2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

Default Cannith Challenge Items, masterful craftmanship, minimum levels, durability/hardness

OK - so I give the xpax a 90% success. Abbot broken (again - to be expected) - mac login issue - a couple new exploits; but all-in-all very few bugs.

However, some things I am irate about. Changing ml of existing named items without even so much as a whisper in the release notes - just *wham-bam-thank....*

I will live with that - and the horrible in-game support given to that and the following issue:

Cannith challenge gear - tier 3 with masterful craftmanship I - working EXACTLY the way it is intended (lowering minimum level by 2) - then the masterful craftmanship failing -

so one does what you would expect - take the item and clean it - and reapply MCI - only to find it doesn't work all the time - but when it does - you find the item is ruined because the hardness and durability is totally wanked down to the NML ring level.

Plus the stated and actual values for dodge, and lore are completely wrong. it is like the dev's completely spaced these highly popular items during the updating process.

Bug report filed, (reported in lamda also)

Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

Any word on a fix for the messed up cannith gear with masterful craftsmenship, i would like all of my level 16 cannith gear to return to its minimum level 14 status!!!
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 63, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc Epic TR 2nd Life Level 9, Repentnarc 16, Gatlingnarc 15, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

no. and now all the lore is scrambled AGAIN - so when I went to inspect the tier 1 lv16 bracers of wind it had fire lore on it... and similar to the cloak.... just pulled these out of the bank.

just read patch notes <----- nothing here about fixing them.

Been known since early closed Beta.... can't be that hard to fix!

and nothing in known issues list. Been bug reported by many.

I just discovered that Masterful Craftsmanship no longer lowers the min. level of Challenge gear. Do we know if this is a bug or WAI?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    I just discovered that Masterful Craftsmanship no longer lowers the min. level of Challenge gear. Do we know if this is a bug or WAI?
    Well it seems that now the min level on the cannith Item is an absolute min level
    Here are the result i have since U19

ML8 Cannith Item tier 3 => min level 8
    ML8 Cannith Item tier 3 + masterful craftmanship=> min level 8
    ML8 Cannith Item tier 3 + masterful craftmanship + acid => min level 8 (was already the case in U18)
    ML8 Cannith Item tier 3 + masterful craftmanship + acid + deception => min level 8 (created post U19, normally should be ML10)

So it seems that the ML of cannith crafting is unchanged whatever you place (i will test it soon with ML12 item by adding shard but no masterful shard)

Are we also aware people that a tier 2 item is now bound to character???? this also wasn't mentioned, very very very bad turbine. yet another nurff. more reason why I am letting my vip run out.

Quote Originally Posted by hunzi2010 View Post
    Are we also aware people that a tier 2 item is now bound to character???? this also wasn't mentioned, very very very bad turbine. yet another nurff. more reason why I am letting my vip run out.
    That was already the case before the update. I only crafted the tier 1 level 16 stuff to keep them BtA.
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )