You know, I was pretty impressed with the last time the upgraded random loot. I pulled this Scimitar with CON poison and a CON stat damager – it is a lvl 14 BtCoE item, and it is still really useful up at lvl 19. I got a couple of items like that.
But the new stuff? Notsomuch.
I’m having a real love-hate relationship with the new lootgen. There are some things I like, and some stuff I really can’t stand.
1) New augment slot colors. Recently I pulled boots with a green augment slot on them. Very nice.
2) Cursed items. Kinda cool. I can’t say I agree with the implementation, though.
3) New attributes. I like the double-strike attributes. I like Solar.
4) BtCoE still maintained.
5) BtCoE named items – I pulled a very NICE set of boots from a chest yesterday in the High Road heroic (elite boots, I might add). I’m going to give them to my rogue. One of the party members said something like they were drooling over those boots. If I check out my rogue and find that I really can’t use them (I’m a fan of the Cannith boots and use them on all my toons) , I can still find that former party member (I wrote down their name) and give him the boots. Nothing is written in stone.
1) Items with augments drop like candy from the skies. I’m pulling LOTS more items with red and blue augment slots. I thought these were too rare in the past, but now they drop way too frequently. I think it would be better if it was cut back by half.
2) Cursed items. Half of the fun of cursed items is that you shouldn’t know if they are cursed before you either have them identified, or put them on. Yeah, I know they are cursed in one area, and great in another, but somehow that seems to cheapen the whole notion of a curse.
3) Ghostbane – meh. Not sure if this attribute is available at lower levels, but it seems more of a combination of undead bane and ghost touch. There are a gozillion items in DDO with ghost touch, that provide ghost touch, and holy and undead bane is easy to craft or pick up. Plus, I’m finding that this drops at an inordinate rate to anything else. I went up on the AH, and found basically nothing buy Ghostbane weapons.
4) Deathblock – there are now levels of deathblock? Either it works or it doesn’t, there are no levels. Having something that prevents neg levels I think is a nice idea, but I’m not all that keen on mixing it in with deathblck AND breaking that up into tiers.
5) Acid I, II, IV, etc. Sorry, but I just don’t get behind this tiered structure to damage. I think it is a decent concept, but I just feel that it wasn’t implemented properly. Maybe it’s just me.