Community Member

Default The Sorc is kinda boring now....

Glad they didn't nerf the class but pretty boring compared to all the cool new stuff in the other classes.

My water savant is nearly the same as before except I do slightly more damage and I am now a water elemental!

I'm very happy with it, no matter what the other classes got, they didn't get to ascend to an elemental form, puny mortals, I shall engulf them all!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post
    My water savant is nearly the same as before except I do slightly more damage and I am now a water elemental!

I'm very happy with it, no matter what the other classes got, they didn't get to ascend to an elemental form, puny mortals, I shall engulf them all!
    Problem is that, in heroic levels, you don't really get to experience with the elemental form. And for epic level, being a 20 sorc is pretty sub-optimal survability wise. Sure, they didn't lose that much and are still a strong class in general but I don't think sorcs are any better than they used to be when it truely matters. It appears even more so when you compare them vs most of the other classes that really did get a buff and that are also easier to multiclass due to not losing high level spells and the possible synergy available.

As much as I don't mind the changes much... I can't seem to find a way to like them either. As you said, Sorcs are pretty much just like they used to be which is fine if you don't compare.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Community Member

Unless they're Druids, who've had water elemental since the beginning?

Elemental form isn't that great for sorcerers, in my opinion. Not only do druids get them earlier, but they also get spells that can only be used in that form which increase the effectiveness of their element. Not to mention that druids in elemental form, regardless of race, can self-heal without penalty.

Community Member EnjoyTheJourney's Avatar

My water savant will one day be a water elemental and she will become a wave that carries all before her.

Silly humans think they rule the world. But, they're made of 98% water and water is everywhere else, as well.

Regarding mechanics, as soon as possible I take maximize, empower, and heighten on damage-dealing caster characters now -- and on my druid quicken -- and with damage-dealing SLAs available earlier the heroic leveling process is much easier than under the old enhancements system.

I guess my standards aren't based on what the other classes got, but instead on what MMO's have done before with major revamps, on that standard I consider update 19 Sorcerors a major triumph of design!

Probably not the highest bar I've ever set, but in MMO's I've observed that rage quitters always have their bar of expectations set higher than experience tells them they should, I prefer to keep calm and carry on...
    Last edited by Daine; 08-22-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Community Member

Default They are just not as fun now.

I usually run an earth savant. I loved my rocky arm.
    People would ask "What's that thing on your arm for?" and I would say "For back-handing people who ask stupid questions." And we would all laugh.

But now I have to choose between having a rocky arm and not reducing my secondary elemental damage and being able to self heal. Wow talk about a demotion. It is a no brainer for me. So now I am an earth savant that doesn't look like it. I am, just not willing to give up the self heal for that last little bit of nuking power which is mostly negated by the fact that my secondary elemental spells are reduced anyway. What is the point?

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

you can take two savants now, if that didn't up your power I can't imagine what you did with your AP's

Community Member

Honestly I am dissapointed. I have 2 lvl pally splash so I will never get the elemental form (which I dont regret since I have seen it on lama - hey, I dont wanna look like druid). I am earth savant (the icon of elemental form looks like a p.o.o.p btw ) and I am really missing my rocky runearm too It looked pretty cool. And other savants too. Now when you are not in elemental form I cant even say if you are sorcerer + it was really nice to know who is what savant. I didnt get much profit from the new enhancements. I have lost hp, sp and spellpower in main elemental as well (I gained some spell power in other elements but...nvm).
    The only thing I am really happy about it is that I have 4 Lay on hands per rest instead of 1.
    Last edited by XBuX; 08-23-2013 at 05:32 AM.