Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by schelsullivan View Post
    Yes thats the kind of numbers you get with Adrenaline + Slayer. I get 7 Adrenalines per rest by default, but then you add FoTW tier 4 Fury Eternal which procs extra Adrenalines on vorpal rolls and you get to use many more times than 7.

Note wiki says "Fury Eternal: Passive Bonus: +1 Adrenaline max use. Whenever you land a Vorpal Strike on a melee attack, 33% chance to regain 1 Adrenaline use."

It says melee attacks but im getting extra adrenalines with ranged attacks too. Sometimes im getting and extra 2-4 adrenalines while manyshooting.
    Cool & thanks for feedback. I have played on a FotW-THF-20Barbarian & a FotW-TWF-18Ranger/1rogue/1monk and familiar with regenerating Adrenaline charges but haven't personally done much ranged so wasn't sure... I suspected that was the case but wanted to verify to be sure for myself and others reading the thread (from a clarity standpoint) so really appreciate you confirming.

Default Inferno Shot counters stack with Improved Elemental Arrows (Fire)...

I did some testing with the imbues and for Bosses not immune to fire it looks like Inferno Shot counters stack with the counters given by crits with the enhancement Improved Elemental Arrows (Fire). Not sure how much 20d6 every 2 seconds helps with DPS nor whether it is affected by spell power but every crit helps add a stack or extend the 20d6 of fire damage every 2 seconds for mobs not immune to fire...

Does 20d6/2secs only add ~35 (3.5x20/2)to DPS?

Does anyone know if Spell Power &/or Meta-Magics affect any of the elemental or special Ranger shots ?

Hey you guys in this thread talking about manyshot (and 10kstars) negating Doubleshot feat/enhancements check out this thread here.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eally-worth-it

Ive done some quick testing (more to come) and think your wrong, Im getting doubleshot procs during and directly after manyshot. Im pure ranger so cant say anything about how this affect the monkcher toons.

BTW, havent seen any monkcher archers getting more kills that my pure ranger since update. Probably havent grouped with the right one yet

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Hmm wonder if this got changed since Lammania.

Well the fact is rangers have a higher base damage then a monkcher (on favored enemies) and now with doubleshot and archer's focus not working while 10k stars happens the ranged damage is closer between a monkcher and ranger. Ranged ranger also does not have to worry about wisdom like a 10k stars archer.

Like I said in an earlier post there are some other benefits to being a ranger which maybe not be enough to make up the difference in damage, but nonetheless. Like I said stealth on a pure ranger is very intriguing and the capstone for deepwood sniper is interesting as well as some of the higher level core abilities.

I argued on lammania for more doubleshot % and we may see that in the future with higher % doubleshot items which get a ranged ranger to 100% doubleshot.
    And monkchers do not need to worry about dexterity either since they get wisdom to hit...moot point. You could argue that combat archery may be beneficial if it ever worked, but even so, monkchers still have access to imp martial arts as well.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    And monkchers do not need to worry about dexterity either since they get wisdom to hit...moot point. You could argue that combat archery may be beneficial if it ever worked, but even so, monkchers still have access to imp martial arts as well.
    Have you confirmed that Improved Martial Arts applies to bows/ranged damage? Pre-U19 it did not.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Have you confirmed that Improved Martial Arts applies to bows/ranged damage? Pre-U19 it did not.
    Can't say for imp martial art but A Dance of Flowers or whatever it was called in the Granmaster ED that increased the [W] of ki weapons by 1.5 does affect bows.

Quote Originally Posted by saco View Post
    Is going all out Ranger worth going skipping 10k stars from Monk? Having a secondary many shot from 10k stars was awesome and essential to any dedicated range build, is that still the case or are there comparable builds now?
    If that bow ain't going back into nothingness being replaced by a pair of something, then your losing a great deal from not having 10k stars. Even with the new doubleshot thing, 10k would trump it in being up at a constant as well as the affirmed modifier instead of a 50% chance to fire 2 arrows from double.

As for the layout, im unsure if 12 monk is still the best split. Havn't looked into the new feats and stuff, but the main thing is earth stance. One, your gettn lots of prr. And 2, crit multi. Improved evade is pretty damn nice to.

I do know this, 2 fighter is a good ending. Action boosts, (30%) haste boost, hell even +3 to combat dc's if all hell breaks loose and ya gotta duke it out, or do a stun switch unload combo. But ya, if ur aiming for dedicated near never put the bow down (your destiny is fotw ftw btw) then 10k is for you.

Hell even if they gave an unending full time 100% doubleshot buff to a ranger, 10k would still match it if not overcome. Well unless the person slacked off on the wis. But hell with the gear and stats out now...
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

I could not help but notice that none of these monkchers post their damage per shot which is less then rangers fyi on favored and in general so even if the monkchers have more shots they do less damage per shot so this is not as big a difference as they all are making it seem.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I could not help but notice that none of these monkchers post their damage per shot which is less then rangers fyi on favored and in general so even if the monkchers have more shots they do less damage per shot so this is not as big a difference as they all are making it seem.
    Sure they might have lesser numbers but the extra shots from 10k stars is an overall avg of 100-125% extra shots. Not to mention with 10k stars you get a whole lot more procs for all you +x[W] die abilities and Slaying Arrow. Yeah my dmg might be a bit less but I get a whole bunch more procs which is the trade off and likely more that make up for are my impressions. Problem with favored enemy is that there is only a limited amount of FE you can select and to make it really effective you have to give up Slaying Arrow which I doubt most archers will give up due to the synergy it has with FotW.

You get 100-125% dps boost by going 6 monk and what do you get with going pure ranger? +4 more dmg on FE and an additional 2 FEs? A 15% Doubleshot that is not WAI likely as the debuff is not being applied to manyshot and 10k stars last I heard? FOM? Bout 4 dmg gained for not investing Wis? None of that looks appealing to give up to a 100+% overall dmg gain from 10k stars.

The gap is certainly a whole lot closer but a 100% ranged pew pew the Moncher still pulls ahead imo due to the synergy that the extra 10k star procs has with all the shots and just the overall dps increase from 10k stars. And the benefits of staying Ranger is incredibly underwhelming.

Personally I hate the Moncher as I think having to go 6 monk to be the best optimal archer is completely Fing retarded, but it is what it is. AA or DWS needs some serious buff or a feat that will be comparable to the 10k stars. But as some posters say "Turbine loves their P2W Monk class."

As someone who plays a monkcher, I have to say that I couldn't imagine going pure ranger and giving up 10K Stars. The extra shots account for quite a bit of damage, but, and more importantly, they count for more CROWD CONTROL. Even before we got Paralyzing Arrows, dedicated archers were best when combining CC effects with Manyshot/10K Stars and Improved Precise Shot, and I'll tell you that firing single arrows through a group is no where near as effective as doing so with one of the two multi-shot abilities.

On a similar note, I really don't think you need to worry about Paralyzing tiers 2 and 3. First, they are rather expensive (3 AP per tier, thanks to requiring the 2 AP per tier Terror Arrows), and second, when you're loosing so many arrows at a time, stuff is going to be rolling 1s often enough, and on EE, anyway, the difference between a DC 19 Will save and a DC 28 Will save is 0 when casters with an enchantment DC in the 50s is failing to hold mobs with some regularity. And trust me that Paralyzing Arrows are definitely useful in EE.

If you want to talk about DPS, though, the little bit of extra damage per shot gained from going pure ranger just doesn't stack up against the extra shots from 10K Stars, even before you start adding in things like Slayer Arrows and Adrenaline.
    Last edited by sephiroth1084; 10-08-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123