Community Member

Default Killing with Grace: A U19 Dex Synergy Thread

I'm currently playing with the new battle engineer for my artificer, but I'd like to try a new dex type of build next life.

..with all these new "dex for damage with finessed weapons" enhancements I'm wondering what synergizes with what.
    ..or what are some juicy dex builds people have come up with.

Let look at the enhancements:

Monk:
    Ninja Spy:
    Ninja Training: You are proficient with short swords and treat them as Ki weapons. While you are centered, you can use your Dexterity modifier to hit with piercing and slashing weapons.

Ninja Training: While you are centered, you can use your Dexterity modifier for damage with piercing and slashing weapons. You also gain a chance based on your Dexterity score to throw an extra shuriken per attack.

Ranger:
    Deepwood sniper
    Improved Weapon Finesse: You can use your Dexterity modifier for damage when wielding melee weapons with which you can use your Dexterity modifier to hit.

Tempest:
    Tempest: You gain +10% chance to make off-hand attacks when dual wielding. While you are dual wielding, you can use your dexterity modifier to hit with light melee weapons. You now treat Scimitars as if they were light melee weapons.

Graceful Death: While you are dual wielding, you can use your dexterity modifier for damage with light melee weapons.

Rogue:
    Assassin:
    Knife in the Darkness: You gain proficiency with Kukris. You can also use your Dexterity modifier to hit with Daggers and Kukris

Dagger in the Back: You can now use your Dexterity for damage with Daggers and Kukris. If you possess the Weapon Finesse feat, this also applies to melee weapons with which you can use your Dexterity modifier to hit.

Acrobat:
    Acrobat: You can also use your Dexteroty modifier to hit with Quarterstaves.

Stick Fighting: You can now use your Dexterity modifier for damage with Quarterstaves.

Elf Racial Enhancements:
    Grace: You may use Dexterity to hit [actually to Damage, not to-hit] with your chosen set of weapons.
    Choose one:

Aerenal Grace: You may use Dexterity to determine the damage you deal with Longswords, Rapiers, and Longbows.
    Valenar Grace: You may use Dexterity to determine the damage you deal with Scimitars, Falchions, and Shortbows.

Well my two biggest question: What works with Tempests enhancement that lets scimitars being treated as light weapons? Does Imprvoed weapon finesse work with monks unarmed if I have the weapon finesse feat?
    Last edited by EssenceofEvil; 08-24-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EssenceofEvil View Post
    Well my two biggest question: What works with Tempests enhancement that lets scimitars being treated as light weapons?
    I'm not sure what you mean; you can't be a centered monk with scimitars unless you also take 8 levels of fighter for One with the Blade. I imagine that the Improved Weapon Finesse and Dagger in the Back enhancements will let you use Dex to damage with them as well

Quote Originally Posted by EssenceofEvil View Post
    Does Imprvoed weapon finesse work with monks unarmed if I have the weapon finesse feat?
    No, this is a known issue.
    "You lie down with rats, and the rats run away."