Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default EE "What goes up" end fight

This is a tough nut to crack, have beaten it a few times but each time was an expensive blood-bath.

Has anyone found the easy-button yet? I'm not above cheese and exploity perch-spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Has anyone found the easy-button yet? I'm not above cheese and exploity perch-spots.
    We went there as duo Juggernauts yesterday only to have two more guildies come after first pillar was down because as melees, even as very well geared and played juggernauts we had our problems with the amount of mobs spawning there after 350 killed mobs and only 3 shrines.

Easy button is was and always will be: Shiradi wiz/sorcs, insta kill pillars, mass CC with nerve venom and chain missiles, sleet storm/ice storm/solid fog and of course **** load of dots on the boss, so he actually cannot regenerate all the time like a !"%§!&§.

Sad to see that the quest design makes it super easy button for the already easy button and gives everyone the finger who tries not to go there as shiradi.

I know one thing, it was the first and the last time for me on a melee in that quest. Shiradi from now on, if even. Those boots are not really interesting.
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

the amount of mobs that spawn in this quest should be revisited by the devs and adjusted. Not sure how it plays out on other difficulties but on EE it's a little nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    the amount of mobs that spawn in this quest should be revisited by the devs and adjusted. Not sure how it plays out on other difficulties but on EE it's a little nuts.
    Especially when the intended spawn of mobs triggers Red Dungeon alert.
    There should not be a Dungeon Alert at intended mass mob spawns.

I have run across 3 bugged out endfights on EE rendering the quest unfinishable.
    -Twice after dropping the portals, the snow elementals did not spawn, and hence no shadowdance visual mode screwy grapics, boss ported down for 6 seconds at a time to random spots around the globe then ported back to the top and started regenning.. spent an hour or so rekilling respawning casters over waiting for a GM... had him to 100k hp before we just said f.it and recalled.
    -Other bugged one killed everything but he didnt come down to play..all the mobs were dead.. we just recalled reset and redidi it.

I am not a fan of the whole purple shadow haze effect..Running around trying not to fall of the glacier while having a half blinded effect.
    Part of the game is playing for the visual effect, flashing purple haze is not visually appealing to play in.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Cannot agree. Despite the difficulty, isn't it challenge, which is complaint about regarding its lacking? Easy button is soloing it with active Blitz, and even then it is a real challenge. I had my troubles on epic hard (lvl. 26 toon, lvl. 28 quest, so kind of no surprise) but you can pull down mobs and you can destroy crystals in a certain order to prevent too much pain.

Maybe the visual haze is exactly wanted that way, to increase the challenge. It is the biggest obstacle, I would say. In any way, this quest gives enough freedom for soloing or shortmanning and enough challenge for a full party.

I was ****ed off by the visual haze but well, it is the Netherese, not some pointy hat wizard pupils named Gundilf's adepts...erm Elminster's.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Cannot agree. Despite the difficulty, isn't it challenge, which is complaint about regarding its lacking? Easy button is soloing it with active Blitz, and even then it is a real challenge. I had my troubles on epic hard (lvl. 26 toon, lvl. 28 quest, so kind of no surprise) but you can pull down mobs and you can destroy crystals in a certain order to prevent too much pain.
    Spawning literally 50 orcs at once and going to instant red-alert isn't challenge, it's retarded. neither is the best was of dealing with said army of monsters: kiting. Kiting mechanics are LAME and whenever that's the best options to handle an encounter (dogs in LOB, ghost dragons ion FOT, etc . . .) the devs failed at their job.

I really do think there is a bug causing double spawns in a lot of quests.

Maybe the visual haze is exactly wanted that way, to increase the challenge. It is the biggest obstacle, I would say. In any way, this quest gives enough freedom for soloing or shortmanning and enough challenge for a full party.
    This has gotta be a troll . . . making the screen impossible to see is "challenge" and good for the game. Are you for real? As the authority on all things trolling I rate this a 2 out of 10 as it's too obvious of a troll to anyone with half a brain.

NO.. You can always do this on other difficulties then ee. Go play your easy button jibber jabber. I like a tougher quest every now and then. There are several different ways of handling the adds. Best way is probbably some sort of kiter Shiradi/caster or tank while the rest of the party kills the pillars. Then pull the shadover down below and kill them. Then kill boss.

Somebody could also sneak to locations around outer edge and then range pillars. Sometimes get discovered then drop down and kill mobs and then sneak and go back up. Pull Shadovers below kill them. Quest will eventually be soloed on EE. Friend got to end fight soloing, but he could not quite do it on first attempt with the pillars, but eventually he or someone else will solo it.

Only comment I have is approaching end fight when mobs spawn game lags and red alert happens so would be nice for devs to fix that a little.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Spawning literally 50 orcs at once and going to instant red-alert isn't challenge, it's retarded. neither is the best was of dealing with said army of monsters: kiting. Kiting mechanics are LAME and whenever that's the best options to handle an encounter (dogs in LOB, ghost dragons ion FOT, etc . . .) the devs failed at their job.

I really do think there is a bug causing double spawns in a lot of quests.

This has gotta be a troll . . . making the screen impossible to see is "challenge" and good for the game. Are you for real? As the authority on all things trolling I rate this a 2 out of 10 as it's too obvious of a troll to anyone with half a brain.
    A tank can handle this if you do not like kiting or pulling.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

I was ****ed off by the visual haze but well, it is the Netherese, not some pointy hat wizard pupils named Gundilf's adepts...erm Elminster's.
    This is not challenging, this is Fake Difficulty, where the Devs threw in something unrelated to player skill or enemy AI which makes the game significantly more difficult.

"Bad technical aspects make it difficult" is one of the sub-categories listed there.

