Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Throw a bone to the premium players

If your VIP you can open dungeons on elete...that's fine

If your F2P then your stuck with normal

I think it would be fair to allow premium players to open dungeons on hard.

But that is just me
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

Just get a legend life toon, not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post

But that is just me
    As much as I would like to see that as a Premium myself... I don't think it is "fair".

The VIP pay each month to get "extra" things that F2P and Premium don't get; in other words they PAY for it. However we premiums paid for a specific thing and we got what we paid for; that is it. On the other hand, we do get a few bonuses (that we didn't pay for) like extra 2 character slots and what not.

The way I see it, it is like going to the grocery's store to buy tomatoes and asking the guy to throw in a couple of oranges on top for free because you have paid for the tomatoes (or because you are a regular customer).

Just my own opinion.
    I am the architect of my own destruction...

How to Group With Clerics

Community Member

But that is just me
    I don't know. I'm a VIP player and I don't personally care if they give you this. Fine with me if they do.

Community Member

Dont quote me on this, but I think you can buy the ability to open on elite with TP. Not entirely sure though.

And yes, on second life, you get the ability to open on hard, and third life to open on elite.

I did my first two lives as premium, and never had a problem getting into quests on elite. Most LFMs are for elite, at least on thelanis, and when I wanted to start my own, I'd just add "Need elite opener"to the list. Never had a problem.

Of course if you like to solo, that could be problematic. As a VIP, Id have no problem if turbine allowed premium to open any difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by skaught78 View Post
    Dont quote me on this, but I think you can buy the ability to open on elite with TP. Not entirely sure though.
    Yup you can buy a key from the store to unlock elite and there is a similar key for Hard. I think the hard is around 15 TP and the elite is around 35-45, I don't remember. But I am sure both exist.
    I am the architect of my own destruction...

How to Group With Clerics

VIP is a different payment model from Premium. Premium allows you to pay once to gain lifetime access to content whereas VIP requires monthly payments. How is it fair to take the benefits from the more expensive model and give them to the cheaper model? If you wanted the benefits it had, you should have gone with that payment model.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Thumbs down No Thanks!

But that is just me
    I'm a premium player and don't want to see this.

VIP subscriptions are what provides the steady revenue stream that fuels the game.

Erosion of VIP relative benefits seems to me counterproductive for premium players.

If I want VIP benefits I'll go VIP.

Til then, having to run a quest on normal before opening hard is a small price to pay.

/not signed

If they sold global, account-wide, hard/elite unlocks in the store, I wouldn't grumble.

I probably wouldn't buy 'em, but I wouldn't grumble either.

Unneeded especially considering it is one of the very few marginal benefits vip's get. Vip's don't need proxy nerfs, if anything vips need to be buffed and I'm a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    VIP subscriptions are what provides the steady revenue stream that fuels the game.
    Without facts from Turbine this is little more than an assumption. I know I personally spend more than $15/month in the DDO Store.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Without facts from Turbine this is little more than an assumption. I know I personally spend more than $15/month in the DDO Store.
    I'm VIP and in the past month have spent 75$ on points to unlock things such as epic destinies, MOTU, and my oh so lovely cosmetic stuff.

I don't think I'm the only VIP person that also buys points is my... point. So it isn't just 15$/month for me anyway
    Server: Khyber
    Completionist!
    Pyrerose, the Mother of Life
    Life #26: Honey I Shrunk the Warlock - Pure 20 Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoscheerio View Post
    I don't think I'm the only VIP person that also buys points is my... point.
    My point is that without actual statistics from Turbine we cannot make statements such as the one Hawkwier made. I personally feel that both payment models are required for DDO to continue to exist and without one or the other the game would probably die. My basis for this statement is the fact that DDO stopped receiving content when it was purely VIP.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

I don't disagree with your suggestion but I would even be willing to purchase the Elite unlocks if they sold them in larger batches so that we could get an additional discount.

Even if they are offered on sale they are still quite expensive just to unlock elite, especially considering finding someone to unlock is mostly a minor inconvenience.

I thought the reason they sold them individually was because they do not stack but after researching they do, in fact, stack but we are still forced to purchase them individually.

I think a 15-20% discount on buying a large stack of them would be fair.

Community Member

Because first and second lives really need to farm elite BB to be able to complete the game.

Community Member

Default /NOT signed

We don't need it. It is too easy to join an elite run. It is too easy to level a first-life to cap and TR. (With respect to opening higher diffs.)

Tbh, what is really needed is an Eberron update that adds content, so the VIP's can stop feeling like they are getting burned.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Tbh, what is really needed is an Eberron update that adds content, so the VIP's can stop feeling like they are getting burned.
    Yes, give me more content. More! (preferably around level 14-15 on heroic)

I am premium and I say no to this.

Granted I would really REALLY like it, but honestly if I could open on hard from the get go then I honestly would never look @ going back to VIP.

Run speed in town (meh)
    Transport to and from FR and Eberron (sorry it's faster to just run)
    10% XP bonus (this is decent, but not critical there is lots of XP in the game though it means more with the farming penalties now)
    Open on any difficulty (this is the bomb).

So realistically you have 2 things that might tempt me to subscribe, and the being stuck on normal is a big one of them for me. I was actually VERY close to signing up for a year but when this "expansion" dropped I took a look and thought ... yeah, um no. The fact that this should have been free content for VIP's (in my opinion) but they have to pay the exact same as I would was a HUGE roadblock on that track. In fact I never bought the expansion at all.

Anyway back off that tangent, I say no to the idea because it would nerf one of the very largest, perhaps most important, bonus for being VIP.

Talking Aye, OK

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    My point is that without actual statistics from Turbine we cannot make statements such as the one Hawkwier made. I personally feel that both payment models are required for DDO to continue to exist and without one or the other the game would probably die. My basis for this statement is the fact that DDO stopped receiving content when it was purely VIP.
    Yet you can, apparently, feel it quite appropriate to make statements like that without knowing in the slightest what information, knowledge, and experience of such matters I may posess?

Seems bit ironic, no?

Community Member Avenging_Angel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vallar View Post
    As much as I would like to see that as a Premium myself... I don't think it is "fair".

The VIP pay each month to get "extra" things that F2P and Premium don't get; in other words they PAY for it. However we premiums paid for a specific thing and we got what we paid for; that is it. On the other hand, we do get a few bonuses (that we didn't pay for) like extra 2 character slots and what not.
    Pretty much this. This is one of the threads that tend to pop up once in a while (and by once in a while, I mean more than necessary).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    No matter what you post, there is always someone who responds with something like "Unless you are gimped, you should be able to do this with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back." It gets a little tiresome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast