Default MOTU Elite Spider Cult Mask to be OFF by Default please.

Every single time i have to turn its appearance off.
    Its ugly and it keeps turning itself visible each time i log in.

And why does it show up on my character selection screen?

Other objects dont (not counting armour)
    Real join date: Update 7

Quote Originally Posted by humbleroller View Post

/Signed
    /Signed
    /Signed

Get the idea Devs?

I really don't like the look of this mask and having 40+ characters that I log on very often indeed basically being required to open their Inventories, Click Mask, Double Click Head to remove look and close Inventory is Irritating in the extreme!
    I log on to Check Mail and for one character per server to Roll the Daily Dice - This can take 2 Hrs out of my gameplay time for the day and getting back to the Loading Screen to see that D@mn Mask makes me want to SCREAM!

P.S. There's quite a few items in game that I'd love to be shown on the Character Screen
    They're called Weapons & Shields!
    Especially Shields!

Yes please!
    /signed
    UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

the reason it appears on your character at selection screen is you are wearing it.

The mask has had a clicky effect added to it so if you want the +1 bonus it provides but, don't want to see it use the clicky then unequip the mask. The effect will last until you log out so its not that much of an annoyance.

I dislike the appearance and I use the clicky effect always so its not really and issue.

solution: Clicky unequip forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    the reason it appears on your character at selection screen is you are wearing it.

The mask has had a clicky effect added to it so if you want the +1 bonus it provides but, don't want to see it use the clicky then unequip the mask. The effect will last until you log out so its not that much of an annoyance.

I dislike the appearance and I use the clicky effect always so its not really and issue.

solution: Clicky unequip forget.
    NOT a Solution!

In fact this just makes my issue WORSE!

Because now I have to remember that I put the d@rn thing in my inventory, WHERE it is in my inventory AND put it back on first before clicking it then taking it off again!

Add to this the fact that being in my inventory it is now taking up a slot that could be used to store something else / pick up one more item from a chest well....You surely get the point?

Default A Bit Annoyed

Yeah, I agree this is an annoyance. I had always kept it visible on some of my characters, but certainly not all of them. Oh well....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    Yeah, I agree this is an annoyance. I had always kept it visible on some of my characters, but certainly not all of them. Oh well....
    in order to get the bonus before, it had to be visable, same with any cosmetic item (bunny hat for example. if you didnt have the appearance on it didnt give the bonus) now, you can click it and get the bonus (lasts until log off/use another cosmetic items ability) and take it off if you dont want it showing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    in order to get the bonus before, it had to be visable, same with any cosmetic item (bunny hat for example. if you didnt have the appearance on it didnt give the bonus) now, you can click it and get the bonus (lasts until log off/use another cosmetic items ability) and take it off if you dont want it showing.
    Nah, before the cosmetics update, you had to make the mask first visible, and the click the goggles mode to get the mask off, with the bonus still active. Making the helmet visible would remove the effect

Now I use the Cosmetic slot to store the motu mask, and yes, it activating - turning goggle/helmet mode on - can get tedious. Haven't still found a toon that it looks fitting to wear on. Maybe a Shadar Kai lol .

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

There was a dev post awhile ago that they will change it, eventually, to respect your choice of shown or not.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Then I hope they do so soon, as it is indeed annoying: as others said it may be fitting for some toons, maar certainly not all of them, and if I turn it off I do so for a reason and want it to STAY off. Same with other cosmetic stuff that I don't want to clutter up my inventory.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Hero

Get this done already Turbine.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Just let my selection of don't-show/show-goggle/show-helm etc stick. So when I've set it to not show once, it'll be that way the next time I log in. Please?
    It's definitely an N-word.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Thumbs up Agreed

Pretty please, with kobolds on top.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    NOT a Solution!

In fact this just makes my issue WORSE!

Because now I have to remember that I put the d@rn thing in my inventory, WHERE it is in my inventory AND put it back on first before clicking it then taking it off again!

Add to this the fact that being in my inventory it is now taking up a slot that could be used to store something else / pick up one more item from a chest well....You surely get the point?
    I have been using the mask on my Character full time since MOTU and I absolutely hate the look.

before the clicky update I would just use /showhelmetoff command

now I just keep the mask in my hotbar clicky it then remove it and I'm done with it

THIS is the solution

I mean do you pull every item you swap out of your inventory?

put it on a hotbar and be done with it

let the Devs deal with actual issues rather than annoyance

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    I have been using the mask on my Character full time since MOTU and I absolutely hate the look.

before the clicky update I would just use /showhelmetoff command

now I just keep the mask in my hotbar clicky it then remove it and I'm done with it

THIS is the solution

I mean do you pull every item you swap out of your inventory?

put it on a hotbar and be done with it

let the Devs deal with actual issues rather than annoyance
    No it's NOT the Solution!

You can't remove the mask with the Hotbar - You actually have to go into the Inventory and drag it into a space that could be used for something else.

Hey I got the Expansions and have a Wizard Hat and Two Sets of Goggles on every server - That's 3 Characters per server who stick the Horrid Spider Mask in the Bank and forget about the bonus!

P.S. Why Devs did the Spider Mask get In-Game bonuses but NOT the Wizard's Hat or the Goggles?

As for Hotbars - They're FULL already!
    Plus I really don't see the point in putting something on my hotbar to click when the very next thing I do is to open the inventory and drag it out of the slot anyway!

Community Member

/signed

It's a small thing for me, but it is very annoying. Personally I have it on hotbar to far side..log in, click it.. inventory, drag off, then click helm appearance to invis my helm again. It's become a log in ritual that I didn't have before. Sometimes I don't even do it.

The point of signing this is the fact you don't want to force your customers into doing anything super annoying right off in the get go. You want them to look forward to say, rolling the daily dice or start out positive.. not this kind of thing. That is why I /signed it. I don't understand why you made it a clicky at all, just have a toggle in the cosmetic to show or not like the armor.. and you either wear it or you don't to get bonuses. I have no clue why the expansion cosmetics didn't get some sort of misc bonus either, but everything named gear wise in expansion is watered down so whatever on that..lol.

/signed.

Not maintaining the cosmetic toggle choice on logout/login is flawed, and I consider it to be a bug.

Community Member

I have mine on hotbar with Pendant, Voice, and Goggles. My login is followed by equip Pendant, activate Pendant, equip Voice, equip Mask, activate Mask, equip Goggles. Between the animations and the cooldowns, it doesn't seem to take any extra time. I want the bonus, anyway. If it really bothered me, I suppose I could keep it in the bank.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester