Default I spent over $600usd on this game this year and THIS is the in game CS I get?!

I recently used my +20 LR heart of wood on my lawful good 20 monk. My plan was to make a Monk/Druid/Fighter build and so I bought a tome of Lawful Neutrality on the airship. Turns out you cant use them on the airship! So I of course put in a ticket and surprisingly it doesn't take so long to get a GM response. I am told this is WAI and they are unable to assist me. After MUCH pleading they reset my reincarnate timer and give me a free LR (but I never used my free one, so I bet I got jack squat!!!!). I tell them I need a new +20 LR stone because what good is a free LR if I cant change my levels?! They state they cant help me further and close my ticket.

Turbine= Check my account history. Adding up my ViP status, turbine point purchases, and expansion purchases (PM me for the email i used to buy them, it was several!!!) I have spent well over $600 usd on your game this year alone, and have spent several THOUSAND dollars on DDO since I began in Beta!

If this issue is not resolved QUICKLY I am terminating my ViP status, and you wont get a dime from me ever again! This is HORRIBLE customer service, and I dont pay this much to be given the shaft.

P.S. I asked to speak to a Supervisor before the ticket was closed, and was denied. What is going on?
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Community Member

This is the absolute worst way to try and get assistance. Turbine will never respond to these type of forum threats because of the precedent it would set.

This issue came up on Lam forums. Alignment can only be changed at a tavern. What you are doing can't be done period. The Lr was designed for a +1 and +3 LR and was only extended to help people with the enhancement pass.

With that said, call customer service and/or contact a GM to see if they will give you another LR +20. I assume this is the lowest cost solution to help people that made mistakes and are on the ship in the middle of their mistake. You would need to change to lawful neutral before the ship.

Good luck to you.
    Last edited by unacceptable; 08-23-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    This is the absolute worst way to try and get assistance. Turbine will never respond to these type of forum threats because of the precedent it would set.

This issue came up on Lam forums. Alignment can only be changed at a tavern, but even so you can't do it because it conflicts with classes at future levels. What you are doing can't be done period. The Lr was designed for a +1 and +3 LR and was only extended to help people with the enhancement pass.

With that said, call customer service and/or contact a GM to see if they will give you another LR +20. I assume this is the lowest cost solution to help people that made mistakes and are on the ship in the middle of their mistake.

Good luck to you.
    Thats all I was asking for in the first place, a new LR +20 stone. That way I could take some random levels, leave the boat, go in a tavern and use my tome of Lawful Neutral, and then LR +20 again. Thats all I wanted.

and BTW this isnt a threat, I simply wont pay that kind of money to be treated so poorly. DDO is one of many games out there (and an aging one at that). I assumed they would want to treat there customers better. Honestly it was very unclear that i would not be able to use the tome on that airship, if I had known I would have simply used it before LRing because I was a class (20 monk) that could be lawful neutral anyway.

I have another +5 lesser heart on an alt and believe I can make this work, but once again I want that heart returned.

Cant you use +20LR > talk to the trainer on the boat to get the XP granted > leave boat > use alignment change > go to trainer and take levels?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Cant you use +20LR > talk to the trainer on the boat to get the XP granted > leave boat > use alignment change > go to trainer and take levels?
    Nope. Because exploits.
    If they hotfixed being able to go to the hall of heroes while reincarnating so quickly... Yeah.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Agreed, I did actually suggest that they include a note about alignment restrictions on the Lam forums after making the exact same mistake myself on Lam. I wasn't aware of the Neutral requirement for druids since I never played a druid.

I do they think they should give you a new LR +20, but if not Monks are awesome. Maybe you can find another toon for that build.

Really what they should do is at least sell +20 LR for a limited time (maybe limit x/acct) even if they aren't willing to give them out for free to people that make mistakes.

It's better than losing a customer.

Community Member

gonna post on store forum area and link to this and suggest selling LR +20 for limited time in case people make mistakes.

Maybe it's that English isn't my first language, but I'm unsure as to why how much you've spent would matter at all.

I had the exact same problem occur (I too hadn't read about the inability to alignment change on the ship) and was able to get it rectified immediately by calling support.

I hope you find a resolution to your satisfaction.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    I recently used my +20 LR heart of wood on my lawful good 20 monk. My plan was to make a Monk/Druid/Fighter build and so I bought a tome of Lawful Neutrality on the airship. Turns out you cant use them on the airship! So I of course put in a ticket and surprisingly it doesn't take so long to get a GM response. I am told this is WAI and they are unable to assist me. After MUCH pleading they reset my reincarnate timer and give me a free LR (but I never used my free one, so I bet I got jack squat!!!!). I tell them I need a new +20 LR stone because what good is a free LR if I cant change my levels?! They state they cant help me further and close my ticket.

Turbine= Check my account history. Adding up my ViP status, turbine point purchases, and expansion purchases (PM me for the email i used to buy them, it was several!!!) I have spent well over $600 usd on your game this year alone, and have spent several THOUSAND dollars on DDO since I began in Beta!

If this issue is not resolved QUICKLY I am terminating my ViP status, and you wont get a dime from me ever again! This is HORRIBLE customer service, and I dont pay this much to be given the shaft.

P.S. I asked to speak to a Supervisor before the ticket was closed, and was denied. What is going on?
    bwahahah! You bought that stuff?
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

My plan was to make a Monk/Druid/Fighter build and so I bought a tome of Lawful Neutrality on the airship. Turns out you cant use them on the airship!
    If I recall correctly it actually states you cannot use it outside of a tavern in the store's description of the item. I sympathize with your predicament but proper planning rather than waiting till the last second could have prevented these problems. Also thread such as these will not encourage Turbine to assist you.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 08-23-2013 at 11:58 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Founder

After MUCH pleading they reset my reincarnate timer and give me a free LR (but I never used my free one, so I bet I got jack squat!!!!). I tell them I need a new +20 LR stone because what good is a free LR if I cant change my levels?! They state they cant help me further and close my ticket.

The best way to deal with Account (including Store) and item issues is to create a ticket at Turbine.com or call the Customer Service number. The GMs are EXTREMELY limited in what they can do for you. The GM you got was really good if he gave you a free LR.

As for denied to speak to a Supervisor, hopefully you recorded the CSR name and can file a ticket.