Hybrid View

Default Atrificers got a bit of a kick in the gears....

Looks like Arties took a decent kick in the greasy gears this time around. Lost my force line enhancements (not all that surprised really it's par for the course) but Fired off my lucid dreams only to have anywhere from 1 to all 5 of them be evaded. Only ran 5 quests but didn't have a single mob that took all 5 hits in any of them.

Really??? Really?

*sigh* Sure wish that had been in the release notes I would have LR'd him into a Rogue with Arty splash instead of using it to reallocate skill points. Darned waste of the LR +20 heart.

I bug reported it just in case but honestly I expect this is something that is actually working as intended just not documented.

edit ... dammit sorry for that mispelling, I can't edit the title alas.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    Looks like Arties took a decent kick in the greasy gears this time around. Lost my force line enhancements (not all that surprised really it's par for the course) but Fired off my lucid dreams only to have anywhere from 1 to all 5 of them be evaded. Only ran 5 quests but didn't have a single mob that took all 5 hits in any of them.

Really??? Really?

*sigh* Sure wish that had been in the release notes I would have LR'd him into a Rogue with Arty splash instead of using it to reallocate skill points. Darned waste of the LR +20 heart.

I bug reported it just in case but honestly I expect this is something that is actually working as intended just not documented.

edit ... dammit sorry for that mispelling, I can't edit the title alas.
    1) The Evade thing is just a new display bug. Lucid Dreams isn't even a Reflex save that can be Evaded. They're just Will saving for half damage, same as they always have.

2) Artis are different, don't think that they're less powerful though - you just have to "relearn" some of their nuances. Like I've read several people say that BB now works with Force SP/crit. And since Lore now gives you a crazy pile of crit chance, its a buff for caster Artis. Plus your RA now gives you extra Spellpower. Plus SLAs, I mean damn...

The big difference is you need to decide, now more than before, if you want to focus as a melee arti, a repeater arti, or a caster arti. Melee arti is obviously going to look at melee class splashes. Caster arti will stay pure or go /2 Rogue for Evasion maybe (plus a little Mechanic). Repeater arti will splash some Ranger for active attacks.

I took my pure Arti into a 13 Arti/6 Rgr/1 Dru to buff up my repeater attacks...gave up my dog, which didnt scale into Epic anyway; top level spells, which burnt too much blue bar anyway; some runearm efficacy, which was situational anyway...but I gained a whole buttload of repeater DPS that more than makes up for it.

3) Yes, do your homework before you burn a +20 LR. We all had access to Lama to test out builds before it went Live

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    2) Artis are different, don't think that they're less powerful though - you just have to "relearn" some of their nuances. Like I've read several people say that BB now works with Force SP/crit. And since Lore now gives you a crazy pile of crit chance, its a buff for caster Artis. Plus your RA now gives you extra Spellpower. Plus SLAs, I mean damn...
    It is a nerf, not a buff. At least before Arcane Lore would boost your chance, and your damage. Now you can get fairly high crit chances, but their damage is rather anemic.

That said, Artificers made out better than most with the Enhancement pass. And hopefully the Evade bugginess will soon be sorted.

FWIW, every one of my toons that did the LR still have the heart in inventory. Seems like it would be easy enough to do it again and get what you want. It took me 3 tried on one toon to get it right.

Default Agree

I completely agree. My Artificer got nothing but nerfed and losing the SP line to BB was depressing. Rerolled my 25 arti into a Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    FWIW, every one of my toons that did the LR still have the heart in inventory. Seems like it would be easy enough to do it again and get what you want. It took me 3 tried on one toon to get it right.
    That's probably because didn't use lesser 20. There is two options when LR one is the free one all characters get and second is to use the heart in inventory. Made that mistake on Lama didn't on live and don't have hearts in inventory anymore. How did you do 3 tries in a week there is a week cooldown after each try? Curious not saying your lying just wonder how you did it?

As far as arti goes you get universal power now which is all spells BB included. I like how mine turned out as a caster arti lost a lil ranged but made out overall personally.
    Last edited by Bilger; 08-25-2013 at 03:07 AM.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

Community Member

Plus they removed any enhancements that buffed spot and search. Whilst they did leave in disable / open skill enhancements they're not much use unless you can spot and find the traps. Admittedly with high int search isn't an issue with decent gear but spot? Give me my spot enhancements back! And yes I know for most quests you usually know where the trap are anway, what can I say I have a terrible memory!

