Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
  1. #21
    Community Member Shorlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    You make no sense to me. You come here with your horrible design decisions that can be found in other games. Here's a clue, people play DDO because they like the way it is designed. If they liked the way other games are designed, they'd play them. It takes a... special kind of person to not switch to game where they like the design decisions. It is incredibly childish and selfish of you to say forget everyone else and let's make this game the way I WANT it to be, when you can just leave and play a different game. Don't you realize if your horrible design decisions were implemented here, it would just be like every other game, and then we'd have no place to go?

    It's the same **** all the other power gamers are saying. They hated the forest, they hated the Underdark, they hated Demonweb, all because it took away from their precious xp/min. What? I have to do stuff before I play the game? I can't beat the whole thing in an hour? THIS SUCKS!

    They even complain about the AS things, which is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL! You don't HAVE to do it, it's just there as a convenience. Last year, when shards were introduced, it was "Oh, we have like, nothing we can do with shards....what's the point. We want to be able to use them on something!" So, Turbine implements systems that use the shards, and now everyone is screaming and crying over it.

    It's like the people who complain about pets in quests being distracting.....sorry you confused my little kobold with a beholder....
    Or the people complaining about items...or no endgame....or guild slots.......

    Did everyone forget this is a game? Play the fricken game, why is it all about rewards and loot and being the uberest NOAW!

    No one wants to play certain quests because the loot sucks. Certain terrible quests are farmed because the loot is good. Doing Stormhorns isn't worth it because loot isn't amazing and you have to two minutes to go from the teleporter to the quest....I guess no on plays because the game is any good anymore...they just play because they want virtual items....as long as they didn't buy them...if you bought them with cash or plat...you are nothing....it's this elitist, divided attitude that is affecting this game, gaming in general, the internet in general....

    Anyway, point is, the people who are complaining cause they can't get to the quests fast enough are the types that don't want a movie that is interesting, they just want a movie filled with "good parts"....fast food is better than a slow-cooked meal...being with a woman isn't about enjoying it and having fun, it's about 15 seconds of...........well........I'll stop there.

    And the best part is if you don't agree with them...your not smart, your a fool, or, as I was told the other day right here on the forums, I must like being a soulstone carried through quests because I didn't strive for the uberbest EE loot.....I read an interesting conversation today on my wife's facebook...and this quote really stood out to me...

    "I believe our culture today thrives on controversy, drama and using the privilege of ones right to an opinion as a license to trample any that disagree."
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

    Leader of The Dark Creed

  2. #22
    Community Member Shorlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Look at the harbor map, see how you get the quest then step into the entrance? When I started playing ddo that was a big difference from other games. To use your own argument your explorer zones have killed that difference and made the game more into wow where I have to walk to every dungeon thru a large explorer zone. So now I have no place to play.
    Except that is just one small part of DDO. Korthos had an explorer area, Ceruleon Hills, The Red Fens, The Sands, Gianthold, Vale, Shavarath.....the game is a mix of quests where you just walk up to a door in a public zone...and quests where you have to go through a wilderness area to get there. It always has been. Complaining about it now, after Gianthold, Vale, King's Forest, Underdark, Sschyndilrin, Demonweb......well, now it just seems silly.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

    Leader of The Dark Creed

  3. #23
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
    I have never paid real money for Astral Shards, just sell loot on the Shard Auction house , I don't understand ppl complaining about paying shards to get to quest or to re-roll loot, I needed something to spend my shards on . I like the idea of being able to just tele to quest entrance .
    I'm with you on this but I still like the option of free teleports. Personally I wish Vale, Orchard, and Desert all had these so I could skip straight to the quest.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  4. #24
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    I'm with you on this but I still like the option of free teleports. Personally I wish Vale, Orchard, and Desert all had these so I could skip straight to the quest.
    If everything had free options, then all of us who worked so hard building our astral shard piles would have wasted time on nothing :P.

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    IIRC - Yes, there indeed was a option for this at one point but it was disabled because it didn't work or was suspected of creating lag. I can't seem to find anything on it now with the forums FUBAR'ed (more so than normal)
    Interesting that the option was there. Seems they knew what works, but now they charge fees for it.

    Wonder what happened.

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    Interesting that the option was there. Seems they knew what works, but now they charge fees for it.

    Wonder what happened.
    The option never made it to live. Whether it was bugged or they thought it was a bad idea, I don't know. It was released the same time Neverwinter was, and there were a lot of complaints about the hand holding and childlike nature of Neverwinter and these features. They may have thought against it.

