Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Hatchery

Default Anyone else optimistic now?

The enhancement pass is out, and doesn't suck.

There's a huge list of core game mechanics that have been changed in the last 15 months.

Since MotU, Armor Class, Dodge, Attack Rolls, level cap, epic quests, sneaking, enhancements, secret doors, lootgen, some feats, archery, quest repetition, and a huge list of other things have all been almost completely reworked.

What's left? Feats, spells, TRing... that's about it.

Now that there's almost nothing left to change, maybe they'll stop changing/adding new mechanics/systems and instead work on awesome new quests.

Maybe.

Nah, any time players get too happy about anything, they'll find a way to break it.

If they aren't fixing what isn't broken, they aren't doing their jobs

No seriously though, the ENP was a pleasant surprise, multitude of bugs notwithstanding.

Now, let's just hope that they get the TR pass right.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Now, let's just hope that they get the TR pass right.
    DoOoOoOoOoM!
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Community Member

Overall, I quite like the new enhancements, so far. That said, I haven't reworked my Artificers yet and I am not so optimistic about them... but I'm reserving judgement until I try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    The enhancement pass is out, and doesn't suck.

There's a huge list of core game mechanics that have been changed in the last 15 months.

Since MotU, Armor Class, Dodge, Attack Rolls, level cap, epic quests, sneaking, enhancements, secret doors, lootgen, some feats, archery, quest repetition, and a huge list of other things have all been almost completely reworked.

What's left? Feats, spells, TRing... that's about it.

Now that there's almost nothing left to change, maybe they'll stop changing/adding new mechanics/systems and instead work on awesome new quests.

Maybe.
    I didn't like the ep's alpha and I think there are still some classes with glaring problems, but I think the biggest doom is the whole wipe your ed xp that they had planned for u20 with etr and new htr. It still makes me nervous about playing much, as I don't know if I'll be around after that.

My personal d0000mm!! level's about the same. It depends on what they do next, all the systems changes have been pretty terrible and scream of programers changing things just for the sake of changing them to justify their jobs.

the CONTENT makes up for it usually but I cannot say I'm a fan of this pack. Weak quests with insane amounts of trash mobs can't really say that they are fun. I feel bad for people who actually payed money for the pack.

If the next couple of packs are good then maybe their is hope, otherwise the d000000mmm!!! will go full -retard.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 08-24-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantronic View Post
    Overall, I quite like the new enhancements, so far. That said, I haven't reworked my Artificers yet and I am not so optimistic about them... but I'm reserving judgement until I try it.
    I like it overall for the most part but there are somethings that really stick in my craw. Pure fighter suck, that's just not right. There are some INSANELY over-powered changes as well that are screaming to be nerfed later.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    My personal d0000mm!! level's about the same. It depends on what they do next, all the systems changes have been pretty terrible and scream of programers changing things just for the sake of changing them to justify their jobs.

the CONTENT makes up for it usually but I cannot say I'm a fan of this pack. Weak questions with insane amounts of trash mobs can't really say that they are fun. I feel bad for people who actually payed money for the pack.

If the next couple of packs are good then maybe their is hope, otherwise the d000000mmm!!! will go full -retard.
    No need to feel bad for me, since i enjoyed them a lot.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I didn't like the ep's alpha and I think there are still some classes with glaring problems, but I think the biggest doom is the whole wipe your ed xp that they had planned for u20 with etr and new htr. It still makes me nervous about playing much, as I don't know if I'll be around after that.
    IIRC, they scrapped that.

the CONTENT makes up for it usually but I cannot say I'm a fan of this pack. Weak quests with insane amounts of trash mobs can't really say that they are fun. I feel bad for people who actually payed money for the pack.

I like them. They're fun to stealth through.

Weak quests with insane amounts of trash mobs can't really say that they are fun. I feel bad for people who actually payed money for the pack.
    I feel I got a good deal for my money. I enjoy running the new content on Epic Elite with my friends. Nothing like running quests you don't know on the highest difficulty level and successfully completing them.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

exactly how i feel, i wasn't playing at all in the last 2 weeks before expansion and kinda scheduled things so i have a lot of free time after to learn it and play it, well... it didn't happen. not yet. still hesitating to invest much time and any cash into a game i might leave for good after just 1 update.

Community Member

I have been optimistic for a while now. The enhancement pass always sounded like it would be a good change. Sure there are people that loved their current flavor of the month builds that were going to be upset that they have to change them, but I like to TR and "breaking" my pure class builds wouldn't matter even if it had happened. It was always very boring trying to save up 6 enhancement points to get 1 stat point under the old system. I would regularly go 2 or 3 levels before even bothering to upgrade my enhancements before because most of the time they were boring with little to look forward to unless you just hit levels 6 or 12.

With the new epic TRing coming up I am even more optimistic as that will truly expand the game for me. Before the game would have been over as soon as I got 39 lives and triple completionist, but now there will be more to do and the game will last longer. I know the whiny, "I hate leveling ED's crowd" got their panties all in a bunch that TRing might wipe ED experience (because we are all used to having no experience wiped when we TR apparently) but not only is that not likely to happen but it wouldn't matter if it did. Tring is about replaying the game not keeping all the progress you had in your previous life.