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    Plus they removed any enhancements that buffed spot and search. Whilst they did leave in disable / open skill enhancements they're not much use unless you can spot and find the traps. Admittedly with high int search isn't an issue with decent gear but spot? Give me my spot enhancements back! And yes I know for most quests you usually know where the trap are anway, what can I say I have a terrible memory!
    The easy solution to the Spot dilemma is to add a + X Wisdom to an augment slot. I haven't run into any problems with Spot since the pass, and have plenty of augment slots to work with. In fact, I noticed yesterday that I have a clear spot open, guess I never found anything I needed to add to it before the pass. What I have noticed is a difference in the Spot range and actually being able to find it with Search, due to range. I get the "hey look, a trap" icon, hit Search and don't find it, take a couple of steps and then find it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    The easy solution to the Spot dilemma is to add a + X Wisdom to an augment slot. I haven't run into any problems with Spot since the pass, and have plenty of augment slots to work with. In fact, I noticed yesterday that I have a clear spot open, guess I never found anything I needed to add to it before the pass. What I have noticed is a difference in the Spot range and actually being able to find it with Search, due to range. I get the "hey look, a trap" icon, hit Search and don't find it, take a couple of steps and then find it.
    Or add a Spot +XX to the colorless slot, assuming you don't have something else with +Spot already. +11 Spot diamond will give you a lot more than a +6 Wisdom diamond...

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Looks like Arties took a decent kick in the greasy gears this time around. Lost my force line enhancements...
    Every point spent in the Arcanotechnician tree grants 1 universal spell power (including force).

Yes but pre-pass my arty was full on battleengineer with a with a kick ass BB and force shot (lucid dreams).

He's certainly weaker than he was pre-pas now. Not by a lot mind you but enough to notice.

he's the first toon I have re-done who was weaker for sure and honestly the capstone is so Bleh that had I to do it over again I would seriously be tempted to splash some arty into another build.

For now I will accept it though as he's my crafter with a mark of making. once I put some time into his crafting to get him up over 125 without the mark boosts and then I will just roll him into something else ... or park him. Haven't fully decided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Artificers seem to be ok with the enhancement pass. I'm mostly annoyed that pure xbow arties can't have their old capstone anymore.
    It's still possible for high level artificers to take the old capstone (now in Arcanotechnician) while taking crossbow enhancements, including Endless Fusillade, or even the new Tier 5 abilities in Battle Engineer.

We realize not everyone may want that versus other options, but it is still available.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    It's still possible for high level artificers to take the old capstone (now in Arcanotechnician) while taking crossbow enhancements, including Endless Fusillade, or even the new Tier 5 abilities in Battle Engineer.

We realize not everyone may want that versus other options, but it is still available.
    this is the way I went, I put most of my points into the arcanotech tree to get the capstone, along with several nice SLA's, and then the rest went into the xbow enhancements and such. only thing im missing prior to the update is the dragonmarks (still got the least but the other two I didnt have enough points to spend on them in the enhancements).

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post

Wow, really? I must not have been paying attention when I redid my enhancements - thank you for clarifying!

Woohooo!

Oh, and btw, I like how sorcerer works out now much better than previously. My sorc is truly fun to play and feels more versatile.

Mine was mostly unchanged. I did manage to easily pick up wrack construct, which I didn't have before. So that was a bonus.

I noticed that my BB crit'd for over 500 last night against a bear in an Evingstar challenge. So that was new.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

The only problem I can see with what they've done by splitting up the Artificer, is that they've taken away the versatility that may have enticed buyers to purchase the class in the first place, and now the Artificer as they knew it is impossible to construct.

People bought Artificers in a certain form factor, and know that form factor has been changed, and from a certain point of view, crippled. In good faith, people purchased the Artificer class, thinking they'd have it throughout the lifetime of the game, and have had it switched out for three different classes, none of which is as versatile as the one originally designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    The only problem I can see with what they've done by splitting up the Artificer, is that they've taken away the versatility that may have enticed buyers to purchase the class in the first place, and now the Artificer as they knew it is impossible to construct.

People bought Artificers in a certain form factor, and know that form factor has been changed, and from a certain point of view, crippled. In good faith, people purchased the Artificer class, thinking they'd have it throughout the lifetime of the game, and have had it switched out for three different classes, none of which is as versatile as the one originally designed.
    I disagree. My artificer is even more versatile than before. This was not a bad change for artificers (once bugs are worked out anyway.). It might be true if you couldn't get stuff from every tree, but you can, so it is not true (from my point of view anyway).

How is your's now lacking in versatility?
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post

I'm really not having this issue. At 20/1, I'm not doing worse than I was at 19 and 20 before the pass. I bought it way back when it first came out, and frankly, it's still the goto class if I want to farm some easy favor on another server.