Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    Community Member hunzi2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    203

    Default No Min Lvl Rings & Gear + Masterful Craftsmanship ????

    Hello,

    I would just like to ask the developers as to why they have destroyed my gear?
    My no min lvl +6 stat rings and enhancement rings now all show a min lvl of 11???????
    and my masterful craftsmanship items that should be min lvl 10 now are min lvl 11, from standard of 12.
    and also my no min lvl clickies like detect secret doors, jump, tumble ect have all come up with string error in my inventory. and then when I click on them to move them they dissapear all gone. deleted?
    Any explanation on why you have destroyed my gear?
    this is beyond a joke, and an explanation would be nice, or some form of compensation.
    Its like I am feeling the need to cancel my VIP subscription and delete this game, as its becoming no fun at all and nothing but frustrating.
    please can you either send me en email if your a developer reading this if you dont wish to post a reply, just an answer would be nice.
    thanks.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    467

    Default

    the no ml rings were bugged we all knew that ...i spent days farming that chain for them..i had quite a few twink rings ...but i never posted a complain thread because i knew they were buggy and at any time could be fixed...i am just happy i got to use them as long as i did...

    the other issues you bring up are certainly open for complaint ...but items that were broken and got fixed arent really

  3. #3
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunzi2010 View Post
    Hello,

    I would just like to ask the developers as to why they have destroyed my gear?
    My no min lvl +6 stat rings and enhancement rings now all show a min lvl of 11???????
    and my masterful craftsmanship items that should be min lvl 10 now are min lvl 11, from standard of 12.
    For the nth+1 time, the devs did not touch your rings.
    In fact, that's why they changed - because the devs changed the system. It uses the stats of an item to calculate ML, unless it is named. Those rings aren't named - and +6 items are ML 11.

    I'd love to show some sympathy, but seriously, deal with it. If you own such a ring, you've played for longer than me... And I don't know why you'd need it in that case.
    Low levels are easy. Going from 1-7 naked (aside from a greataxe), still easy.

    Masterful craftsmanship? I'm can't comment on that, I didn't have anything with masterful craftsmanship on it. Too lazy to get around to it to be honest.

    As for clickies, mine are okay, so... Not much I can say.

    Oh, and not to mention... Those rings were bugged, as you should know.

  4. #4
    Community Member LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunzi2010 View Post
    Hello,

    I would just like to ask the developers as to why they have destroyed my gear?
    My no min lvl +6 stat rings and enhancement rings now all show a min lvl of 11???????
    and my masterful craftsmanship items that should be min lvl 10 now are min lvl 11, from standard of 12.
    and also my no min lvl clickies like detect secret doors, jump, tumble ect have all come up with string error in my inventory. and then when I click on them to move them they dissapear all gone. deleted?
    Any explanation on why you have destroyed my gear?
    this is beyond a joke, and an explanation would be nice, or some form of compensation.
    Its like I am feeling the need to cancel my VIP subscription and delete this game, as its becoming no fun at all and nothing but frustrating.
    please can you either send me en email if your a developer reading this if you dont wish to post a reply, just an answer would be nice.
    thanks.
    The joke's on you for spending time farming some obviously broken items, sad but true.
    Not only that but the defs found the source for these bugged items more then a few updates ago.
    And announced that they would fix the source of these items and they did.
    Not only that but they also clearly announced that they where reconsidering to fix the broken items them selfs but for then it wasn't on the program (yet).

    On the bright side: Ioun stones are the twink gear by the games designers choice.

    Here's on hoping that they pass out more official twink gear.

    One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

  5. #5
    Community Member hunzi2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    203

    Default

    No sympathy, bollocks, and there is no joke on me im sorry.
    I have spent up to date around the 3k in real money in the game, and now I am happy to say due to their stupid decisions that they are going to loose more income as my subscription will now finish end of september and I am looking for a new MMORPG as this game is no longer fun anymore and there is no point wasting my time farming for stuff when its going to get taken away from me in the future.
    might check out neverwinter or wow.

  6. #6
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Don't bother with nwo, they lose whole characters and are unable to recover them. Lost my main and an alt there, just gone poof, and couldn't be recovered.

  7. #7
    Founder Zor_Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    The joke's on you for spending time farming some obviously broken items, sad but true.
    Not only that but the defs found the source for these bugged items more then a few updates ago.
    And announced that they would fix the source of these items and they did.
    Not only that but they also clearly announced that they where reconsidering to fix the broken items them selfs but for then it wasn't on the program (yet).

