Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 92

Thread: Beguile

  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,747

    Default Beguile

    It seems more than a bit off-balance when a Tier 1 enhancement can turn the boss of the highest-level raid in the game into something of a joke.

  2. #2
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Explain.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Beguile applies a -2% penalty to movement and attack speed with each attack that hits(stacking 25 times) what this does in game play is freeze the boss in place. I doubt it is working as intended but sure made it easy for someone with it to solo the dragons in tor at any difficulty, while the rest of us beat on the giant.
    I would expect it to be adjusted soon. Till then i would imagine it is the new broken combo.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,645

    Default

    Fight club
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  5. #5
    Community Member crazedmonki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Under a rock
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Fight club
    exactly this is why we cant have nice things... OR Owl Bears

  6. #6
    Community Member djl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedmonki View Post
    exactly this is why we cant have nice things... OR Owl Bears

  7. #7
    The Hatchery
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Fight club
    git gud

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Fight club
    Hey I mentioned it on the Lama forums way back at the start of free preview...they had plenty of chance to fix it, if they were gonna

    It is crazy good...especially considering 1 Dru splash also gives you access to Emp Heal, Ram's Might, Shillelagh for Qstavers, Magical Training, etc.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    I posted this rather than bug report it because I had someone tell me yesterday in-game that a DDO rep had said it was WAI. I didn't have any reason to doubt his claim. If it's true, it strikes me as odd because normally any effect that debilitating would not work on a red or purple name.

    For the sake of game balance it needs to be adjusted.. a lot.

  10. #10
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    I didn't have any reason to doubt his claim.
    That it doesn't seem logical would make me doubt the DDO rep. Just going off past history with DMs, I know that some of Turbine's employees are clueless when it comes to this game.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  11. #11
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    I posted this rather than bug report it because I had someone tell me yesterday in-game that a DDO rep had said it was WAI. I didn't have any reason to doubt his claim. If it's true, it strikes me as odd because normally any effect that debilitating would not work on a red or purple name.

    For the sake of game balance it needs to be adjusted.. a lot.
    If its working as you say it does on boss than it will be fixed. Anything that benefits the players gets fixed. It just might take next patch or next 20 patches. We never know.

  12. #12
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arleanna View Post
    Beguile applies a -2% penalty to movement and attack speed with each attack that hits(stacking 25 times) what this does in game play is freeze the boss in place. I doubt it is working as intended but sure made it easy for someone with it to solo the dragons in tor at any difficulty, while the rest of us beat on the giant.
    I would expect it to be adjusted soon. Till then i would imagine it is the new broken combo.
    So 50% penalty to attack speed, that is worth exploiting

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Anything that benefits the players gets fixed. It just might take next patch or next 20 patches. We never know.
    That's a bit cynical, is it not?

    Can anyone really make a reasonable argument that any ability in the game should be able to reduce a raid boss to a barely-moving slug, much less an ability anyone can get with a level 1 splash?

  14. #14
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    That's a bit cynical, is it not?

    Can anyone really make a reasonable argument that any ability in the game should be able to reduce a raid boss to a barely-moving slug, much less an ability anyone can get with a level 1 splash?
    yet quests and 20th rewards will be broken for 6 months.

  15. #15
    Community Member Sokól's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    580

    Default

    I like it but the season herald is really bugged imo...
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Can anyone really make a reasonable argument that any ability in the game should be able to reduce a raid boss to a barely-moving slug, much less an ability anyone can get with a level 1 splash?
    That sounds surprisingly similar to Dungeon Alert...And yet DA sticks around while you obviously think beguile should change.

    Edit: in fact, i think we should petition for beguile to be renamed as Player Alert.
    Recently completed a very slow Completionist adventure, playing each class until I was bored. My son (Henry) randomly picked the next class from the ones I hadn't done yet.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    I'm not a fan of DA but they really have nothing to do with each other at all.

    I don't like mechanisms that make the game too hard, nor those that make it too easy. And this makes it too easy.

  18. #18
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    It should either be:

    1) 1% per stack, up to 15 times
    2) 2% per stack, up to 10 stacks

    -15 or 20% movement speed is reasonable. Make it less and it's not worth taking it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

    *maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

  19. #19

    Default

    Someone indicated that things that are "good" for the players are fixed, while similar things in favor of enemies stay around. DA and Beguile are fairly similar effects. DA has been around for years despite player complaints. Beguile is apparently too powerful for you. I was mostly pointing out how the statement you mocked is generally correct. Cynical it may be, but it is usually true for ddo.

    Edit: to clarify, I'm certain that beguile will be changed in the near future, and it probably is deserved. It's just frustrating that player annoyances linger for years while things like this warrant multiple hotfixes the week of the release. Edit2: ESPECIALLY since it was apprarently reported on lama.
    Last edited by vyvy3369; 08-24-2013 at 05:33 PM.
    Recently completed a very slow Completionist adventure, playing each class until I was bored. My son (Henry) randomly picked the next class from the ones I hadn't done yet.

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Beguile has to be bugged.

    There is no way that the results are simply a -50 percent to attack speed.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload