Default Please fix your chain quest system

title says it all. second time i was running wheloon chain - second time i have to deal with your mess just to get chain reward. first time it was cause heroic chainis causing mess with epic chain. good for me there was way around, and abandoning heroic chain was enough. second time i havent started heroic chain, only epic, but the chain giver got stuck on part of dialog for second maybe third quest despite i have all quests for chain completed - i tried to abandon all in log i have uncompleted with no reasonable result - still insists that i need to go help another . finaly i abandoned that particular quest to repeat it.

havent run it again yet, but i suspect the chain will just move to third tier of his dialog.

Your recent chain systém is real mess. do we really need to have every chain quest in log under two DIFFERENT names? and if we do , i know there are folks who are wise n polite enough to report to supervising officer after each deed they make, couldnt just check our overal progress to see the state of events. I dont know why it could work for high road chain and very likely for any else, but not for this one.
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 08-24-2013 at 10:02 AM.

One more issue to add:
    While my whole party had the problem you described, I got the end reward list (by not taking the heroic chain). Though I closed the window for a moment to help troubleshoot the other's problems.
    When I talk to Edric again, the list is empty.
    NedrilFavored Soul . GidraMonkcher . LambalorBard . Cannith

I noticed if you don't retake the quest after completing each one it doesn't seem to mess up as bad. I used to have problems with the demonweb chain doing the same thing but I would run each quest and not retake quest when I turn in the end reward until I completed chain. try this and hope it helps

i never took any quest again. so that is not my case. i just talked to that guz once again while in progress in chain.

but well. now i did quick repetion of that quest he wanted me to run and he finaly noticed chain is done and gave me reward.

so i m less ****ed off now, but still think someone should look into how this thing work.

Finished the stormhorns chain on ee last night, had the endreward for the chain bug out. Will probably never again complete what goes up since the effects in it made me motion sick. So I will now never get the end reward.

Abandoning heroic versions of the quests will allow you to get your end reward.
    Dontbleed----Velvetelvis----Bleedout----Whatsina
    Synergia
    Argo

Quote Originally Posted by rjbutchko View Post
    Abandoning heroic versions of the quests will allow you to get your end reward.
    I tried that and it did not work. This is not a be all end all solution
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

I complete the quest on heroic normal and can't get the end chain reward also; I'm level 21, so can't get the epic ones. I submit a ticket and the GM says he can't do anything, "put a bug report" says me and I did it, but I think the answer will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by PpalP View Post
    I complete the quest on heroic normal and can't get the end chain reward also; I'm level 21, so can't get the epic ones. I submit a ticket and the GM says he can't do anything, "put a bug report" says me and I did it, but I think the answer will be the same.
    Don't worry, they will come in and say thanks for finding this! Then it will never get fixed.

Epic Flameward comes to mind....

Oh and go run FoT (if you aren't on your 20th) and enjoy the bugged out DM.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by PpalP View Post
    I submit a ticket and the GM says he can't do anything, "put a bug report" says me and I did it, but I think the answer will be the same.
    There is no 'answer' to a Bug Report, they do not contact you about those ever. If the Help Ticket says they can't help you, you are not getting helped.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

I never started the heroic chain and cannot get the epic chain to complete. I have also done every quest for the saga but "What Goes Up" is still listed as unfinished even though Ive done it three times now...