Hybrid View

Default THF, Glancing Blows, Cleaves, Doublestrike and Smites - help wanted

Most of my toons are TWF toons, so I'm kind of oblivious in regards to the mechanics of the THF related abilities and how they interact with each other. In the following, there are a few questions which I couldn't find an answer for in the wiki, or want to make sure it's still recent.

For all questions, I'm thinking of using a Quarterstaff while centered, if this is of any importance.

1. Do Glancing Blows trigger at the 1st and 4th attack of the attack chain, i.e. in 50% of all the attacks if the chain is uninterrupted while standing still?
    2. Do Glancing Blows have the ability to become crits (with a reduced total damage)?
    3. Can a Cleave or Great Cleave with a Qstaff produce Glancing Blows on the Targets?
    4. Will extra attacks from doublestrike proc glancing blows?
    5. Will a glancing Blow have a chance to proc a doublestrike?
    6. Will (Great) Cleaves proc doublestrikes?
    7. Can a Smite (Paladin ability) proc a Glancing Blow?
    8. Can a Smit proc a Doublestrike for a doublesmite? (I think this is the case.)

Thanks for your help.

My impressions so far:
    1. Yes.
    2. ?
    3. No.
    4. ?
    5. ?
    6. No.
    7. Yes. It's pretty possible that this glancing blow will get extra damage from Smiting.
    8. Yes.
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 08-24-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

There was a thread a while back on this, I think, and a ddocast on doublestrike. In any event, to the best of my knowledge the answer to 3 and 6 (cleaves/great cleaves producing doublestrike) is no. However, smites can proc doublestrikes (question 8). I think the rule is something like any attack that doesn't interrupt the basic chain of attacks can proc a doublestrike.

Thanks for providing an answer to #6.
    #3, however, is not concerned with doublestrike.
    I tested a bit and it looks like the answer to #7 is yes.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.