Just like EE Servants was a headache when first released because of instant red alerts, this quest is similarly frustrating. If you are playing the quest as intended, you should never EVER get above a green alert. It is an anti-zerg mechanism that has since evolved into "the devs are too lazy to give enemies interesting attacks, so instead they just make waves of 30+ mobs spawn at the same time."

Also, they did later adjust EE Servants so that you no longer get a Red Alert at the end of it. Do the same, here. Having huge battles with dozens of mobs is completely fine and a welcome challenge-- having it INSTANTLY scale up the mobs' stats AND cause them to reduce you to -90% speed because of poor design is not fine. It's just dumb. It borders on the lines of "Game-Breaking Bug."
    Last edited by djl; 08-26-2013 at 10:40 AM.

^The OP does not mention any hard time because of instant dungeon alert. Neither did 2nd post. As such I replied in a general way. I don't remember having any alert, maybe I just couldn't recognize due to constant fighting (or it just does not happen when soloing and lower difficulty). But if dungeon alert is such a problem then bug report it. In general I think the quest is fine as it is and demands no *easy button* but neither a dungeon alert button.

The only troll are you in that post. Ignoring the ad hominem part as well and just repeat: yes, maybe visual impedements are part of this challenge. When it gets to a level of an epileptic seizure then maybe this game is not the right one for you. In any case I, too, was ****ed off of this effect and still are not a fan of it in any way. But I don't claim standards and things being my way as you do. I do not intend to start a troll fight but won't agree with you on that the dev.s have to change the Shadowfell effect or remove it.
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 08-26-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    NO.. You can always do this on other difficulties then ee.
    There is no difficulty other than EE.

play your easy button jibber jabber.
    And you talk about cheese like ranging and kitting? Talk about easy buttons.

I like a tougher quest every now and then. There are several different ways of handling the adds. Best way is probbably some sort of kiter Shiradi/caster or tank while the rest of the party kills the pillars. Then pull the shadover down below and kill them. Then kill boss.
    Have you tried having a tank actually try to intim and block all those mobs? I'm sure that would be entertaining to observe for about 10 seconds.

Somebody could also sneak to locations around outer edge and then range pillars. Sometimes get discovered then drop down and kill mobs and then sneak and go back up. Pull Shadovers below kill them. Quest will eventually be soloed on EE. Friend got to end fight soloing, but he could not quite do it on first attempt with the pillars, but eventually he or someone else will solo it.
    So ranging and running away is your idea of a fun encounter?

Only comment I have is approaching end fight when mobs spawn game lags and red alert happens so would be nice for devs to fix that a little.
    This I agree with, a game this lagging should have as many objects on the screen as you get in this encounter.

A tank can handle this if you do not like kiting or pulling.
    YouTube video or it hasn't happened.

^The OP does not mention any hard time because of instant dungeon alert. Neither did 2nd post. As such I replied in a general way. I don't remember having any alert, maybe I just couldn't recognize due to constant fighting (or it just does not happen when soloing and lower difficulty). But if dungeon alert is such a problem then bug report it. In general I think the quest is fine as it is and demands no *easy button* but neither a dungeon alert button.
    The orange/red alert lag stuff happens on 3 battles or so on the way to the end fight and one battle as a part of the end fight. The one on the end fight is pretty easy to deal with just pull a set of the orcs over by range and kill them and then pull another set and kill them. Eventually you get the alert level down. The bigger issue is the battles on the way to the top, but they are pretty easy to deal with for the most part just retreat and kill as you go.

The difficult aspect of this quest is the re spawning assasins and mages really at the end fight. You can deal with that via stealth, kiting, tanking, etc...

I do not intend to start a troll fight but won't agree with you on that the dev.s have to change the Shadowfell effect or remove it.
    Don't try to out-troll me, it's impossible.

With that said if dungeon alert were turned off in this quest everything else would be manageable. 50 Orc spawns can be dealt with if it isn't instant-orange.

. . . just retreat . . .
    So that's your preferred tactic? Good to know.

There is no difficulty other than EE.
    Perhaps for you there is. For me I want harder quests then there are currently in game.

And you talk about cheese like ranging and kitting? Talk about easy buttons.
    Ranging and kiting, stealth, pulling, and tanking. It sounds lilke you just have one idea of playing go fight

So ranging and running away is your idea of a fun encounter?

This I agree with, a game this lagging should have as many objects on the screen as you get in this encounter.
    Quite frankly these 3-4 battles are fairly insignifcant when viewing this quest as a whole. Really the main challenge in this quest is dealing with the spawning assasins and mages. I call red herring on this whole issue. You just want to nerfbat this quest which I totally disagree with.

So that's your preferred tactic? Good to know.
    I forgot CC, my bard hangover has ccd those huge sets of mobs as well. Disco Ball, mind fog, hypno, charm, etc..

You just want to nerfbat this quest which I totally disagree with.
    I want spawns that won't trigger instant orange-alert. Either turn off DA in this quest or make the spawns smaller. That's pretty much all I'm asking for.

I forgot CC, my bard hangover has ccd those huge sets of mobs as well. Disco Ball, mind fog, hypno, charm, etc..
    What kinda enchant DC you able to get now on a bard? I'm gonna assume fascinate works well but we haven't tried that yet.

What kinda enchant DC you able to get now on a bard? I'm gonna assume fascinate works well but we haven't tried that yet.
    Well still working on my bard, but had pretty close to max enchantment dc prior to this update and then this update got a little bit more charisma so was at 58 charisma or so + magister twist enchant in fatesinger + epic spell focus enchantment and using twilight. I was at that level when I cc those huge mob sets. The last one at end fight had a little bit more trouble because had several death penalties from the assassins hammering me and us not know what we were doing. I am working on getting her higher with charisma +10 item, spell focus V enchantment item so at least could have been 3 higher dc and probably 4 when all is said and done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast