Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Community Member brickwall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In Door's
    Posts
    453

    Default A little something for Completionist

    Completionist name turns orange.
    Double Completionists name turns red.
    Triple Completionists name turns purple.
    Completely Ascetic change simply to show off our accomplishments.
    Vertabreaker On Steam
    Vertabreaker's Power Hungry Quest TR 29 Of 40
    Encourage Self Sufficiency
    Power Gamer - Meta Gamer Since 1985


  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,152

    Default

    Completionist is an accomplishment?

  3. #3
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Completionist is an accomplishment?
    I'd say "If TRing was harder..." but I fear Devs making TRing longer.
    New xp system is bad enough.

    /Not signed. Not interested in having purple names.

  4. #4
    Community Member Shalexilf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brickwall View Post
    Completionist name turns orange.
    Double Completionists name turns red.
    Triple Completionists name turns purple.
    Completely Ascetic change simply to show off our accomplishments.

    I like where your heading but I also would not like it to have purple name rather have instead of Wings as most TR's have to have a different Symbol for completionist then a different symbol for double different for triple that would be nice. the symbols should of course be cosmetically pleasing.
    A drunk is in front of a judge. The judge says, 'You've been brought here for drinking.' The drunk says, 'Okay, let's get started.

    The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.

  5. #5
    Community Member brickwall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In Door's
    Posts
    453

    Default

    its all well and good for sub boss's to be orange main boss's to be red and super boss's to be purple named but suddenly when you apply the same system to a player its not, that's silly. 90% of the community would be unaffected there are not 100s of completionists running around every server let alone double or triple. Since they removed myddo there is no longer any proof when you say your a completionist or even a double or triple completionist. Where talking about a hand full of people per server my self being one of them. how can you call judgement on something that don't even effect you.
    Last edited by brickwall; 08-29-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    Vertabreaker On Steam
    Vertabreaker's Power Hungry Quest TR 29 Of 40
    Encourage Self Sufficiency
    Power Gamer - Meta Gamer Since 1985


  6. #6
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brickwall View Post
    Since they removed myddo there is no longer any proof when you say your a completionist or even a double or triple completionist. Where talking about a hand full of people per server my self being one of them.
    And this matters how? The good players know who the other good players are, their number of PLs doesn't matter.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3

    Default yes

    Quote Originally Posted by brickwall View Post
    Completionist name turns orange.
    Double Completionists name turns red.
    Triple Completionists name turns purple.
    Completely Ascetic change simply to show off our accomplishments.
    I think it sounds like a great idea sense you cant look up peoples toons anymore due to myddo being down.

  8. #8
    Community Member Shalexilf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brickwall View Post
    its all well and good for sub boss's to be orange main boss's to be red and super boss's to be purple named but suddenly when you apply the same system to a player its not, that's silly. 90% of the community would be unaffected there are not 100s of completionists running around every server let alone double or triple. Since they removed myddo there is no longer any proof when you say your a completionist or even a double or triple completionist. Where talking about a hand full of people per server my self being one of them. how can you call judgement on something that don't even effect you.

    This is a Public forum so everyone gets to weigh in. I cannot speak for others commenting but I am currently a Double Completionist on orien server 5 lives away from triple and right now not 100% sure if i want to go for triple but if I do I really do not want a Purple name because of it.
    A drunk is in front of a judge. The judge says, 'You've been brought here for drinking.' The drunk says, 'Okay, let's get started.

    The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.

  9. #9
    Community Member brickwall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In Door's
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalexilf View Post
    This is a Public forum so everyone gets to weigh in. I cannot speak for others commenting but I am currently a Double Completionist on orien server 5 lives away from triple and right now not 100% sure if i want to go for triple but if I do I really do not want a Purple name because of it.
    Suggest the addition of a toggle option if you don't want it then leave it off.
    Vertabreaker On Steam
    Vertabreaker's Power Hungry Quest TR 29 Of 40
    Encourage Self Sufficiency
    Power Gamer - Meta Gamer Since 1985


  10. #10
    Community Member Looting_Bin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    47

    Default

    ARE YOU PPL MAD????

    someone comes out with a decent idea where you can brag with out having to go up and say "I'M A COMPLETIONIST". I think its a great idea with minimal impack. not only that add a little toggle on if you don't want ppl to know... yeah right

    Dude 3 thumbs up
    And shepards we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
    Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
    And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it be....
    In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
    Just call me Big Ben

  11. #11
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    And this matters how? The good players know who the other good players are, their number of PLs doesn't matter.
    Exactly.
    That's why no matter how many PLs I get, I will never be a good player :P

    Quote Originally Posted by brickwall View Post
    its all well and good for sub boss's to be orange main boss's to be red and super boss's to be purple named but suddenly when you apply the same system to a player its not, that's silly. 90% of the community would be unaffected there are not 100s of completionists running around every server let alone double or triple. Since they removed myddo there is no longer any proof when you say your a completionist or even a double or triple completionist. Where talking about a hand full of people per server my self being one of them. how can you call judgement on something that don't even effect you.
    It does affect me. Seeing rainbow names would confuse my poor brain. I wouldn't be sure whether to heal you or try and kill you with Sireth.

    Failed humour aside, if you're going completionist for e-peen, you're doing it wrong.
    I do not care how many past lives you have. My mate is a triple completionist, he doesn't mention it, nor does he care. He worked out a while back it wasn't an achievement, simply because of how easy 1-20 is.

    Also, to say it doesn't affect me isn't quite right. Couple more weeks, I'll be among the "handful". If I have a shiny new coloured name, cool. I'll have to work out how to turn it off, because I do not see completionist, double or triple, as anything special, nor do I intend to use it for the sake of e-peen.

    In all seriousness, if you hit triple completionist and need something special so people know you've done it, you haven't left a very good impression with them while getting there, have you? Personally, if someone was saying "look at my triple completionist on myDDO" (when possible), I'd see them as a bad player that's spent a lot of time on the game, desperate for some attention.
    I know I sound like an ass, but I'm being honest. (Oh, and I'm tired. Blame the coffee being gone.)

  12. #12
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    5,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brickwall View Post
    Completionist name turns orange.
    I could support something like that. Though not orange name like mobs. Maybe shinier wings around the name or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by brickwall View Post
    Double Completionists name turns red.
    Triple Completionists name turns purple.
    Completely Ascetic change simply to show off our accomplishments.
    However, to the best of my knowledge, the game does not currently track or have any idea of the existence of "double" or "triple" Completionist. Messing around with the code to do so is more dev-time-intensive and riskier than the simple color change for (single) Completionist you mention above.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    I like the idea but only with the toggle option. Sometimes you want to brag but other times you don't want to be hounded by every noob asking for your help like your a movie star.

  14. #14
    Community Member Shalexilf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brickwall View Post
    Suggest the addition of a toggle option if you don't want it then leave it off.
    but... . but... No! cuz I want a different color to my name just not purple.

    I do like toggle idea no matter what they might do though. rather 1st time compeltionist to get purple and triple get red .

    its like I am talking to a brickwall here
    Last edited by Shalexilf; 09-02-2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: typo like always
    A drunk is in front of a judge. The judge says, 'You've been brought here for drinking.' The drunk says, 'Okay, let's get started.

    The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload