Community Member

Default Shillelagh on Greatclubs?

Would that be amazing or is there something better for barbarians? I'm new to playing barb and I wonder what the weapon preference is.

How about a Great Axe? Seems to go good with Barbarians.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post
    How about a Great Axe? Seems to go good with Barbarians.
    Only works on wooden weapons, and is typically used on Q-staffs. You get the best effect on 2-handed weapons. I figure people tend to forget about the Greatclub, which is wooden, and has bigger dice than the Q-staff.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adelair View Post
    Only works on wooden weapons, and is typically used on Q-staffs. You get the best effect on 2-handed weapons. I figure people tend to forget about the Greatclub, which is wooden, and has bigger dice than the Q-staff.
    Shillelagh adds 1[W] to Quarterstaves, and .5[W] to other weapons, so the difference isn't as huge as you might expect. The greatclub is certainly ahead a bit, 1 to 1.5 damage, however that is figured/rounded, but not ahead by as much as you'd expect if they both got 1[W] (that'd be closer to 4 dmg in favor of the greatclub). Of course each 1[W] on each puts the greatclub another 1 to 1.5 damage ahead, so it'll add up a little.