Frankly, people on these forums worry too much. The game will grow and change over time and most of us will adapt and continue to have fun. I am one of those people that would prefer a very low magic world where a +5 longsword is considered level 20 loot, but that ship sailed back in alpha. I did however adapt and here we are.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Maybe.
    I'm not holding my breath. All they do is change game systems.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

IIRC, they scrapped that.

It's weird and I'm too lazy atm to find the dev quotes with search down atm, but producerrowan stated that the ship for wiping ed's has sailed, but then when pressed to get him to say that they weren't going to wipe ed xp for epic advantage, he said he didn't want to bind the hands of the game designers by taking things off the table. It was like he was trying to play both sides so I'm not confident in what he's said. The only thing that will relax me on it is seeing some preview versions on lam.

Not so optimistic.

Many of the times you pick up the class' stat bonus it doesn't apply and relogging doesn't fix it. So I'm forced to pay 100s of thousands of plat resetting the tree till the stat fixes. I've spent over a million plat on one character just fixing my enhancements b/c something didn't apply right and it stays stuck with points spent and on the tree they say they're bought..but look in the enhancements tab and they aren't there.

I'm looking at you cleric, monk, and favored soul wisdom/dex >/

Community Member

It's weird and I'm too lazy atm to find the dev quotes with search down atm, but producerrowan stated that the ship for wiping ed's has sailed, but then when pressed to get him to say that they weren't going to wipe ed xp for epic advantage, he said he didn't want to bind the hands of the game designers by taking things off the table. It was like he was trying to play both sides so I'm not confident in what he's said. The only thing that will relax me on it is seeing some preview versions on lam.
    They never said the ship had sailed. From the very beginning, they said it was just a talk to gather the feelings of the players about different idea. Something they should be doing. BUT, because... well, because of the type of person these forums attract, we couldn't have that discussion, and instead a bunch of people may stuff up, probably meaning that we won't be having these discussions in the future.

This is why we can't have nice things.

AND THEN, another dev came on the thread with NEW idea of what would be happening going forward. One of the ideas was completely scrapping the epic TR idea and losing ED xp, and the other was that IF something like that was implemented, they would grandfather in all ED XP already earned.

Community Member

Lightbulb

I am optimistic with about everything I've seen except the new limp wristed paladins and the team behind loot design decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    They never said the ship had sailed. From the very beginning, they said it was just a talk to gather the feelings of the players about different idea. Something they should be doing. BUT, because... well, because of the type of person these forums attract, we couldn't have that discussion, and instead a bunch of people may stuff up, probably meaning that we won't be having these discussions in the future.

This is why we can't have nice things.

AND THEN, another dev came on the thread with NEW idea of what would be happening going forward. One of the ideas was completely scrapping the epic TR idea and losing ED xp, and the other was that IF something like that was implemented, they would grandfather in all ED XP already earned.
    sigh ok here is him saying the ship has sailed, granted that was me paraphrasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Wiping all ED XP might have made some sense if we made it part of the system a year ago, but you folks have made it quite clear that we're past that point.
    and here is him saying the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    I'm not going to disavow the previous design for a few reasons, primarily because I don't want to constrain the freedom of our designers. I want to hear the idea first (I've heard a lot of ideas, I want to get to the one we bring back to you).
    so please rant on about how they didn't say that and people are making things up.

sigh ok here is him saying the ship has sailed, granted that was me paraphrasing.

and here is him saying the opposite

so please rant on about how they didn't say that and people are making things up.
    "The ship has sailed" means that they've committed to doing it, not they've decided against it. So NO, Rowan never said "the ship has sailed". They are NOT committed to wiping ED XP on eTR.

He did say that he's leaving all options on the table, meaning that ED XP wipe on eTR may occur, in some form, and as was discussed in the thread, there are several options that players would accept if that ends up being the case. What's more likely is that they'll wipe only the ED XP from the tree that you are capped in, specifically TRing, and specifically gaining an ED TR Feat from.

In any case, it's too early to start dooming.

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    "The ship has sailed" means that they've committed to doing it, not they've decided against it. So NO, Rowan never said "the ship has sailed". They are NOT committed to wiping ED XP on eTR.

He did say that he's leaving all options on the table, meaning that ED XP wipe on eTR may occur, in some form, and as was discussed in the thread, there are several options that players would accept if that ends up being the case. What's more likely is that they'll wipe only the ED XP from the tree that you are capped in, specifically TRing, and specifically gaining an ED TR Feat from.

In any case, it's too early to start dooming.
    Their first idea was so bad that it's the perfect time for doom and has been for months since they first put forth that abomination of an idea.

edit btw

This
    Wiping all ED XP might have made some sense if we made it part of the system a year ago, but you folks have made it quite clear that that ship has sailed.

reads the same as

Wiping all ED XP might have made some sense if we made it part of the system a year ago, but you folks have made it quite clear that we're past that point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast