Community Member

how do you get enough points in 5 minutes for a token in time is money?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledtyrant View Post
    Knowing where the purple spawns are, some luck and practice. I reckon 1 token in 10 mins is impossible to not get, barring horrible luck.

My personal way (which not every new player can do) is farm eNorm DA, beat second boss, throw up an LFM "eNorm DA, IP, pass tokens".

Then finish it, they'll pass you the tokens they get - typically 2 runs and I'm done.

I need luck to pull that off, so instead I stick with the old reliable Buying Time, which is virtually a guaranteed 1 token every 10 minutes at-level regardless of map. More if you run underlevel, of course.

Community Member

I'll try buying time then. I liked the dragon castle better than lava caves anyway. I was making 1 token every 10-12 in caves but it the other map is less random that's way better. I could care less about the exp etc just want to get this tr done already

I'll try buying time then. I liked the dragon castle better than lava caves anyway. I was making 1 token every 10-12 in caves but it the other map is less random that's way better. I could care less about the exp etc just want to get this tr done already
    What server are you on? I can show you a few basic spawn points of purples in the lava caves.

Community Member

I am on Orien playing on Rowsh Delanov

I am on Orien playing on Rowsh Delanov
    Aight, creating a dodgy iconic now.

Oh, just to say - there's other purple areas I didn't show you, but they tend to be annoying. (That last one is as annoying as I'll put up with.)
    Last edited by Soulfurnace; 10-05-2013 at 03:24 AM.

Personally, I've been running The Snitch from the Phiarlan Carnival adventure pack, and The Claw of Vulkoor from The Red Fens adventure pack, both on EN. Takes me about 7-8 minutes to run each with my PM. Though, they only give Fragments (at least at that difficulty), and can get anywhere from 13-88 at a time; from my personal experience. So in about 3 runs on both, I get 1-2 tokens worth of fragments. Not great by any means, but they are easy quests for me to zerg through, and with the new XP decay system, I actually get XP from doing them again.