Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 85 of 85

Thread: Melee Sorcerer

  1. #81
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Yeah, reading is pretty hard, as is comprehending.
    A sorc can 40's, let's say 49. That's still as useless as 10 reflex as far as EE is concerned
    Better off saving the gear.
    Or, of course, splashing paladin and hitting 69 reflex. Always fun.
    Wow you must of never played EE. The blue room in Tor on EE doesn't take more than 47. But I grow tired of arguing with fools.

  2. #82
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post
    Wow you must of never played EE. The blue room in Tor on EE doesn't take more than 47. But I grow tired of arguing with fools.
    Yay, I'm more than one of these?

    Still, I don't really bother with Tor anymore. Y'know, due to power creep, shadowfail is better to play.

  3. #83
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post
    Wow you must of never played EE. The blue room in Tor on EE doesn't take more than 47. But I grow tired of arguing with fools.
    Not only is Gianthold no longer end game but the trap DCs it had were never really all that impressive on Epic. Just as an example, I was testing out my reflex saves and failed to a trap in Chains of Flame despite rolling a 12 (+60) for my Reflex save.

    Honestly the only fool I see here is someone who is making statements without any experience to back them up. Melee Sorcerer is not the most ideal build but it certainly is very doable and has been for a long time. Epic Destinies further added the ability to deal acceptable damage.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 09-19-2013 at 04:16 AM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  4. #84
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Not only is Gianthold no longer end game but the trap DCs it had were never really all that impressive on Epic. Just as an example, I was testing out my reflex saves and failed to a trap in Chains of Flame despite rolling a 12 (+60) for my Reflex save.

    Honestly the only fool I see here is someone who is making statements without any experience to back them up. Melee Sorcerer is not the most ideal build but it certainly is very doable and has been for a long time. Epic Destinies further added the ability to deal acceptable damage.
    Don't really care about the rest of your argument, but "Chains of Flames" isn't a GH quest... Also, Your save is still a 72 there effectively. Hardly "unimpressive" when most people are walking around with mid to high 40's for saves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledtyrant View Post
    Cleaves don't use both weapons You use an attack at +1 die and you get the same as you would from just meleeing except you do the attack slower and you miss out on any offhand procs. You do the attack at +2 die and you do 1 die extra but you do the attack slower and you lose out on off hand attacks. If cleave was 3 attack die or more I could see it not being a loss just like how bleed them out is not a loss because 3[w] +1 = 4 die which is going to beat any two weapon scenario by 2 x damage.
    You're still ignoring AOE damage here. You don't get the same as you would from your regular attack animation because instead of hitting only one enemy, your attack hits every enemy in front of you; Great cleave hits almost every mob around you.

    So if you chain cleaves into your attack animation routine when surrounded(Or near) a large number of mobs all the other mobs take damage while you focus on one. This gains you DPS, and saves you time because when you move on from one mob to the next, each consecutive mob has less and less HP than the one before. So where the first mob may have taken 6 attacks to kill, the last one may only take 1 attack, or may simply die before you ever get to it.

    What you're saying has merit on paper, but in actual play things aren't so simple.

    +1[W]/+2[W] =/= regular attack animation for single target DPS.
    +1[W]/+2[W] > regular attack chain animation for AOE DPS.
    AOE DPS > single target DPS 90% of the time.

    Think of it this way, your regular attack animation allows you to attack and damage 1 target at a time.
    Cleaves, while making you lose DPS on that one target allow you to get a single attack off on each mob around you.

    1 Attack on one mob =/= 1 Attack on several mobs DPS wise.

    This also means that if you're using any sort of CC weapon, like paralyzing for instance, that when you cleave that has a chance to apply to all the enemies around you. Against the right mobs this effectively gives you as good CC as a dancing ball would. Something a Melee Caster usually lacks is reliable CC because the lack of both Spell DC's and the lack of tactical Feat DC's. This doesn't close that gap entirely, but it helps to some extent.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  5. #85
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Don't really care about the rest of your argument, but "Chains of Flames" isn't a GH quest... Also, Your save is still a 72 there effectively. Hardly "unimpressive" when most people are walking around with mid to high 40's for saves.
    I never stated it was. I gave "Chains of Flame" as an example of content other than Gianthold that requires high saves. Epic Gianthold, contrary to the fact that it was end game for a while, is actually easier than Heroic Gianthold in the sense that gearing options by that point are usually far more flexible. Though the changes to randomly generated loot has changed that somewhat.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload