Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
You make no sense to me. You come here with your horrible design decisions that can be found in other games. Here's a clue, people play DDO because they like the way it is designed. If they liked the way other games are designed, they'd play them. It takes a... special kind of person to not switch to game where they like the design decisions. It is incredibly childish and selfish of you to say forget everyone else and let's make this game the way I WANT it to be, when you can just leave and play a different game. Don't you realize if your horrible design decisions were implemented here, it would just be like every other game, and then we'd have no place to go?

It's the same **** all the other power gamers are saying. They hated the forest, they hated the Underdark, they hated Demonweb, all because it took away from their precious xp/min. What? I have to do stuff before I play the game? I can't beat the whole thing in an hour? THIS SUCKS!

They even complain about the AS things, which is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL! You don't HAVE to do it, it's just there as a convenience. Last year, when shards were introduced, it was "Oh, we have like, nothing we can do with shards....what's the point. We want to be able to use them on something!" So, Turbine implements systems that use the shards, and now everyone is screaming and crying over it.

It's like the people who complain about pets in quests being distracting.....sorry you confused my little kobold with a beholder....
Or the people complaining about items...or no endgame....or guild slots.......

Did everyone forget this is a game? Play the fricken game, why is it all about rewards and loot and being the uberest NOAW!

No one wants to play certain quests because the loot sucks. Certain terrible quests are farmed because the loot is good. Doing Stormhorns isn't worth it because loot isn't amazing and you have to two minutes to go from the teleporter to the quest....I guess no on plays because the game is any good anymore...they just play because they want virtual items....as long as they didn't buy them...if you bought them with cash or plat...you are nothing....it's this elitist, divided attitude that is affecting this game, gaming in general, the internet in general....

Anyway, point is, the people who are complaining cause they can't get to the quests fast enough are the types that don't want a movie that is interesting, they just want a movie filled with "good parts"....fast food is better than a slow-cooked meal...being with a woman isn't about enjoying it and having fun, it's about 15 seconds of...........well........I'll stop there.

And the best part is if you don't agree with them...your not smart, your a fool, or, as I was told the other day right here on the forums, I must like being a soulstone carried through quests because I didn't strive for the uberbest EE loot.....I read an interesting conversation today on my wife's facebook...and this quote really stood out to me...

"I believe our culture today thrives on controversy, drama and using the privilege of ones right to an opinion as a license to trample any that disagree."