Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    Well... I came to the conclusion that his posts were all jokes or simply no joke at all. Too bad I ended up thinking it was the later.
    I take it back he was serious.........

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    Or my mental acuity lacks, my motor skills, lag on old pc.

Im too gimp to do explorer areas, I am not a monk or sprint boosted, or have wings.

Haste, and striding arent enough for me to beat his speed.

I dont know what to tell you, you dont have to use the Mounts, you dont have to toggle on the guided animation path, and you don't have to be teleported there. But I want to, it helps me. There was a teleport feature from the lfm panel,buthy never fixed it and now want astral shards for it.

I don't want to pay astral shards that are directly tied to real currency. And, so why not?

This won't help me get teleported to a chest, or suddenly dominating ee content.

I wont be in your guild, in your group.

I will be ablle to get there by myself. And if i cant do it at any level, I will look for lfms and know how to get there, every time.
    It's just... you seem to want this game to be another game instead of adapting to it. I can understand your reasons and complaints, sure. But I also understand what this one game is. And it might no be what you're looking for.

And I didn't mean you can do it in the exact same time with buffs or without buffs, that is not important at all. What I meant is that from thinking it's a disaster and you need mounts or teleportation from understanding it can be done in +/- 3mins... there is a huge gap.

To Charononus : Hehe, I knew it.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

The irritation factor for myself is not anything that has to do with Pay to Win, XP/Min, skipping content, or any of the other points that have been brought up with the exception of some of Chai's.

To paraphrase:
    I pay a monthly subscription. I DO NOT want to be reminded every time I click an NPC that I have the option to spend more money to avoid parts of the game. Yes, they can be ignored. Yes, the explorers are really nicely done and a lot of fun.

But please, do not fill up my screen with advertisements every time I turn around begging for more cash. It's annoying in the extreme.
    Please, and Thank you Turbine.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    It's just... you seem to want this game to be another game instead of adapting to it. I can understand your reasons and complaints, sure. But I also understand what this one game is. And it might no be what you're looking for.

And I didn't mean you can do it in the exact same time with buffs or without buffs, that is not important at all. What I meant is that from thinking it's a disaster and you need mounts or teleportation from understanding it can be done in +/- 3mins... there is a huge gap.

To Charononus : Hehe, I knew it.
    Getting to quests for me doesnt change the way you play or what the game is. It helps people get to the quests without charging astral shards. I cant ge there in 3 mins or I would. Sorry. I like playing casual difficulty by myself. I would enjoy the quest more if it were easier to get to. Why does it seem like that suddenly changes the way you play the game. Or it makes the game different? But yet by charging astral shards for it makes it not an issue somehow then?

Getting to quests for me doesnt change the way you play or what the game is. It helps people get to the quests without charging astral shards. I cant ge there in 3 mins or I would. Sorry. I like playing casual difficulty by myself. I would enjoy the quest more if it were easier to get to. Why does it seem like that suddenly changes the way you play the game. Or it makes the game different? But yet by charging astral shards for it makes it not an issue somehow then?
    This is funny we both want faster ways to the quest for completely different reasons, I think the explorers are no reward and no challenge, and if they have to stay I'd like to see the mobs in them ramped up to ee difficulties so you have to be awake when going thru them.

Community Member

Charging astral shards to make it to the quest is absurd but that doesn't change what I said.

Since we simply don't share the same view on most likely everything, anything else I could add would be harmful and not needed so... Have a nice day!
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    This is funny we both want faster ways to the quest for completely different reasons, I think the explorers are no reward and no challenge, and if they have to stay I'd like to see the mobs in them ramped up to ee difficulties so you have to be awake when going thru them.
    Right, but Im not as good as a lot of you are at the game. I wouldnt be able to get to the quest if the mobs were ee. I cant find them now anyway. Unless I give them astral shards for a teleport. Why cant we get that to change?

What is it going to turn me in Shata and let me solo ee fot? No, I just want to get there easy peazy, like when they thought of implementing a teleport from lfm feature. That didnt cost any thing.

Default BTW Teh Troll

You get 10/10 on this thread.

It's just about got everything

game is to easy
    game is to hard
    p2w
    don't turn this into wow
    rp
    powergaming

The list could go on and on. Congrats

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

I look forward to seeing it, if so I'll be very surprised, it's one of those things where people say ss or it didn't happen from honestly disbelieving it's possible, if that makes sense.
    I've no need to bs. YouTube uploading and processing as we speak. See previous post for the link.

I do expect you to come back and acknowledge the lack of bs when its finished

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    I've no need to bs. YouTube uploading and processing as we speak.

I do expect you come back and acknowledge the lack of bs when its finished
    I'll acknowledge when I'm wrong, I fight tooth and nail till it's proven though.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    To paraphrase:
    I pay a monthly subscription. I DO NOT want to be reminded every time I click an NPC that I have the option to spend more money to avoid parts of the game. Yes, they can be ignored. Yes, the explorers are really nicely done and a lot of fun.

But please, do not fill up my screen with advertisements every time I turn around begging for more cash. It's annoying in the extreme.
    Damn straight. These micro payment in game ads are a cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post

Over-exaggerate much?
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

You get 10/10 on this thread.

It's just about got everything

game is to easy
    game is to hard
    p2w
    don't turn this into wow
    rp
    powergaming

The list could go on and on. Congrats
    The best trolls are the unintended trolls. I'm loving that this went on for 6 more pages after admitting I was wrong.

I have screenshots of the locations of all the teleporters now. If I was a good person I'd post them here.

But I am not a good person.

Until the powers that be listen to the (almost?) unanimous loathing of the AS they're determined to insinuate into our gaming experience, I'll just go out of my way to avoid them.

Want to bypass a quest for your epic saga? Sure, just a few AS! Want to free that Wheloon prisoner who somehow isn't convinced despite your 52 wisdom score? Just a few more AS! Want to go straight to that quest entrance when there's a perfectly good free camp you just need to make some small effort to find? All yours for a few more AS! Want to avoid burning your collectibles rolling for some random augments? Choose the one you want for just a miniscule number of AS! Want to increase the ransack counter on that chest and roll for more random rubbish? Look how easy we've made it for you, half the time you won't even realise you're doing it! Want to see a permanent onscreen reminder of your AS balance incase you think it's dangerously low and you might suddenly have an epiphany and be compelled to spend some TP? No problem, you got it!

It's tacky as hell. No question about it. As a VIP I want the option to remove it all from my gameplay. If that means I need to pay more to be a VIP+ then I'll do it in a second.

Until that happens, I'm determined not to let it spoil my personal gaming experience and until it wears me down to the point that I'm sick to death of it, I'll do my best to get as much immersion and enjoyment from the game as I can.

I understand this point of view. I agree with a lot of it. I also made the decision to not get annoyed every time I see an astral shard option because, frankly, it is nothing more than another form of in game currency that can be earned and treated just like platinum IF players choose not to purchase AS from the DDO store.

It's a personal choice, but since I never have purchased astral shards using TPs, and I never intend to, it's easy enough to break the link that astral shards = $$, because, for me, they do not.

Once I've incorporated astral shards into my game play as just another virtual in game currency and something as valued/valueless as platinum, to be earned and traded for in game with virtual objects, then not only do I avoid an acute case of Chaitus where I see greedy hands reaching for my wallet from every shadowed corner of the game, but my game experience isn't broken every time I see an AS option since I no longer equate AS with $.

I understand that other players can purchase as many AS's as they desire in order to pay for things I don't care to pay for, but for me this game has never been about what everyone else has, it's been about how much fun I am having. Because, in the end, it's all about me.
    Last edited by Postumus; 08-23-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I understand this point of view. I agree with a lot of it. I also made the decision to not get annoyed every time I see an astral shard option because, frankly, it is nothing more than another form of in game currency that can be earned and treated just like platinum IF players choose not to purchase AS from the DDO store.

It's a personal choice, but since I never have purchased astral shards using TPs, and I never intend to, it's easy enough to break the link that astral shards = $$, because for me, they do not. Once I've incorporated astral shards into my game play as yet another virtual in game currency and something as valued/valueless as platinum, to be earned and traded for in game with virtual objects (just like platinum), and then not only do I avoid an acute case of Chaitus where I see greedy hands reaching for my wallet from every shadowed corner of the game, but I actually use them for conveniences or bartering rather than hoard them as though they were worth actual, real world money.
    You may not have paid for them but someone did. It doesn't change that they are a representation of real world currency.

I've no need to bs. YouTube uploading and processing as we speak. See previous post for the link.

I do expect you to come back and acknowledge the lack of bs when its finished
    I'm still getting a processing error and it's been a few hours. I've just never uploaded a video to youtube before is that normal?

It's been mentioned that big wildy areas are bad design. I ask: What would you prefer? Imagine the 1000 or so players logged in to your server all standing in one big room with 300 doors leading to every quest in the game. Compared to the many other ways to design a huge game world, DDO's way is pretty darn good.

The thing is, MMOs need a few key sinks. Gold sinks, $ sinks, and Time sinks for example. Look at other MMOs and their GIgantic, non-instanced game worlds. Even WITH premium fast travel options like mounts and teleports, those areas take obscene amounts of time to traverse. Respect to J.R.R., but walking from the Shire to Mordor is NOT for me.
    Here in DDO we have it GOOD. Our quests are organized into packs and the packs include beautiful, INSTANCED wildys to provide a level of time sink. Time sink with the added benefit of rare encounters, loot, XP, etc. And for those willing and able to pay for the convenience, there is now a paid option to reduce that time. For those that like free, the time sink still exists, but with the convenience of free teleport locations, find them once and they're yours.

Honestly I've somehow missed any threads complaining about wilderness areas in DDO since I've been here. Most (well ALL) of the players I've met either love the wilds or at least have no real problem with them. The only negative thing I've said or heard about is that Kings Forest is difficult to get slayers in because it's so sparsely populated.

Anyways, I for one am happy that DDO has designed their time sink wildys as beautifully and as functionally as they have. And I'm also happy that DDO is adding more ways for paying customers to spend their money.

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    Indeed. I can't wait to see the wiki entry for these once people figure out what the success checks are. Pretty sure I tried the intelligence check with a 51 int and failed that too.
    I have a wis 58 & diplo 60 ..had no trouble

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

I'll acknowledge when I'm wrong, I fight tooth and nail till it's proven though.
    That sounds reasonable.

So you'll be the first to acknowledge that you're wrong here then?

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

I'm still getting a processing error and it's been a few hours. I've just never uploaded a video to youtube before is that normal?
    I prefer to upload stuff at highest quality so it takes longer than usual.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast