Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    Community Member DeKalbSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    174

    Default

    You can teleport there for free. Just find the waypoints. If you can't I'm sure someone will have it mapped out soon (I believe someone already has).
    As for mounts, they would be cool, but I think mostly as a cosmetic. How much faster will they be than sprint boosts and gear?
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

    Guild - Orien's Rejects

  2. #42
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post
    You can teleport there for free. Just find the waypoints. If you can't I'm sure someone will have it mapped out soon (I believe someone already has).
    As for mounts, they would be cool, but I think mostly as a cosmetic. How much faster will they be than sprint boosts and gear?
    Was thinking latitude, with enough up grades they get faster and flight. I'd be okay with flying around wilderness areas just for the flying.

  3. #43
    Community Member Ashlayna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Or Gianthold.

    Or Desert Sands.

    Or Foothold.

    Or Reavers Refuge.

    Or Three Barrel Cove.

    Or Tangleroot.

    Or Sarrowdusk, Cult of the Six.

    It's called selective amnesia. They only remember the bad stuff they want to remember.

  4. #44
    Community Member hkusp45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Whether you bought shards or not, they do indeed reflect real world currency as someone had to buy them. Sure you can get a few here and there but not enough to make a difference. The fact that many people don't relate them to real money is exactly the reason it's so successful. It's the same psychological trick that casino's use with player cheques (commonly known as "chips" to most people).
    I have over 2200 astral shards ,never paid any real money for them ... and that is enough to make a difference IMO
    Last edited by hkusp45; 08-23-2013 at 03:30 PM.

  5. #45
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
    I have over 2200 astral shards ,never paid any real money for them ... and that is enough to make a difference IMO
    Your not grasping a very simple concept. If 99.96%* of all Astral Diamonds are bought - by someone (it doesn't have to be you) with real money out of the store, it automatically gives them a relative real life monetary value. When you look at the game as a whole, only a very small minority of players will have large amounts of AS that they did not have to buy.

    That means a vast majority of players with AS had to pay for them at some point. So the fact that you don't understand why people dislike the fact that you have to pay AS to do something is very ignorant. (or your a horrible forum troll)

    *made up number but when Astral Diamonds are crunched to 2-5 AS apiece and DD used to give small amounts, but no longer does. Along with a 30-40% fee on the ASAH it's reasonable to assume virtually all AS are bought since all the free ones have been consumed by fee's. Very basic economics.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 08-23-2013 at 05:01 PM.

  6. #46
    Community Member hkusp45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Your not grasping a very simple concept. If 99.96%* of all Astral Diamonds are bought - by someone (it doesn't have to be you) with real money out of the store, it automatically gives them a relative real life monetary value. When you look at the game as a whole, only a very small minority of players will have large amounts of AS that they did not have to buy.

    That means a vast majority of players with AS had to pay for them at some point. So the fact that you don't understand why people dislike the fact that you have to pay AS to do something is very ignorant. (or your a horrible forum troll)

    *made up number but when Astral Diamonds are crunched to 2-5 AS apiece and DD used to give small amounts, but no longer does. Along with a 30-40% fee on the ASAH it's reasonable to assume virtually all AS are bought since all the free ones have been consumed by fee's. Very basic economics.

    your must not understand my point . who cares who buys shards with real money , you don't have to spend real money to get them, so for me they have NO real life monetary value. I don't believe that the majority of players paid for shards ,ill bet most players farmed items to sell on the astral shard auction to get them .

  7. #47
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
    your must not understand my point . who cares who buys shards with real money , you don't have to spend real money to get them, so for me they have NO real life monetary value. I don't believe that the majority of players paid for shards ,ill bet most players farmed items to sell on the astral shard auction to get them .
    ummm wow, and I guess the shard fairy bought them with magic right?

  8. #48
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
    I don't believe that the majority of players paid for shards ,ill bet most players farmed items to sell on the astral shard auction to get them .
    Ok, then where did the shard come from originally? Out of thin air?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload