Community Member

Question Pure paladin with evasion?

I took my lvl 21 paladin to the Kings forest to check out the new enhancemnents and I noticed that I am evading some spells like cone of cold for example. So I looked up my feats and enhancenments but couldnt find anything about evasion. How is that possible?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by XBuX View Post
    I took my lvl 21 paladin to the Kings forest to check out the new enhancemnents and I noticed that I am evading some spells like cone of cold for example. So I looked up my feats and enhancenments but couldnt find anything about evasion. How is that possible?
    Shadowdancer ED?
    Reflex Feat?
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    Shadowdancer ED?
    Reflex Feat?
    I've noticed the same thing on my Paladin. Not in Shadowdancer. If I switch to Shadowdancer I get that annoying message at the top constantly saying "You can't evade in heavy armor".

I haven't checked enough to figure out if it is really evasion or if it is just a bug that happens when you make reflex save.

Community Member

Are you actually not taking any damage?

Asking this, because after update 19, artificer rune arm with a force shot, which has a will save, is showing that monsters, when they save against the shot, "evade" it. They do take half of the dmg, like normal thou. I'm just seeing:
    Evade
    Evade
    Evade
    Evade
    Evade

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    If I switch to Shadowdancer I get that annoying message at the top constantly saying "You can't evade in heavy armor".
    Hmmm, I was expecting a notice for my Medium armor as well (Terrorweb Chitin Breastplate) while under Shadowdancer, and no notice yet. Is it because the breastplate has superior nimbleness? or is made of leather?

There is definitely a bug here. I've been receiving EVADE messages for stuff that doesn't use a reflex save such as death aura and ray spells.
    Last edited by BigSlugger; 08-24-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Community Member

I am in Unyielding Sentinel so no reason for evasion + wearing heavy armor. And I am actualy not sure if I took any demage or not (I ll do some testing later today) I just noticed that evade text message.

Community Member

Yea I noticed that I've been getting "Evade" messeages as well.
    Unable to confirm if I was getting damaged or not.
    Was either in US or LD destiny so no reason to have evasion.
    Ninja buff for Paladins maybe? lol

The evade message comes randomly for PCs and enemies when they roll saves. It seems to not mean/do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by deathblaze View Post
    Yea I noticed that I've been getting "Evade" messeages as well.
    Unable to confirm if I was getting damaged or not.
    Was either in US or LD destiny so no reason to have evasion.
    Ninja buff for Paladins maybe? lol
    Not just for pallies I'm afraid.

Leveling a new toon (arti/air savant SLA spammer) and saw an evade message and was a bit surprised. I think it is just a aberration.
    Just like when I throw a repair spell on my WF and see the wrench,heal number and reflex save reflex savereflex savereflex save across the whole screen

Community Member

Default Display bug

So after some testing, it seems that its only display bug instead of reflex save. Bummer... evasion would be cool

[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/YOiImEf.jpg?1)

Quote Originally Posted by Extispex View Post
    Batman will rise again, with stewy as the now more aggressive and profane word robin.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Extispex View Post
    The build that we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

Default No no. Its not a evasive Pally, its a Piking paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by XBuX View Post

I understand how your cornfused... your not used to seeing your pally show its true nature. It wants to pike.

That glasschin class has no useful splash, so its trying to say to you, "Leave me at the quest entrance, please!!! Look, I can kill myself if I just keep picking up these weapons....."

If you want your pure (choke) Pally to 'get in THERE', then ignore those pansy side-steppin' moves and place its head on the chopping block... he'll get the axe soon enough!! The adventure areas are full of hungry wildlife that will chow down on cowardly pallys.

Brought to you by People for a Paladin Free Khyber, Please remember to spay or neuter your paladins today!!

Furb

The Anti Paladin League.

Default Yes. And Good Weapons?

I noticed this too. I also notice my good weapons enhancement doesn't seem to be working and is not breaking good dr. Anyone else getting this?
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Furbitor View Post
    I understand how your cornfused... your not used to seeing your pally show its true nature. It wants to pike.

That glasschin class has no useful splash, so its trying to say to you, "Leave me at the quest entrance, please!!! Look, I can kill myself if I just keep picking up these weapons....."

If you want your pure (choke) Pally to 'get in THERE', then ignore those pansy side-steppin' moves and place its head on the chopping block... he'll get the axe soon enough!! The adventure areas are full of hungry wildlife that will chow down on cowardly pallys.

Brought to you by People for a Paladin Free Khyber, Please remember to spay or neuter your paladins today!!

Furb

The Anti Paladin League.
    Lol dont worry I hate that toon too Its my bank character. Just wanted to see the new enhancement And yes I made it to the lvl 20 mostly by piking at the entrance while my second account toon did aaaaall the hard work
    Last edited by XBuX; 08-26-2013 at 10:57 AM.