Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
The new loot is really overpowering. I have 27 lives worth of gear, and ended up slotting two new things I pulled while questing for an hour through level 12 quests. That's just insane.
Yeah, I was stunned as to the stuff people were pulling on upper-end heroic content. I believe I saw a +8 stat item in there. We were pretty much all lvl 19s.

1.) This is all a bug and lootgen tables/drop rates are broken. This could be, but we've already seen one hotfix. I would think that would be at the top of their list.
I certainly hope this is the case.

2.) It's an attempt to bring casters and noncasters closer together. While casters got some new prefixes and suffixes, the majority has been a buff to melee.
That would be a HUGE mistake, in my opinion. Parity between melee and casters would undoubtedly favor melee in the end, as they have no SP pool to limit their abilities, they have all sorts of defensive capabilities (AC, PRR, and high HP), and with increased offensive capabilities would push people towards abandoning casters.

3.) DDO is moving away from a loot-centric grind game into something else. I don't know what that something else would be, but this could be a good possibility.
That also would be a huge mistake, in my honest opinion. People want a reward for their hard work and efforts, and they generally look for something more tangible. XP is a rather intangible item. Plus, with a build-centric system like DDO, many builders would simply move on to something else because they don’t have gear they can put into their plans.