Community Member

Default combat archery: are bows still bugged?

I'm hoping a Developer can answer this, in the past the combat archery feat has not benefitted short or long bows. Has this been fixed in the new update?

Simple question, hoping to get straight answer.

thx

Community Member

Angry

They don't care and have not done anything since day zero.

The devs should just remove it because it is just a trap.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo_lol View Post
    They don't care and have not done anything since day zero.

The devs should just remove it because it is just a trap.
    What do you mean "it is just a trap" ?

don't follow

Quote Originally Posted by trapbait View Post
    What do you mean "it is just a trap" ?
    It is a trap in the same sense that the pre-made paths for classes are traps. It is given the appearance that it is useful, but in fact it is worthless. It would be like taking a pit and covering it with leaves to give someone the impression it is safe to stand on.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    It is a trap in the same sense that the pre-made paths for classes are traps. It is given the appearance that it is useful, but in fact it is worthless. It would be like taking a pit and covering it with leaves to give someone the impression it is safe to stand on.
    Man, the turbine hate is reeeeeeeeeeeeeally a pain in the ass. Makes it almost impossible to get anything done. I just put up a simple question about a know bug, instead of getting some helpful feedback. The result? screwed both ways.....

Way one: Every guy out there with a hard-on for bagging turbin/wb/ etc...... jumps at the chance to bang on and on about Turbine blah blah

Way two: The Devs/turbine wont confirm or deny squat about any bug for fear of throwing more chum in the water and heaven forbid acknowledging a flaw

Just sucks

Community Member

Oh, and by the way, the feat may not work for Bows but it does work for xbows, and thrown so its not a "trap"

Sure it sucks if they haven't fixed the Bow problem but its hardly a "trap"

Offered in the sense of balance.

Man, the turbine hate is reeeeeeeeeeeeeally a pain in the ass.
    It wasn't Turbine hate, it was an attempt to explain why it is a trap. The pre-made paths, regardless of how you wish to view Turbine, are very suboptimal builds. Old players know to avoid them. New players do not. Turbine should know by now, especially after community feedback was asked and received, that these builds are worthless. Leaving them in-game is similar to leaving a trap for new players.

The situation is very similar with Combat Archery. Turbine has known for a while now that this feat was bugged but have neglected to fix it. In that sense it is a trap left by Turbine.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 08-24-2013 at 12:08 AM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

I'm hoping a Developer can answer this, in the past the combat archery feat has not benefitted short or long bows. Has this been fixed in the new update?
    I tested the day U19 come live. Combat Archery is still bugged for the damage part of the feat. The Dodge part is working.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    I tested the day U19 come live. Combat Archery is still bugged for the damage part of the feat. The Dodge part is working.
    Did you test it with a xbow mate?

here is hoping

Community Member

here is hoping
    It works with crossbows (at least heavy repeating)
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

here is hoping
    No, longbow and shortbow.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Simple question, hoping to get straight answer.

thx
    argh... it is a trap. i took hat feat.... sigh. more plat to change another feat...

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    When did they fix that? Last I checked 6ish months ago it wasn't.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    This is the first I've heard of this. Where was this tested/confirmed? I'd greatly appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction to the confirmation of this fix. Thanks in advance.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    It wasn't Turbine hate, it was an attempt to explain why it is a trap. The pre-made paths, regardless of how you wish to view Turbine, are very suboptimal builds. Old players know to avoid them. New players do not. Turbine should know by now, especially after community feedback was asked and received, that these builds are worthless. Leaving them in-game is similar to leaving a trap for new players.

The situation is very similar with Combat Archery. Turbine has known for a while now that this feat was bugged but have neglected to fix it. In that sense it is a trap left by Turbine.
    I agree that the premade paths are sub optimal compared to the builds that experienced players would make. I'm highly skeptical that they are inferior to the builds that new players would make on their own. Remember, the majority of players don't ever visit the forums, and from what i have seen, most of the build advice on the wiki is at least as bad as any path.