  7. #27
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post

    Did everyone forget this is a game? Play the fricken game, why is it all about rewards and loot and being the uberest NOAW!
    For some people, acquiring the best loot in the game is what they like to do. Some people like the challenge of creating and building the "most uber" character they can think of. Some people play because they have developed great friendships in the time they have played. And if there is a game feature I feel makes it harder for me to play the game the way I want, I have just as much right to complain/moan/whatever I want. While I respect and concede that those who play differently than I have the same right to voice their ideas of which direction the game should go. I recognize and understand that everyone's reason for playing is equal to another - even if completely opposite . That's what makes this a great game to play - so amny different facets you can concentrate on. Even your own guild rules point this out.

    And as stated in your own guild rules:

    Be respectful of other's playstyle. This is not YOUR game, it is EVERYONE'S game. Some of us rush through to the end, some of us sniff the flowers on the way.
    And:

    There will be those of us that spend all their time crafting, running quests, trying new builds, or even just sitting there and chatting. We accommodate all player types, and accept them happily.
    Your statement from which I originally quoted in the beginning of the post, you are tearing into the people's play style with whom you don't agree. (Your whole post basically does that) That directly goes against your guilds creed of respecting others play style. So I would suggest looking into the mirror before bashing those who aren't 100% satisfied with game content.

  8. #28
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    No mention of Vale of Twilight?
    Or Gianthold.

    Or Desert Sands.

    Or Foothold.

    Or Reavers Refuge.

    Or Three Barrel Cove.

    Or Tangleroot.

    Or Sarrowdusk, Cult of the Six.


    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  9. #29
    Founder Firepants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Yidland
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Look at the harbor map, see how you get the quest then step into the entrance? When I started playing ddo that was a big difference from other games. To use your own argument your explorer zones have killed that difference and made the game more into wow where I have to walk to every dungeon thru a large explorer zone. So now I have no place to play.
    The harbor is designed with new players, who are unaccustomed to the game, in mind. If you bothered to pull your head out of your ___ you'd notice that each set of quests gets further and further away from the main quest givers, more or less, the higher in level you go. And in the middle? They put additional challenges and ways to enjoy one's self in order to allow a more seasoned player time to enjoy the game and test out their build in reference to the region. It's called design. It's nice and is one of the best aspects of this game, the gradual increase in effort it takes to get to increasingly difficult quests. If you don't like that, feel free to go elsewhere or ****.

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    The option never made it to live. Whether it was bugged or they thought it was a bad idea, I don't know. It was released the same time Neverwinter was, and there were a lot of complaints about the hand holding and childlike nature of Neverwinter and these features. They may have thought against it.
    But then why isnt the hand hold argument used when they implement it any way and charge shards for it?

  11. #31
    Community Member Shorlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    For some people, acquiring the best loot in the game is what they like to do. Some people like the challenge of creating and building the "most uber" character they can think of. Some people play because they have developed great friendships in the time they have played. And if there is a game feature I feel makes it harder for me to play the game the way I want, I have just as much right to complain/moan/whatever I want. While I respect and concede that those who play differently than I have the same right to voice their ideas of which direction the game should go. I recognize and understand that everyone's reason for playing is equal to another - even if completely opposite . That's what makes this a great game to play - so amny different facets you can concentrate on. Even your own guild rules point this out.

    And as stated in your own guild rules:



    And:



    Your statement from which I originally quoted in the beginning of the post, you are tearing into the people's play style with whom you don't agree. (Your whole post basically does that) That directly goes against your guilds creed of respecting others play style. So I would suggest looking into the mirror before bashing those who aren't 100% satisfied with game content.
    Let me clarify something....I have NO issues with anyone playing how they want to play, if you enjoy that, more power to you! I do it from time to time, as there are some areas (harbor, 3BC, Orchard/Necro4) I just can't stand and skip if I can (if my wife wants to run them, I try to make it go quickly lol).

    My problems is that everyone seems to want the game ONLY to cater to their wants and needs. I feel that right now, we have a good balance between what everyone wants. And when someone with a differing opinion points something out, or says something to oppose, they are bashed and berated for it.

    Again, I have nothing against people playing a way that fits them. I don't understand it, but hey, if it works it works. These people are usually the ones who complain about nothing to do, no challenge, and then berate others for not seeing the game the way they do. They also are the ones who think that the majority play like they do, when that is hardly the case.

    Just saying, complain and moan all you want, that's fine. But too often I've tried to help out, or show someone that hey, you're only have this problem because you CHOOSE to have this problem, and then I get told that I am stupid, or that I don't know how to play, or I'm not a real gamer. And it isn't just video games, I got that in PnP, M:TG, every type of game had it's power players who berate every single person who wasn't in it for becoming more powerful or getting more loot.