    I guess. But the thing is, I spent some time building a bow for a very slow leveling char (I'm an uber-casual player) a while back. The bow was a simple Holy of Pure Good (+3). I participated in one of the Risa Ice Games and had Icy Burst Added to it. I did the basic ritual and got +1 of Force damage added to it as well. I don't remember but I think the bow didn't progress beyond lvl 10 and I'm pretty sure I got warnings about lvl changes and the bow did indeed undergo a level increase when altered. My char is lvl12. I've been using the bow for quite a while. Suddenly, this update moves the bow to lvl16...yes 16. That's *at least* four levels (and I think it was actually 6). They were *that* off?

    I also had a plain old +4 light mithral shield of devotion +12 USP, that I think jumped from 10 to 14...no extras at all...not named...just a plain old piece of loot.

    I wrote support and got the "we said we were changing it...tough." response. Yeah, I know that...but I didn't expect this. Especially on items that I modded at the alters and was *told* that the level was increasing.

    (edit - said Holy Burst instead of just Holy...)
    Last edited by Zor_Prime; 08-23-2013 at 11:17 PM.

  8. #8
    Founder & Hero Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    22,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunzi2010 View Post
    No sympathy, bollocks, and there is no joke on me im sorry.
    I have spent up to date around the 3k in real money in the game, and now I am happy to say due to their stupid decisions that they are going to loose more income as my subscription will now finish end of september and I am looking for a new MMORPG as this game is no longer fun anymore and there is no point wasting my time farming for stuff when its going to get taken away from me in the future.
    might check out neverwinter or wow.
    To expect them not to fix seriously broken items is misguided and good luck with NWO it's boring and as to wow they nerf(fix) things all the time and is boring as well but good luck to u

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  9. #9
    Community Member AbyssalMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunzi2010 View Post
    .
    Its like I am feeling the need to cancel my VIP subscription and delete this game, as its becoming no fun at all and nothing but frustrating.
    Cancel VIP, go premium, and no need to delete off your HD.
    The fact that Turbine keeps so many VIP's either means:
    • They are doing a good job and they are going to keep doing what "they do."
    • People are so accustomed to being abused by corporations (i.e. Stockholm Syndrome) that they come to expect it and need pain and sadness to exist.

    For the rest of us, we play but have moved past the 5 stages of grief. We play the game for what it is (and isn't).

  10. #10
    The Hatchery
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunzi2010 View Post
    No sympathy, bollocks, and there is no joke on me im sorry.
    I have spent up to date around the 3k in real money in the game, and now I am happy to say due to their stupid decisions that they are going to loose more income as my subscription will now finish end of september and I am looking for a new MMORPG as this game is no longer fun anymore and there is no point wasting my time farming for stuff when its going to get taken away from me in the future.
    might check out neverwinter or wow.
    k bye.
    Aqua/Blue/Green/Doombearded
    Unruly

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunzi2010 View Post
    No sympathy, bollocks, and there is no joke on me im sorry.
    I have spent up to date around the 3k in real money in the game, and now I am happy to say due to their stupid decisions that they are going to loose more income as my subscription will now finish end of september and I am looking for a new MMORPG as this game is no longer fun anymore and there is no point wasting my time farming for stuff when its going to get taken away from me in the future.
    might check out neverwinter or wow.
    RIFT is cool, pretty, free, and the store is low pressure + useful. Give it a try.

  12. #12
    Community Member hunzi2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    203

    Default

    What is Rift?
    have been doing some hunting around, and cant find any game style like DDO with the same style of chat ingame either.....
    do you mean to say that turbine has a unique game compared to others?
    mind you this is my first MMORPG I have ever played.
    I wonder if they would ever sell me the DVD of this game so I can play on my pc alone. I would pay for that.
    max lvl 20 no desties, no evening star, like it used to be. that would make me happy.....

  13. #13
    Community Member Bilger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunzi2010 View Post
    What is Rift?
    have been doing some hunting around, and cant find any game style like DDO with the same style of chat ingame either.....
    do you mean to say that turbine has a unique game compared to others?
    mind you this is my first MMORPG I have ever played.
    I wonder if they would ever sell me the DVD of this game so I can play on my pc alone. I would pay for that.
    max lvl 20 no desties, no evening star, like it used to be. that would make me happy.....
    DDO is very unique in combat, mostly instances, and less grinding of stupid fetch this kill a 100 of this quests every other mmo has.

    Saying that I have drifted when burnt here and played all sorts of MMO's RIFT is one of the better ones but at cap got burnt fast as it became a key spam this macro game.

    NWO is ok but got boring fast they tried to do same thing as TERA with a targeting FPS like playstyle and was fun at first but boring quick.

    Honestly I always end up back here haven't found any other MMO's that are like DDO and it's versatilty in builds and such.

    As far as what you lost you had to expect it would happen sooner or later. If didn't then I just don't know what can tell you that won't get you all crabby again.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

  14. #14
    Community Member hunzi2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Just so you guys are aware, when they anounced that the no mnin lvl rings were stopping, Turbine even stated that they were not going to touch them as they were going to be like a commemeration for ddo, and even a few of my guild members also remember this happening.
    so for all of you that keep telling me its bugged, there was no bug, and they were not supposed to be touched.

    I will give Rift a look, but alot of you on here and ingame have all told me that this style of MMO is unique and other are missing this or have no voice chat and you need a seperate chat server...
    so frustrating, maybe i need to give it a bit more time,. and keep doing some more testing.
    im gald i run 2 monitors, so at least when i smash one out of frustration i have a spare :P
    thanks all for the good and bad feedback.

  15. #15
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Neverwinter is a fine MMO, and I encourage you to give a try. I would also Suggest GW2, neither of them have in game voice chat, but Teamspeak or Mumble are Free to download, and quite a few guilds and groups use them

    I am sorry about your click items getting borked, and the change in ML's is very annoying, overall, the shift in gear this expansion again seems to be a sour note for quite a few people.

  16. #16
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunzi2010 View Post
    Just so you guys are aware, when they anounced that the no mnin lvl rings were stopping, Turbine even stated that they were not going to touch them as they were going to be like a commemeration for ddo, and even a few of my guild members also remember this happening.
    so for all of you that keep telling me its bugged, there was no bug, and they were not supposed to be touched.
    Obvious bug is obvious. I don't understand that you quit over something like this...

  17. #17
    Community Member relenttless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunzi2010 View Post
    No sympathy, bollocks, and there is no joke on me im sorry.
    I have spent up to date around the 3k in real money in the game, and now I am happy to say due to their stupid decisions that they are going to loose more income as my subscription will now finish end of september and I am looking for a new MMORPG as this game is no longer fun anymore and there is no point wasting my time farming for stuff when its going to get taken away from me in the future.
    might check out neverwinter or wow.
    I would ask if i can have your stuff, but it seems you don't have anything
    "Implosion: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

    "Some are insane, and the're in charge"

    Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    the no ml rings were bugged we all knew that ...i spent days farming that chain for them..i had quite a few twink rings ...but i never posted a complain thread because i knew they were buggy and at any time could be fixed...i am just happy i got to use them as long as i did...
    It's easy to say when you read forums and stuff about the game. Back then, I farmed those rings because I really thought they were twink gear and not some bugged item. Why the heck would just rings coming from one high level and kinda painful chain quest be bugged? It's not like it's something everyone knew. I wanted to get back in the game and TR, but this is exactly the kind of issue (not just that) that actually made me re-think my choice. It's not like if it's game breaking when the level cap is 28, right? Sure a +6 charisma + a power IV (or more) ring on a level 1 FVS/Sorc is crazy but it doesn't even make much a difference at that level. Did they fix the old Tempest Spine gear? Nope, they re-made the new one at a higher level while keeping the old one as they were. And some of those... are actually really overpowered. Maelstrom anyone?

    I think that when something doesn't actually hurt the game in general but has the power to make people mad and feel like they lost their time, you don't change it. Bugged or not. Unless there are really good reasons to do so such as game breaking.

    So yeah, I feel like the complaint makes sense even if it's too late and it's worth nothing.

    Let's have GS become 16-17, see how that goes.
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 08-28-2013 at 04:57 AM.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

  19. #19
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    It's easy to say when you read forums and stuff about the game. Back then, I farmed those rings because I really thought they were twink gear and not some bugged item. Why the heck would just rings coming from one high level and kinda painful chain quest be bugged? It's not like it's something everyone knew. I wanted to get back in the game and TR, but this is exactly the kind of issue (not just that) that actually made me re-think my choice. It's not like if it's game breaking when the level cap is 28, right? Sure a +6 charisma + a power IV (or more) ring on a level 1 FVS/Sorc is crazy but it doesn't even make much a difference at that level. Did they fix the old Tempest Spine gear? Nope, they re-made the new one at a higher level while keeping the old one as they were. And some of those... are actually really overpowered. Maelstrom anyone?

    I think that when something doesn't actually hurt the game in general but has the power to make people mad and feel like they lost their time, you don't change it. Bugged or not. Unless there are really good reasons to do so such as game breaking.

    So yeah, I feel like the complaint makes sense even if it's too late and it's worth nothing.

    Let's have GS become 16-17, see how that goes.
    Best course of action is to fix such bugs immediately, but then you will hear people say "if it benefits the players it gets fixed immediately". It's never good.

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Best course of action is to fix such bugs immediately, but then you will hear people say "if it benefits the players it gets fixed immediately". It's never good.
    Agreed on both points. Would prefer any items to be fixed real fast or not at all though personally. Unless it's game breaking.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload