Unhappy S&B attack animation still broke

This mainly affects human S&B's, and has been a known issue by both QA & Dev's for at least 8 months now.
    It is a crude video (sorry) (I was trying to slow it down) and will post a better one later today.
    But basically, I can't even play either of my formerly tweaked out intim S&B's.
    From the floor angle, you can see the character "hopping" out of it's "socket" and skipping off to his left side when he slide's back in place.
    It is on the 4th attack animation as clearly demonstrated in this video.

The Update with all the sweeping changes are great; Overall you absolutely nailed it with this expansion,
    & the rework on all the vital systems. Seriously, a tremendous job.
    Now please follow all the PR work & player interaction you all have done a great job with, and fix this
    Last edited by ferd; 08-24-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

edited video. Making a new one now.

"I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Between this and losing hit points every time I swap weapons Turbine really wants me to give up on my sword&board Paladin.

At least this one finally made it to the know issue list.

Community Member

Yea, I stopped playing my human fighter when this started happening. I got tired of constantly having to run back to the right during long fights.

Default same problem, different animation

Human Male 20 Bard is having the same problem but only when wielding a falchion. With greataxe, no problems. And it seems to be a problem with males only as my human female characters have no problems swinging any weapon I choose.

Suggestion for video - do it while hitting the training dummy until eventually you are no longer hitting it and swinging at air.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by kuro_zero View Post
    Suggestion for video - do it while hitting the training dummy until eventually you are no longer hitting it and swinging at air.
    Do it on the edge of a cliff until you fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Do it on the edge of a cliff until you fall off.
    As funny as your reply could be. It isn't.

Devs. Please fix this

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    As funny as your reply could be. It isn't.

Devs. Please fix this
    Caught in the web....I swear I am going to fall off each time I swing at her.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Yeah have same issue with my S&B Pali and also when using eSOS on my fighter I move slightly backwards. Both are human male characters, no issue with any other characters animations just seems to be human males.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

Yup I can confirm it effects human males with greatswords as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Yup I can confirm it effects human males with greatswords as well.
    S&B ive seen it with, but not greatswords, got to check if it happens
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    S&B ive seen it with, but not greatswords, got to check if it happens
    I've got a completionist wannabe that I'm running thru a bard life atm, 15bard 2 fighter 1 cleric atm, he has fairly a good stunning blow dc since he buffs up to 50 str atm, so I decided to look for a 2h stunning weapon on the ah last night and surprisingly it's on greatswords now instead of just mauls etc. I bought the greatsword and was just playing around on the ship and noticed it when attacking the training dummy that I was moving farther and farther away from it.

This also happens on mine. It also happens on the same character when using the EAGA and improved sundering, I slide forward.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

No answer from the devs?
    OK, maybe I didn't sugar coat the thread.
    So my human S&B are worthless & not playable?
    How about a True Heart & change all the RR items & wep's so I can make him a dwarf?
    Any word about this devs?

Quote Originally Posted by elraido View Post
    Caught in the web....I swear I am going to fall off each time I swing at her.
    With greatswords you go backwards. CitW is obnoxious enough to find the right hitbox, but on characters that move when you swing, you have to keep stopping and finding the right place to stand again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    With greatswords you go backwards. CitW is obnoxious enough to find the right hitbox, but on characters that move when you swing, you have to keep stopping and finding the right place to stand again and again.
    Good post,
    I'll make a video of it over the weekend.
    I would have made one after my OP, but I haven't logged on since.!
    It's bugs like this one that make this game very unappealing.

Wish would get a reply or someone saying they read post and is known. Read by Dev only would make me happy.

Tanked FOT on S&B human male other night and really it is bad enough having to keep moving back after he knocks you back, but also readjusting self every 2 seconds hurts when keeping the hate up. The loss in generation makes it just a lil harder to keep aggro (didn't lose it) when have fury archers and such laying into him.

The character is shelved now until this animation is fixed which is to bad, because believe it or not S&B tanking is viable and fun again if have a clue what you are doing.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Bilger View Post
    Wish would get a reply or someone saying they read post and is known. Read by Dev only would make me happy.
    It was acknowledged on the lamannia forums and it is also on the known issue list now. (Not sure that makes it any more likely to get fixed though)