Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Default Agreed

I agree. That was one of my first thoughts when I was redoing all my enhancements - it annoyed me so much I didn't notice some of the positives of the new system. (And still not sure I think it's a net positive change.)

Anyhow - enough with the clickies (items, feats, enhancements, destinies, pots/scrolls/wands, spells, stances, etc.). I tend to run way too many hotbars and can't find stuff. Sure any to-click effect is really nice when you need it - but there's just so many one can manage effectively.
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    You should try a crescendo of BS instead of starting right off the bat with total absurdity. Maybe i'd bother reading.
    Because copying someone's build and piking raids is the pinnacle of skill?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Because copying someone's build and piking raids is the pinnacle of skill?
    Think I misunderstood your sentence the first time. It actually came all the other way around to me which didn't make sense in an action game. Sorry about that.

Have your thread folks, I now at least understand your reasons. But I still personally like to have more stuff to manage/choose from heh.
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 08-25-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

I just use a game pad.
    I get 24 hot keys that way, all a touch away, with 26 possible (but not willing to give up auto-run and loot all)

Unless you're a healer, you may want to consider it.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Gigglelock| | Zeriyn - Wolf Caster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Praise Dog, and Maelodic, his prophet.

Community Member

1) Home row FTW!
    Remap movement keys W-A-S-D to E-S-D-F. Then map Q/A to Select/Interact; this makes picking up collectibles, opening doors, hitting levers, etc. much faster & easier.

2) http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga
    12 more buttons to use! Even more with CTRL/ALT/other meta keys.

3) http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...s/razer-anansi
    Even more meta keys! (and it lights up!) I like to map one of the meta keys to CTRL-F1, makes it easier to keep your pet alive (if you care), and you can blaze through ship buff menus, quest menus, and festival turn-ins.

To me, I hate some of the new active skills. I'm already running 12 hot bars with my MONK, don't make me do even more... ( 14 bars after U19... ). Yet the active skills are somewhat good...

the enhancement tree anyways could've made better still. I checked Lama when it was on. Overall I ended up with "meh" opinion. Juggernauts getting stronger, AAs even stronger, tanking (my favourite way to play) going down the hill, my WF FvS getting more healbot than a DPS... Hence I actually stopped playing DDO. I want to play it, but all these active skills, bugs, dying game and no one to play with really makes me not to play it anymore after spending a good 300-400 € into it for 5 years and about 3500+ hours of gameplay. I'm not gonna spend more into this game because of it.

And to those who just say "Don't use them then" it's just like saying "Want to play it but it's too buggy? Don't play it!"
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Since Turbine "balanced" classes and melee actually have same or more damage then casters it's only fair that they use as many clickies, boosts and activated abilities as casters do.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Then take passive enhancements. Nobody is forcing you to use active enhancements if you don't want to.

But there has to be some sort of gate to the use of powerful abilities; with no trade-off, they'd be overpowered no-brainers used by everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Then build a character with fewer active abilities. They aren't mandatory.
    they are. becasue there are so many of them, you HAVE to take some even if you dont want them.
    take a look at the assassin tree.

there is a limit to how many clickies you can pay attention to, and heal yourself, and move and try to use any kind of tactics for playing.
    if I need to worry about 10 active attacks (in addition to 3-5 heals, def clickies, displacement clickies, long timer types (whic ARE OK), you don't have time to see what you are fighting. Looking for that Shadar-kai assasin, finding the enemy caster, letting a blitzer get the kill, timing Adrenalin, timing and other ED actives.
    etc.
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

Default Right...

Yes, having some clickies on melee is nice and balanced (since casters have tons). However, there is a limit and 12+ hotbars to hold all of them (and some needed gear swaps, pots, etc.) is just too much. Have "replacement" ones that completely replace the older one, etc.

And, some classes have little but clickies - look at arcane archer? Geez, they messed arcane archers around...
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Default Yes and no because... because.

I've only read like half the posts but just wanted to say something about it:

Most ppl before this updated complained about the lack of "versatility" some classes had...

So there ya go.. now all classes and races have new abilities to make them more "interesting"... and now we have the minimalists ****ed off because it's too many hotkeys (personally I don't mind the new hot keys, since my hot bars were already a mess, it's like a mess and a half now).

I like the new enhancement system, I only dislike the fact that now there are lots of spells that are SLA, like Storm of Vengeance for Druid, but there is no spell to replace the storm on lvl 9... so It's like a slot that has been lost... makes no sense.

Still digging the new system.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567