    So, sorry if it seemed like I was berating someones playstyle, I wasn't. I was berating the personality profile that GENERALLY (not always, but generally) fits the person who has that playstyle.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

    Leader of The Dark Creed

  12. #32
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    The harbor is designed with new players, who are unaccustomed to the game, in mind. If you bothered to pull your head out of your ___ you'd notice that each set of quests gets further and further away from the main quest givers, more or less, the higher in level you go. And in the middle? They put additional challenges and ways to enjoy one's self in order to allow a more seasoned player time to enjoy the game and test out their build in reference to the region. It's called design. It's nice and is one of the best aspects of this game, the gradual increase in effort it takes to get to increasingly difficult quests. If you don't like that, feel free to go elsewhere or ****.
    If that's the case then lets jack up the explorer areas to ee levels to make it a challenge instead of an irritant that puts you to sleep. I would have no issue with them if they provided a challenge.

  13. #33
    Community Member Postumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SW Wheloon
    Posts
    6,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Or Gianthold.

    Or Desert Sands.

    Or Foothold.

    Or Reavers Refuge.

    Or Three Barrel Cove.

    Or Tangleroot.

    Or Sarrowdusk, Cult of the Six.


    You forgot Korthos. You know how long it takes to run to the entrance of all those quests!


    Heck I'm still upset I can't access every single quest entrance using the ship's planescaller. Think of the xp/min I could get then!

  14. #34
    Community Member Postumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SW Wheloon
    Posts
    6,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    But too often I've tried to help out, or show someone that hey, you're only have this problem because you CHOOSE to have this problem, and then I get told that I am stupid, or that I don't know how to play, or I'm not a real gamer. And it isn't just video games, I got that in PnP, M:TG, every type of game had it's power players who berate every single person who wasn't in it for becoming more powerful or getting more loot.
    That attitude is not just limited to games. It's also the cause of many real world 'problems.'

  15. #35
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Heck I'm still upset I can't access every single quest entrance using the ship's planescaller. Think of the xp/min I could get then!
    Except it's not all about the xp/min it's

    No xp/min
    No loot
    No challenge

    Three strikes it's out for me.

  16. #36
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Let me clarify something....I have NO issues with anyone playing how they want to play, if you enjoy that, more power to you! I do it from time to time, as there are some areas (harbor, 3BC, Orchard/Necro4) I just can't stand and skip if I can (if my wife wants to run them, I try to make it go quickly lol).

    My problems is that everyone seems to want the game ONLY to cater to their wants and needs. I feel that right now, we have a good balance between what everyone wants. And when someone with a differing opinion points something out, or says something to oppose, they are bashed and berated for it.

    Again, I have nothing against people playing a way that fits them. I don't understand it, but hey, if it works it works. These people are usually the ones who complain about nothing to do, no challenge, and then berate others for not seeing the game the way they do. They also are the ones who think that the majority play like they do, when that is hardly the case.

    Just saying, complain and moan all you want, that's fine. But too often I've tried to help out, or show someone that hey, you're only have this problem because you CHOOSE to have this problem, and then I get told that I am stupid, or that I don't know how to play, or I'm not a real gamer. And it isn't just video games, I got that in PnP, M:TG, every type of game had it's power players who berate every single person who wasn't in it for becoming more powerful or getting more loot.

    So, sorry if it seemed like I was berating someones playstyle, I wasn't. I was berating the personality profile that GENERALLY (not always, but generally) fits the person who has that playstyle.
    Thanks for clarifying. Your certainly a rare breed when it comes to subjects such as this. I happen to agree with most of what you say, but I also understand where others are coming from. Many people believe they have a "right" to demand whatever they want since they pay money for it. Well, those people will be awfully disappointed in life as this is rarely how things work. And rarely will the demands alone spur changes (although mass outcry has proven to be moderately successful, especially with the growing popularity of social media. There may be a connection somewhere in there, different topic for another day).

    There are people are often those who believe that if you don't think like them your wrong, end of subject. These are the people either bashing Turbine or those who are die hard fans of Turbine. I'm sort of confident Turbine can take all these opinions and toss out the low scores and the high scores (like many competitions do to alleviate any undue bias). For those who are overtly negative and those who are so loyal to Turbine they lose sight of anything else; I usually just tune them out (or use the ignore feature here on the forums). The sad part is, many of the most inconsiderate and rude people are in real life enjoyable people. But the perceived anonymity of the internet morphs them into something else. Anyways, enough of my babble.

    Thanks again for being civil about things. And I retract the notion that your saying one thing but acting another way.

  17. #37

    Default

    well I'm pretty glad they did it this way, the storm horns is my favorite wilderness so far (even better then vale!). If you want to play easy to reach quest games just click any asian browser game and you'll be clicking your levels up for the next few hours. It's the depth and design in this game that draw me in. All the far away places can be reached for free, just pay for insta-teleport/insta level action and that's basicly throwing your money away so if people do that good for the game because the company will have a better balance on their banks and thus room for improvement =).

    But maybe I'm just easy to please only thing I want is some balance in difficulty/reward, f2p/p2p and as few bugs as possible.

  18. #38
    Community Member Yaga_Nub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mabar
    Posts
    6,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post
    ...
    But maybe I'm just easy to please only thing I want is some balance in difficulty/reward, f2p/p2p and as few bugs as possible.
    Why would you expect there to be a balance between f2p and p2p? And what kind of balance would you be expecting? For me, if I'm paying money for something in p2p then I'm doing it for speed reasons. For instance, I have no trouble buying a +5 tome if it fits some build that I want to do and I don't feel like farming for things like I've done on my 17 other toons. How would you balance that? Additionally, speed is power as well. If I buy the right augments or whatever before you pull them how are you going to balance my increase in power over yours? There shouldn't be a balance because I'm giving up something you're unwilling to as a f2p which is real world money and it's my real world money purchases that allow the f2p to keep playing this game (to a certain degree).
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

  19. #39
    Community Member Shorlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    That attitude is not just limited to games. It's also the cause of many real world 'problems.'
    Amen to that! I actually had typed out ...in our country...in our world... as well, but retracted it as I didn't want to threat to turn into a political/religious/flamebait thread.



    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. Your certainly a rare breed when it comes to subjects such as this. I happen to agree with most of what you say, but I also understand where others are coming from. Many people believe they have a "right" to demand whatever they want since they pay money for it. Well, those people will be awfully disappointed in life as this is rarely how things work. And rarely will the demands alone spur changes (although mass outcry has proven to be moderately successful, especially with the growing popularity of social media. There may be a connection somewhere in there, different topic for another day).

    There are people are often those who believe that if you don't think like them your wrong, end of subject. These are the people either bashing Turbine or those who are die hard fans of Turbine. I'm sort of confident Turbine can take all these opinions and toss out the low scores and the high scores (like many competitions do to alleviate any undue bias). For those who are overtly negative and those who are so loyal to Turbine they lose sight of anything else; I usually just tune them out (or use the ignore feature here on the forums). The sad part is, many of the most inconsiderate and rude people are in real life enjoyable people. But the perceived anonymity of the internet morphs them into something else. Anyways, enough of my babble.

    Thanks again for being civil about things. And I retract the notion that your saying one thing but acting another way.

    I love it when I get accused of being a fanboi, I'm not. I just don't let those little things bother me, and I enjoy the game. I play enough MMOs and games in general to know that this really isn't that bad. Yes, we have bugs, we have a Real money cash shop, we have some elements that others claim to be P2W (in a game without PVP or GVG or any sort of real competition, I fail to find that P2W unless you have to pay to complete a quest, something I don't ever see happening here, but have seen in other games. Leveling faster isn't paying to win, it's paying to level faster.)

    I think you hit a great mark there. People complaining because they spent money on it. Ok, we get it, you spent money, you are entitled to things. Here is what you are entitled to. The thing you bought, under the terms of the person providing it to you. Not your terms. NOTHING you buy is on YOUR terms. Buy a new TV and it doesn't have a feature you expect to have? Well, complain all you want to the manufacturer, but they aren't going to change for you. Your options are live with it, or get a different tv. Same with the game. They are designing and creating a world for us. Yes, they do listen and change some things, but it has to fit their plan. If there are features you think you should have, or features that are there you don't like or need, then you either a) live with it, or b) get a new one.

    Thanks for understanding
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

    Leader of The Dark Creed

  20. #40
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post
    If you want to play easy to reach quest games just click any asian browser game and you'll be clicking your levels up for the next few hours.
    I want to play D&D. There is a pay to teleport option now that makes it easy to reach. I'd like it to be free for everyone

    It's the depth and design in this game that draw me in. All the far away places can be reached for free, just pay for insta-teleport/insta level action and that's basicly throwing your money away so if people do that good for the game because the company will have a better balance on their banks and thus room for improvement =).You can enjoy depth and design while i teleport there free. Cant you? Or is that stopping you? Good for the game if everyone paid up, not just some. But not for teleports to quests
    .
    In bold.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload