Community Member

Default Free +20 Lesser Reincarnation Problem

Hey there,

I was about to LR my Palamonkthing earlier into a rog/ftr/monk. When I was in creation screen I was a bit clueless why I wasn't supposed to switch the class. I started searching the forums and found:

" NEW: Hearts of Wood (including the +20 Heart of Wood that every character receives with the release of the Shadowfell Conspiracy) do not allow characters to have more than three classes during the reincarnation process, including "future" levels they haven't taken yet during the respec process, since DDO remembers what class levels you had prior to reincarnating even if the player intended to have only three classes by the end of the process. Swapping the class you don't want into one of your existing classes, and then performing another reincarnation to train into the desired 3rd class, can bypass this issue. "

If I got it right, DDO would count the old Paladin Class as 4 Classes in summary. I just don't understand how a second Lesser Reincarnation would solve that problem. The description of the Lesser Heart of wood says that I can freely swap classes (if I dont go for more than 3 different ones). Back to creation screen I can't chose freely anything. I can't even choose Paladin at lvl 1. I am just able to take Monk, nothing else.
    What am I doing wrong?

I really appreciate your help, and I appreciate even more that you've read my poor attempt to describe a problem in english...
    Innogen * Calleia * Cladis * Zicke * Dipi

of Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Calleia View Post
    Hey there,

I was about to LR my Palamonkthing earlier into a rog/ftr/monk. When I was in creation screen I was a bit clueless why I wasn't supposed to switch the class. I started searching the forums and found:

" NEW: Hearts of Wood (including the +20 Heart of Wood that every character receives with the release of the Shadowfell Conspiracy) do not allow characters to have more than three classes during the reincarnation process, including "future" levels they haven't taken yet during the respec process, since DDO remembers what class levels you had prior to reincarnating even if the player intended to have only three classes by the end of the process. Swapping the class you don't want into one of your existing classes, and then performing another reincarnation to train into the desired 3rd class, can bypass this issue. "

If I got it right, DDO would count the old Paladin Class as 4 Classes in summary. I just don't understand how a second Lesser Reincarnation would solve that problem. The description of the Lesser Heart of wood says that I can freely swap classes (if I dont go for more than 3 different ones). Back to creation screen I can't chose freely anything. I can't even choose Paladin at lvl 1. I am just able to take Monk, nothing else.
    What am I doing wrong?

I really appreciate your help, and I appreciate even more that you've read my poor attempt to describe a problem in english...
    If you have three classes previous to the LR, it seems you must choose one of them to begin with.

There should be another post about this issue on the forum, and a theory as to how it works out.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

you have to look not only at what you currently are, but what classes you were previously for the other levels up to 20. So when you took the classes is a big deal for the LR +20 stone. If paladin was only the first few levels you can probably make it work. if your last few levels were paladin you probably can't make it work.

You would almost have to make a chart showing what classes you were levels 1-20 and then when replacing each level, you can't have more than 4 classes from 1-20 even if you are currently only level 2.

This is likely because historically they wouldn't let you take a class that would put you over 3 classes by level 20 so people didn't get stuck having to switch their later classes. Especially since with a +1 or +3 there is no opportunity to do so.
    Last edited by unacceptable; 08-23-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Community Member

thank you for your replies!

so when I rolled my Palamonk I took 2 level of monk (at Lvl 1 and 2) and the rest Paladin.
    Thats two classes if I count correctly.

In LR now I can only choose Monk at lvl 1 because I did so in prior life? What is the sense of +20 LR then? Will I be able to choose something else at lvl 3 but Paladin?

The chart is like (level - what class originally -> what class to LR into)

Lvl 1 - Monk -> Fighter (so that would be 3rd class?)
    Lvl 2 - Monk -> Fighter
    Lvl 3 - Paladin -> Fighter
    Lvl 4 - Paladin -> Fighter
    Lvl 5 - Paladin -> Fighter
    Lvl 6 - Paladin -> Fighter
    Lvl 7 - Paladin -> Monk (still 3 classes as I was part- Monk originally)
    Lvl 8 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 9 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 10 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 11 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 12 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 13 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 14 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 15 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 16 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 17 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 18 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 19 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 20 - Paladin -> Monk

I still don't understand why I can't choose fighter (or anything else but Monk) at lvl 1.

of Sarlona

thank you for your replies!

so when I rolled my Palamonk I took 2 level of monk (at Lvl 1 and 2) and the rest Paladin.
    Thats two classes if I count correctly.

In LR now I can only choose Monk at lvl 1 because I did so in prior life? What is the sense of +20 LR then? Will I be able to choose something else at lvl 3 but Paladin?

The chart is like (level - what class originally -> what class to LR into)

Lvl 1 - Monk -> Fighter (so that would be 3rd class?)
    Lvl 2 - Monk -> Fighter
    Lvl 3 - Paladin -> Fighter
    Lvl 4 - Paladin -> Fighter
    Lvl 5 - Paladin -> Fighter
    Lvl 6 - Paladin -> Fighter
    Lvl 7 - Paladin -> Monk (still 3 classes as I was part- Monk originally)
    Lvl 8 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 9 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 10 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 11 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 12 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 13 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 14 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 15 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 16 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 17 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 18 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 19 - Paladin -> Monk
    Lvl 20 - Paladin -> Monk

I still don't understand why I can't choose fighter (or anything else but Monk) at lvl 1.

From what you have here.

Are you sure you did not accidentally select the free LR- from last year?
    This seems to be the issue for a lot of people.

However if you used the LR20 you can completely change your first class as long as it will not put you over the 3 class limit. From the looks it should not.

(I have used the stone 3 times will success now and each time I could completely change the classes because I only ever had 2 class multi-classes since MotU.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullzz View Post
    From what you have here.

Are you sure you did not accidentally select the free LR- from last year?
    This seems to be the issue for a lot of people.

Uhm, now that you say it.. there was a LR last year. I dont know if it was that. I thought I used the +20 LR heart from my inventory.
    If this is the problem, is there anything to kind of inactivate it? Or do I have to do the "old" LR and wait one week to be able to use the actual +20LR ?

of Sarlona

Uhm, now that you say it.. there was a LR last year. I dont know if it was that. I thought I used the +20 LR heart from my inventory.
    If this is the problem, is there anything to kind of inactivate it? Or do I have to do the "old" LR and wait one week to be able to use the actual +20LR ?
    Yes, you have to complete the free LR and then you have to wait one week. I made the same mistake. You can check if you used the (invisible) free LR by looking in your inventory. If the LR20 is still there, you were using the free LR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    People are absolutely working on it at the moment.

Community Member

well, it's still in my inventory. Guess I need to wait a week then. But I'm happy that it can be fixed that way.

what kind of LH was the one last year? +1, +3 +anythingatall?

Thank you all for your help!

of Sarlona

well, it's still in my inventory. Guess I need to wait a week then. But I'm happy that it can be fixed that way.

what kind of LH was the one last year? +1, +3 +anythingatall?

Thank you all for your help!

It was a plain LR. No level change.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

My reincarnation says that choosing a class differs from the one I chose at that lv and that it will cost me one class change.

My question is, does it take class changes away starting from the top?

For instance I have a 12brd 8 fighter. Im gonna add 2 rog in there and bring the bard to 10. Will I be able to take rog at lv 20 or is this thing taking away my ability to class change at later levels?
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    My reincarnation says that choosing a class differs from the one I chose at that lv and that it will cost me one class change.

My question is, does it take class changes away starting from the top?

For instance I have a 12brd 8 fighter. Im gonna add 2 rog in there and bring the bard to 10. Will I be able to take rog at lv 20 or is this thing taking away my ability to class change at later levels?
    As long as you don't try putting a 4th class it ill work. So taking rogue at two of the lvls you took bard will work fine.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn