Default Arcane Archer - for Elf?

(Since I am having trouble with forum search today . . .)

I have an Arcane Archer on the roster. When I tried to re-manage the enhancements, I found that I could not take most of the AA line because of the Ranger level restriction. The character got into AA through Elf race, and was mostly a Kensai Fighter, with a splash of ranger and bard.

The description of Elven AA states AA uses Elf level instead of Ranger level, but at a slower rate, yet I don't see it using Elf level at all.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there some sort of work-around or perhaps did I do something wrong?

TIA
    Been playing off and on since Beta
    currently: *Weekly* DDO hours played: 6-10
    on Thelanis
    between 5 actively played characters

It is two separate trees. You have to take out the ranger AA tree, and put in the Elf AA tree.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

ahAAA!

Thanks - and I should have thought to look for that . . . ah well.
    on Thelanis

Uhm - now that I am home and can try this out - I don't see how to do it. I have removed the Ranger AA tree, gotten the Elf AA enhancement, but I see no Elf AA selection in the enhancement listing.

Am I missing something?
    on Thelanis

Have you just selected the Arcane Archer option in the elf tree or have you actually taken it? Until you select it and click on "accept" the Arcane Archer(elf) option won't be available. Once you have selected and accepted it from the elf tree, it should be in the drop down menu as long as the Arcane Archer(Rng) isn't already in one.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Once you take the elf AA enhancement from the elf racial tree. Hit accept. A brand new PRE tree - not the ranger one - will magically pop up in the far far right enhancement window if you scroll right.

If all 6 of your enhancement windows are already filled you'll have to unset one of them (an usused one) first and then select the Elf-AA tree. Though it's a clone of the ranger-AA tree... it's also a totally separate tree. It was a little buggy when I first did it. Also make sure to empty (reset) your ranger AA tree first. I had problems just resetting it once the elf AA tree was up. It was all a little buggy even on the live release and might require an all tree reset if it get's into a bad place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Forgot to reply to say that that was the problem. I need to "accept" it first, then I could access the tree, and spend the rest of my points.
    on Thelanis