Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    I would love to know how you intended to do this, since bards can't be lawful.
    Thats a good point. I guess that i will have to park him or Tr him. I was assuming that the 20+ allowed change of alignment.
    "Player testers have done an excelent job and I really do appreciate the testing done by the players that report the issues which then get ignored ......."

Community Member

Like every past update there are a lot of news and a lot of bugs.
    Let devs take their time to fix.

A suggestion for those player that playing a support bard (no dps). If someone break your Fascinate or Enthrallment song, let him die. Simply dont heal him; after one or two times that this player die, he stop to cleave in the center of fascinated mobs.
    In this game the healer must know what is the right position in the group for survive.
    In this game the bard must know what is the right position in the group for survive.
    In this game the spellcaster must know what is the right position in the group for survive.
    Let the melee learn what is the right position against the mobs for survive, there are too many Rambo in this game.

In every EE quest i done like support bard fatesinger, the time for finish the quest was inferior than the quest that i played with my FVS (the most zerger class in DDO).
    its simply, in EE we must go in group cause the mobs is too many e too strong, and for minimize the time for completion we need to kill them faster as possible, if all the group focus the aggro to one or two mobs at time, the total mobs go down faster, and if u want kill one mob at time without consume all the sp of the healer the only solution is fascinating, ottating, enthrallating, sirenseting, capereting...

Sorry for my English.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    Uh huh. I have 3 different bards and have been playing them for 7+ years. I think I've seen song of capering used maybe 3 or 4 times. If you are going to expend a song... I really have no idea why you would pick Capering over Siren's Song. And if you are going multi-target, it's time to break out the old standard fascinate with haunted added in...

That used to be, in some groups. Now that fascinating lowers the mobs saves it's almost NEVER a bad idea to fascinate. It has to be a really incompetent melee cleaver to make fascinate useless now, and if you are playing with incompetence... it's not the bard class at fault.

Bards seem to be one of the few classes that get speed boost now. Add that onto being one of the few classes that have Haste as a spell, and I'm really not sure how they are speeding off without you. Singing songs doesn't slow you down, either.

Yes, and bards are known for their one-trick-pony-ness. UMD is still useless. Maximized mass cure moderates, even more useless still. Buffs, debuffs, CC, all utterly useless. Even that stupid lame dimension door spell... useless.

It's time to just stop playing bards, forever...

Maybe your bard is a wasted slot, mine definitely aren't. So please speak only for your own inadequacy. If you didn't build your bard to have decent to better-than-decent melee DPS as a bare minimum that is NOBODY's fault but your own. One of my bards is an Arcane Archer, and the enhancement changes made those stupidly devastating.
    Yeah, your still a d ck,

Jjust troll pretending to be some kind of "uber-bardster". Clearly the speed is a issue to us, but nooooooooooooo you just have to ignore that and "blah blah blah im so great, gosh your all dumb blah blah"

so go ahead and flag this one too buddy because someone else is going to start flagging all the crud you have spouted in the past 5 month

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    Uh huh. I have 3 different bards and have been playing them for 7+ years. I think I've seen song of capering used maybe 3 or 4 times. If you are going to expend a song... I really have no idea why you would pick Capering over Siren's Song. And if you are going multi-target, it's time to break out the old standard fascinate with haunted added in...
    Rarely do I read a post that makes me astounded that some people's gaming experience can be so far removed from my own. I think the above pretty much sums it up.

In 7+ years, you've never met a competent bard who used an unbreakable CC song that doesn't have to be at touch distance like Otto's Irresistable.

Bearing in mind of course that the ED based abilities you're quoting have only been around for 14 months, while Prestige classes have been around for 4 years, this is even more remarkable.

I guess this just goes to demonstrate how varied different experiences can be.

No way the casting time on Capering can be WAI. Definitely a bug.

The fact that you then go on to call the first person to reply to the OP inadequate just makes you come across as a complete moron. He's clearly wrong that bards are useless, but surely someone with your years of experience could enlighten him?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12