Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default 40th Anniversary of D&D This Year

So the three little white books that were first edition were published in '74. I'm not sure if there's an exact date to be celebrated, but I'm hoping Turbine has something planned.

Anyone want to indulge in suggestions/wild speculation on what we might see?

Quote Originally Posted by Horza View Post
    So the three little white books that were first edition were published in '74. I'm not sure if there's an exact date to be celebrated, but I'm hoping Turbine has something planned.

Personally, I'd like a special standalone quest that involves a large, long dungeon, filled with monsters, and at the end of it, one big dragon hording a lot of special anniversary loot. Oh, and great GM voices narrating it.

And the quest should require the classic roles to complete (trapper, tanker, ranger, cleric).
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    Personally, I'd like a special standalone quest that involves a large, long dungeon, filled with monsters, and at the end of it, one big dragon hording a lot of special anniversary loot. Oh, and great GM voices narrating it.

And the quest should require the classic roles to complete (Thief, Fighting man, Magic user, Cleric).
    ftfy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Yes, we all know you were right back in 2009 before you took an arrow to the knee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    I wish there were a way to never see any of your posts.

The "Sundering" I happening, probably the reason they opened up faerun to us.

Well, we know there will the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar, so that's something! Narrated by Ed Greenwood himself!
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Default Temple of the Frog

A new dungeon based on one of the original set would be interesting. Or a splash page with the cover of the 'Eldritch Wizardry' book?
    Where is my Iludium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Well, we know there will the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar, so that's something! Narrated by Ed Greenwood himself!
    I am very excited for this, you should be too.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Oh trust me....I am STOKED for this . I love the idea of a "director's commentary" that I read about as well.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Not sure i'm so excited after what happened to the last guest narrators (Gygax/other guy i forget name who invented DnD). Isn't there memorials out there for some reason... doom doom...
    Proud member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy, but we get &@#$% done.

Kilthar-Thar-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Klunk-Robothar-Minithar-Tharissa-Miriella

Lightbulb Dungeon narration could be a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Oh trust me....I am STOKED for this . I love the idea of a "director's commentary" that I read about as well.
    You know, commentary could be a really fun thing to do for regular dungeons and adventures:

You toggle on the option at the dungeon difficulty selection screen and then throughout the quest the creator(s) of the dungeon tell about how they made it, what inspired them, what their favorite parts of it are, etc. For those interested, it could be a great feature that would make DDO even more unique.

lol, this is almost a good enough an idea to actual do.
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    You know, commentary could be a really fun thing to do for regular dungeons and adventures:

You toggle on the option at the dungeon difficulty selection screen and then throughout the quest the creator(s) of the dungeon tell about how they made it, what inspired them, what their favorite parts of it are, etc. For those interested, it could be a great feature that would make DDO even more unique.

lol, this is almost a good enough an idea to actual do.
    Nice idea. Should be an elite completion unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Enir View Post
    A new dungeon based on one of the original set would be interesting. Or a splash page with the cover of the 'Eldritch Wizardry' book?
    yeah, pls give me Tombs of Horror or Lost caverns of Tsojcanth

I hope it's "Keep on the Borderlands"!

sheesh am I really that old?
    "Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand"-Kurt Vonnegut

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthaag View Post
    yeah, pls give me Tombs of Horror or Lost caverns of Tsojcanth
    Tsojcanth, tomb, barrier peaks, TOEE...hmm a portal to Greyhawk should do the trick.

excited over something narrated by the guy who created that insipid snooze bag eliminster? Nope.

You know, to this day one of my favorites is In Search of the Unknown, where you explore an abandoned keep built into a mountain. No point to the quest, or real purpose, just pure exploration.

Quote Originally Posted by Veriden View Post
    excited over something narrated by the guy who created that insipid snooze bag eliminster? Nope.
    There's always that one guy......

Leader of The Dark Creed

They could bring back the nudity =P

Been playing since AD&D. All the harpies, mermaids, etc in my print monster manuals are Au Naturale.
    Around the late 90's they started getting self conscious so it would seem.

Community Member

Default For those of us that played the Red Box

Can we have an optional in one of the new quests to kill Bargle and rescue Aleena? This has haunted me since I was seven. I need some closure.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veriden View Post
    As long as the sound of his voice doesn't cast a no-save sleep spell like Gygax's and Arneson's do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Yes, we all know you were right back in 2009 before you took an arrow to the knee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    I wish there were a way to never see any of your posts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast