Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Unhappy New sound effects are terrible

please turbine,at least make the new trap disable/ransack/aggression sounds optional! hearing a crazy loud lion roar when i hit ransack or whatever is really immersion breaking,and i dont need tohear the great grandfather clock in the sky everytime a trap is disabled,these effects really blow the immersion and part of the fun of the game for myself and many others it seems. PLEASE add an option to disable these,thanks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khanan View Post
    please turbine,at least make the new trap disable/ransack/aggression sounds optional! hearing a crazy loud lion roar when i hit ransack or whatever is really immersion breaking,and i dont need tohear the great grandfather clock in the sky everytime a trap is disabled,these effects really blow the immersion and part of the fun of the game for myself and many others it seems. PLEASE add an option to disable these,thanks.
    I don't mind them at all but fair enough they should be optional so people who dont like them can turn them off.

Hah. So that's what those sounds are. I thought it was something coming through somebody's microphone.

I don't mind them, but they are a little too loud.

Community Member

Oh lol, ya they are annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitering View Post
    Oh lol, ya they are annoying.
    i just wish my sound setting did something with them. WAYYY TOO LOUD. glad i dont have ear buds in or snything like that. darn interns

Community Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Khanan View Post
    1) They are too loud when you are right beside the place where it takes.

2) There doesn't appear to be any environmental affect applied to them that reduces it's volume when you are further away.

3) For the most part they suck

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo_lol View Post
    1) They are too loud when you are right beside the place where it takes.

2) There doesn't appear to be any environmental affect applied to them that reduces it's volume when you are further away.

3) For the most part they suck
    This.

I just pulled down all the way the slider for them so that they wouldn't annoy me anymore. The sad part is that by doing that I've disabled other sound effects that were useful.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

wow.
    really u guyz?

i love them.
    its nice getting a sound cue to know when you've reached something instead of having to look.

--& are they really THAT bad?
    so bad that u trolls have to b so demeaning to peeps?

whtvr

/not signed.
    TKSK - Thelanis ("Best Server" -NyTimes).

Quote Originally Posted by Kawai View Post
    wow.
    really u guyz?

i love them.
    its nice getting a sound cue to know when you've reached something instead of having to look.
    I find the sounds annoying. It wasn't hard before to check things like Conquest and Ransack XP bonuses near the end of a quest. Now, and this may just be me, but I feel compelled to press X to check what exactly the sound signifies every time I hear it. I'm hoping I can force myself just to ignore the sounds and go back to checking XP bonuses myself.

I like the idea of making these sounds an option that can be turned off.

Would anyone else like to see "Conquest" or "Ingenious Trap Debilitation" appear as a brief text message on the screen in addition to these new sounds?
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Community Member

I like 'em.
    Would be nice to have either a toggle or slider to shut off completely or adjust the volume.

Sound notifications should definitely be an optional toggle.

I, personally, like them... but I am still trying to figure out what most of them mean. Frankly I would have implemented them as an optional with Video cues, Audio cues, Audio & Video cues, or disabled.

Regarding volume... sound control has been a game issue since day one. Does anyone have any volume slider, other than chat, above 15 percent?
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

They annoyed the hell outta me until I made the connection between Ransack/Conquest tiers & the noise.
    Now they just bug me more often then not. IMHO, they break immersion, just (seemingly) random sound effects.

Then again, I also think that DDO's sound engineers have been doing a less then stellar job over the past 24 months or so. More missteps then winners, when it comes to new sounds - case in point, many of the new Race voices I find cringe-worthy. And this game has always had a huge deficit when it comes to options for sound effects since launch.

Meh, I'd be more upset if I expected more.

The only annoying part, for me, is there is no way to turn them down.
    They drown out what party members are saying even when i have party chat at 1.0 and rest at 0.05 or less.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

Until i realized what they were, they were confusing. Now i kinda like them. But there should be a way to turn them off/down for those that dont like them.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Founder

First, yes: volume control!

Second: I don't understand why Turbine introduces new stuff like this and there is no explanation. Only 5% of players read the forums, how many of the 95% have any idea what these new noises mean?

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    Sound notifications should definitely be an optional toggle.

I, personally, like them... but I am still trying to figure out what most of them mean. Frankly I would have implemented them as an optional with Video cues, Audio cues, Audio & Video cues, or disabled.

Regarding volume... sound control has been a game issue since day one. Does anyone have any volume slider, other than chat, above 15 percent?

mmmm...nope

as for the sounds... the roaring sounds are for kills (conquest etc). there's a explosion/smashing sound for breakables (ransack etc), and a clockwork ticking kinda sound for disabling traps (ingeneous debilitation). not sure what sound (if any) for vigilant sight bonus (finding hidden doors)

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post

not sure what sound (if any) for vigilant sight bonus (finding hidden doors)
    There is a sound... but until your post, I didn't realize all the other sounds were different, so I'm not sure how to describe it. :P

I like the sounds- agree though that they should be optional or have a volume slider.

I'd rather do away with these new sound effects.

The Hatchery

The little "click" when disabling something was just fine.

Now there's an added "WOOOSH CLICK CLICK" and it sounds completely out of place (and too loud) for DDO.

It's like it's a totally different sound guy made these, and they never played DDO or studied what sounds are already in game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast