Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    I really can't see a downside on this...
    When I was playing w/ this, I didn't think I could get the Ref ST for the Crucible swim to no-fail, but that is a stated secondary purpose for the OP's build. You need the Ref ST bonus from Ninja for that. :/

But, as a pure challenge runner - a'yup!

If we have any racial AP's to spend then it gets even better
    If(?!) you wanted to grind out 3 RR's for this, you could go Human to also grab +1 Wisdom. Seems a bit overkill, all things considered, but...

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    When I was playing w/ this, I didn't think I could get the Ref ST for the Crucible swim to no-fail, but that is a stated secondary purpose for the OP's build. You need the Ref ST bonus from Ninja for that. :/

But, as a pure challenge runner - a'yup!
    My farmer isn't built for the swim in Crucible at all so I don't have to worry about that but as it stands with just GH my guy has a Reflex save of +39 so even on a 1 is 40 which is enough without item swaps (though a 1 still fails?). That is without a Chaos Robe or Save Boost or anything

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    If(?!) you wanted to grind out 3 RR's for this, you could go Human to also grab +1 Wisdom. Seems a bit overkill, all things considered, but...
    Nope! I got a 1 AP racial tome from one of the expansions and a 1 AP universal tree tome too both of which make a big difference If you wanted to do racial on top of that then that is just nuts! Heck 3 regular lives is bad enough xD

Something I have just noticed is that tomes can go all the way up to +6 for stats for level 15 that's nuts! My farmer has +4's in everything currently.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Stoner81.
    Really liking this, vaguely planning a 15 Monk/1 Fighter version with Whirlwind Attack and may work towards this if it still overperforms with wraps

I don't see much use for Dismissing Strike and Ki Shout (I believe this is still bugged to use Intim anyways?) so you could shift those ap into hp/defensives perhaps

EDIT - I particularly love the Teleport pickup here, can't stand scrolling that myself so good to see it included here.

Just have to consider if dropping one more Monk level for a rogue splash for Open Lock is worth losing Quivering and a movespeed bonus
    Last edited by Kyodaemon; 08-18-2019 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodaemon View Post
    Really liking this, vaguely planning a 15 Monk/1 Fighter version with Whirlwind Attack and may work towards this if it still overperforms with wraps

I don't see much use for Dismissing Strike and Ki Shout (I believe this is still bugged to use Intim anyways?) so you could shift those ap into hp/defensives perhaps

EDIT - I particularly love the Teleport pickup here, can't stand scrolling that myself so good to see it included here.

Just have to consider if dropping one more Monk level for a rogue splash for Open Lock is worth losing Quivering and a movespeed bonus
    Dismissing Strike and Ki Shout are both very very good! DS works on tons of things like all elementals in mansion runs as well as mephits. Ki Shout is superb in lava caves and planar palace for grabbing aggro of bosses off of the kobolds.

Quivering Palm is, to be frank, shockingly bad most of the time in my experience now. However, you lose more than just that. You would also lose adamantine bypass, +1 die step and the increased run speed which is quite a loss. Add to that no extra INT points at creation makes skills tight to say the least but we would only need Concentration, Heal, Jump, Open Lock and UMD at a push so with INT tomes and skill tomes it might work.

Having just said all of that though Whirlwind Attack needs Combat Expertise which requires 13 INT so you could drop all the points out of STR to make it work? 14 INT base would boost skills up no end which would solve the afore mentioned issues

Hmmmm....

Stoner81.

Community Member

DS works on tons of things like all elementals in mansion runs as well as mephits. Ki Shout is superb

Quivering Palm is, to be frank, shockingly bad most of the time in my experience now.
    You would also lose adamantine bypass, +1 die step and the increased run speed which is quite a loss.
    The skills aren't an issue at all after pushing Int up to 14 starting ( there's a linked WWA build earlier in the thread from when I first was looking into this that ESD so kindly threw together)

Dropping STR to 8 and going 15 Dex/14 con/14 int/18 Wis seemed the best thing I had, running similar enhancements to yours.

All good points I quoted above, although Ki Shout has never worked well for me and I thought was bugged to use Intimidate instead of Concentration anyways?!
    Dismissing I probably undervalue as I never used it much, good to know it's worth it though, I shall look again thanks!

Tbh most stuff died to the damage ESD's original build could put out so I don't see Quivering to be worth worrying about although the Adamantine bypass and speed are concerning!

If I remember right they adjusted Monk die step progression anyways? I don't think I would lose anything going from 15->14 Monk levels in terms of damage here

EDIT - Just seen you were able to spare the points for Conditioning because of your Racial+Universal tomes! That's a nice perk for this build
    Last edited by Kyodaemon; 08-18-2019 at 08:41 PM.

The skills aren't an issue at all after pushing Int up to 14 starting ( there's a linked WWA build earlier in the thread from when I first was looking into this that ESD so kindly threw together)

Dropping STR to 8 and going 15 Dex/14 con/14 int/18 Wis seemed the best thing I had, running similar enhancements to yours.

All good points I quoted above, although Ki Shout has never worked well for me and I thought was bugged to use Intimidate instead of Concentration anyways?!
    Dismissing I probably undervalue as I never used it much, good to know it's worth it though, I shall look again thanks!
    As far as I know Ki Shout works as it should do but I could well be wrong. Dropping STR to 8 is going to suck for early leveling but other than that it shouldn't be to bad I think.

Tbh most stuff died to the damage ESD's original build could put out so I don't see Quivering to be worth worrying about although the Adamantine bypass and speed are concerning!
    Yeah Adamantine is a huge deal in Extraplanar Palace due to the Animated Armour's in there which all have DR/Adamantine. Fast Movement wouldn't be affected I think since it states it's gained every 3 levels so level 15 Monk would leave 1 for Rogue. So the obvious solution would be to get another set of wraps to Adamantine DR bypass and call it a day there, then it should all work together.

If I remember right they adjusted Monk die step progression anyways? I don't think I would lose anything going from 15->14 Monk levels in terms of damage here
    Yeah I think we lose 0.5[W] now but I have no idea how much of a big deal that is.

EDIT - Just seen you were able to spare the points for Conditioning because of your Racial+Universal tomes! That's a nice perk for this build
    Very much so, I have only lost about 13HP ish compared to previously.

Stoner81.

Community Member

level 15 Monk would leave 1 for Rogue.

Sadly cannot do that split without dropping GTWF which requires the Fighter level at 16

EDIT#1 - ref Open Lock Rogue splash - I will sync this up with my 21 Farmer though I think.

So if one build can't do locks, neither will Then it won't feel so bad swapping to the one that can't

EDIT#2 ref Monk die step

we are changing the innate Unarmed Strike feat that Monks get every 4 levels to grant +1 to Attack while using Handwraps instead of 0.5[w].
    This reduction (a total of 2.5[w] for pure Monks) brings Unarmed Monks much closer to other High-DPS Melee builds of similar gear.

If i'm reading this correctly, Monk levels are no longer increasing unarmed damage steps at all
    Last edited by Kyodaemon; 08-19-2019 at 01:06 AM.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122