Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Yeah I'm done. You don't understand anything about this game nor how anything is figured up.

Quote Originally Posted by riskyraines View Post
    LOL you are funny as if im gonna go through all of that for a heal scroll get real...stop arguing just to argue. Of course logistically it can be done. Im speaking realisticly. Nobody is gonna go through all of that to cast 1 firkin heal scroll.
    I'm not "going through all that" at once, but mix and match at various levels to have a decent UMD. For example a Cha +4 ring of Persuasion with masterful craftsmanship gives you a net bonus of +5 to all Cha skills (incl. UMD) at level 9, but of course I won't use that item forever.

im talking walking dry no buffs 100% umd...this class is dumb.
    My unbuffed UMD at level 27 (as we're apparently talking about endgame now):

23 ranks
    +4 cha (8 base, +4 tome, +6 item)
    +2 mechanic UMD
    +2 rogue skill mastery x2
    +2 good luck +2 item
    +2 exceptional cha skills (upgraded heroic ring of lies, which also gives the cha bonus)
    +7 epic skill bonus at level 27
    ----
    42 total (so it'll be 43 at cap)

So even with a ring of deceit instead of a ring of lies (net -1 UMD), 6 Cha / +2 tome instead 8 / +4 (net -2) and only 1 skill mastery (-1) you'd still be at 39 UMD at cap - and with +2 cha from ship buffs and max mechanic UMD you wouldn't even need a luck item.

I'd also recommend always taking Greater Heroism scrolls into the equation as soon as you have an 80% success chance to use it. +4 to all saves and +4 to all skills for 11 minutes makes this one of the best self buffs for rogues that I know (and fear immunity is occasionally very useful too). Actually on my own chars I start using GH scrolls as soon as I have a 60% success chance, the bonuses are just that good.

Oh and btw it takes 17 pts in shadar kai for chain attack there dinosaur. Add in assassin enhancements . Acrobat enhancements you cant make the umd skills in mechanic. Stop being a dinosaur and look at what end game gear actually is. You quite obviously don't have any raid gear or any good EE gear if you are laying a +10 charisma item on you and have room in a colorless for a +2 insightful charisma...id love to hear your idea of a rogues complete end game gear. Because yiou really don't know gear AT ALL.
    Just checked the enhancements on my halfling assassin: 16 points in racial tree, 41 in assassin tree, 19 in mechanic tree*, 4 in acrobat tree (all I needed from that one was faster sneaking.

*acc. to ddowiki UMD is unlocked after spending 10 points in this tree, and +1 AP for each +1 UMD (too lazy to log in again and check it)

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    He claimed that no self respecting rogue would have 40 umd at endgame with a 6 cha starting because self respecting rogues don't wear any other gear other than the mid level gear he is still clinging to. Any breakdown presented was quoted by him and any beneficial gear was dismissed as "no self respecting rogue wears this".
    Hey, my rogue has mediocre gear and I do fine, I pull my weight in groups and usually have no difficulties soloing EH quests. Never underestimate the power of mediocrity!

cant compare apples and oranges bud you aren't a pure rogue so stop taklking like you know something about it. Your gear choice is inferior to mi9ne anything you have on you I have and then more if you are still wearing the adamantine cloak. Cant compare a build that isn't wielding balizarde because any GOOD rogue knows that the VERY best rogue weapon hands down no questions about it so the build must center around it DONE served
    Aw man, I don't have a balizarde - do I still have to center my build around it on the chance I'll pull it one day or does that mean I'm not allowed to play my rogue anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    Because the best rogues use Agony [...]
    Gah!! I don't have that one either!!!

It is not necessary to have the bestamest gear, actually IMHO it's pretty sad if someone can't play their char well unless they have the best possible gear for every slot (although having the best possible gear will certainly improve a well played character).

Also, with all the compliments being flung around in this thread: IBTL

Community Member

Default non of chais statements are actual quotes i never said anything like what hes saying

Quote Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post
    I'm not "going through all that" at once, but mix and match at various levels to have a decent UMD. For example a Cha +4 ring of Persuasion with masterful craftsmanship gives you a net bonus of +5 to all Cha skills (incl. UMD) at level 9, but of course I won't use that item forever.

My unbuffed UMD at level 27 (as we're apparently talking about endgame now):

23 ranks
    +4 cha (8 base, +4 tome, +6 item)
    +2 mechanic UMD
    +2 rogue skill mastery x2
    +2 good luck +2 item
    +2 exceptional cha skills (upgraded heroic ring of lies, which also gives the cha bonus)
    +7 epic skill bonus at level 27
    ----
    42 total (so it'll be 43 at cap)

So even with a ring of deceit instead of a ring of lies (net -1 UMD), 6 Cha / +2 tome instead 8 / +4 (net -2) and only 1 skill mastery (-1) you'd still be at 39 UMD at cap - and with +2 cha from ship buffs and max mechanic UMD you wouldn't even need a luck item.

I'd also recommend always taking Greater Heroism scrolls into the equation as soon as you have an 80% success chance to use it. +4 to all saves and +4 to all skills for 11 minutes makes this one of the best self buffs for rogues that I know (and fear immunity is occasionally very useful too). Actually on my own chars I start using GH scrolls as soon as I have a 60% success chance, the bonuses are just that good.

Just checked the enhancements on my halfling assassin: 16 points in racial tree, 41 in assassin tree, 19 in mechanic tree*, 4 in acrobat tree (all I needed from that one was faster sneaking.

*acc. to ddowiki UMD is unlocked after spending 10 points in this tree, and +1 AP for each +1 UMD (too lazy to log in again and check it)

Hey, my rogue has mediocre gear and I do fine, I pull my weight in groups and usually have no difficulties soloing EH quests. Never underestimate the power of mediocrity!

Aw man, I don't have a balizarde - do I still have to center my build around it on the chance I'll pull it one day or does that mean I'm not allowed to play my rogue anymore?

Gah!! I don't have that one either!!!

It is not necessary to have the bestamest gear, actually IMHO it's pretty sad if someone can't play their char well unless they have the best possible gear for every slot (although having the best possible gear will certainly improve a well played character).

Also, with all the compliments being flung around in this thread: IBTL
    hes a troll my umd is fine shadar kai are nerfy simple stuff

name one category you think you have me beat
    ddo.

/thread.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

balizarde does more base damage and matches agony everywhere else therefore balizarde does more damge simple math stop being stubborn
    You seem to be looking at the base damage that shows up in the window when you inspect a weapon. No one who does serious DPS calculations uses that because it ignores many important factors that add to DPS. For instance it does not take into account the damage from weapon effects like entropic, hemorrhaging, or disintegration which can add significant amounts of damage.

Community Member

Default so all of your arguements have been nullified

I use balizarde and agony in my build so I obviously have the best options in my hands they bothe do just about equal damage but balizarde edges it with drow enhancements. I proved we don't need skirmishers bracers because I have your DS equaled with out them. And I have disable 20 search 20 blur resistance 7 that you don't. I also have spell absorb inherent resistance and 2 augs you don't have. I also have +4 damage and 12 prr and a n insightful stat you don't have is there reall even an argument here? My setup is far superior to yours

Community Member

Default i use agony tyvm

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    You seem to be looking at the base damage that shows up in the window when you inspect a weapon. No one who does serious DPS calculations uses that because it ignores many important factors that add to DPS. For instance it does not take into account the damage from weapon effects like entropic, hemorrhaging, or disintegration which can add significant amounts of damage.
    I USE AGONY where is the argument here?

Community Member

Default also

I also have better seeker than you more dodge and I have good luck on a weapon so I don't need to slot it. I also get sup parrying which you don't get....sooooooooo many things I get that you don't have. Time to rethink your setup its old news

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I USE AGONY where is the argument here?
    You're apparently using it in the wrong hand for maximum DPS because you do not understand the proper way to compare two weapons damage. (As I mention the base damage number you see when looking at the weapons is practically meaningless because it ignores important factors.)

Community Member

Default do some research youll find although its classified as a light weapon you get minuses

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously Tolero just close this thread.
    I get minuses when dual wielding rapiers

Community Member

Default please tolero enlighten these guys

please tolero enlighten these guys... Tell em rapiers need oversized 2 weapon fighting to not get minuses

Community Member

Default its time you admitted my build and setup is superior dude.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously Tolero just close this thread.
    all the proof is there just on my bracers and cloak my setup absolutely owns you. We haven't even mentioned the other gear

I get minuses when dual wielding rapiers
    I have a fighter that dual wields Bastard Swords and has a 70 to hit in each hand easy. No Oversized. Seriously, how long have you been playing this game if you think that feat is even worth a slot on a feat strapped class like a Rogue?

Community Member

Default you keep bringing up other classes to a discussion abour rogues

I have a fighter that dual wields Bastard Swords and has a 70 to hit in each hand easy. No Oversized. Seriously, how long have you been playing this game if you think that feat is even worth a slot on a feat strapped class like a Rogue?
    your points have ALL been nullified now you are being stubborn nobody cares what your fighter does in a discussion about rogues stop arguing just to argue an admit that I have the very best set up possible on my rogue....you have been weighed , measured and found wanting

WRONG AGAIN !!!!!!! you need oversized two-weapon fighting to wield balizarde in offhand WRONG AGAIN keep trying guys
    Nope. This is now the seventh contradiction. You completely dismissed to hit as something that doesn't matter, and now youre going to say you NEED OTWF? Either to-hit matters or it doesn't. Which is it?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Due to multiple violations of the community guidelines, this thread is now closed.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112