Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 192
  1. #61
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    And where is your self honesty or have you never run through Giant Hold or the Sands?
    Just been thinking about this and here is the difference. Sands, gh, orchard, vale, etc I can use an invis scroll or pot and run to the entrance of the quest from the main zone entrance before the scroll runs out. You can't do that in the stormhorns. These other zones have benefits for those that like explorers though.
    Orchard -- taps farming that can be sold for plat if you don't need the helms
    GH -- Relic farming
    Sands -- Gear
    Vale -- gs base crafting ings

    I'm glad some people got something they like, but I and those like me are either forced to play content we hate or use a cash shop option.

  2. #62
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    You're not being forced to play content you don't like. You're being forced to play the content as the developers set it up.

    I fail to see how this is any different or worse than the tedium associated with several raids -- except that at least this can be skipped if you really hate it enough.

  3. #63
    Community Member Deathdefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Just for the record:

    Remember King's Forest? Remember the enormous trek to Unquiet Graves? The endless exploration to find the PDK outpost and then the exploration to find The Lost Thread?

    Remember trying to find Schindyllryn the first time?

    Remember Belly of the Beast?

    Remember the Demonweb quests and trying to find those?

    Pretty sure Astral Shards isn't, at least re: quest placement in explorer zones, responsible.

    The statement that "Irritation has been programmed in because there are Astral Shards now" is a very weak showing of logic and memory.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

  4. #64
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    my post is over-reacting.
    Heh... Zing! Sig-worthy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  5. #65
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    a very weak showing of logic and memory.
    Damn... another great quote... This describes 95% of the posts on these boards...

    Look at all the people playing with the new systems, when we had nothing but DDOOOOOOMMMM posts for 4 months before.

    And we'll have DOOOOOOM posts again when the next change is announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  6. #66
    The Hatchery Enoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Are you intending on running these quests at all for loot? The only loot worth a damn is in the two furthest away quests.

    Wheeloon is another bucket of stupid with confusing pathing, but the loot there sucks so bad one-and-done is good enough.
    Nope, XP and Loot are bonus, for me it is the distraction of something fun, shooting the breeze with guild mates and passing the time.

  7. #67
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Damn... another great quote... This describes 95% of the posts on these boards...

    Look at all the people playing with the new systems, when we had nothing but DDOOOOOOMMMM posts for 4 months before.

    And we'll have DOOOOOOM posts again when the next change is announced.
    Ironic how some of the loudest doomers and haters change their tune when they actually PLAY what they are dooming and hating about instead of feeding off the doom and hate of others that have not played it themselves.

    Wonder if they have ever heard of the boy that cried wolf?

    Not surprising that nobody believes anything that they say anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  8. #68
    2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Just for the record:

    Remember King's Forest? Remember the enormous trek to Unquiet Graves? The endless exploration to find the PDK outpost and then the exploration to find The Lost Thread?

    Remember trying to find Schindyllryn the first time?

    Remember Belly of the Beast?

    Remember the Demonweb quests and trying to find those?

    Pretty sure Astral Shards isn't, at least re: quest placement in explorer zones, responsible.

    The statement that "Irritation has been programmed in because there are Astral Shards now" is a very weak showing of logic and memory.
    the irritation has been programmed in for a very long time. remember all the complaints about low xp quests, like IQ? remember all the complaints about how long it takes to cap? I actually expect irritation to be programmed into a game that relies on profit to keep the lights on and grow. the degree of how much irritation is the problem for some of us dooo000ooomers that has steadily increased and over the past couple years its become more and more blatant and in your face about it. we all know the real reason why we have a shard counter that cant be disabled on the UI. it serves no other purpose than to remind us we have the option to spend. I said this back when we first found out about P2WAH, they want AS to be successful. and here it is. everywhere you look, we have the option to spend AS or told where to buy AS with a helpful shortcut to get there.

    the forums may be overwhelming with support on the whole P2W and AS, but I wonder how many people actually talk to friends/guildies/pugs about whats going on. I hear the total opposite in the game the majority of the time. more and more people I talk to aren't liking this bold and obvious move that Turbine is doing.

  9. #69
    Hero NancyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Good to know, these mapped out any place?

    In the case of the Stormhorns it wouldn't bother me except for the pathing of the quests in the North east deliberately requiring you to run to the west and up the mountain. I don't mind paying for convenience per se . .. but making something intentionally a chore is just absurd.
    Sad you find it a chore. I enjoy running up. I escorted a friend up last night even though I had the north camp, just for the adventure of it. And to get red alert and kill him. Lol. But that's a different story....

    If you don't enjoy that wilderness area, bah, that's one tuf customer.
    /Nancy

    NancyPDoyle, Dubitable, Bluer, Perisher, NPD, OttoAttack, and others, all on Khyber

  10. #70
    Hero NancyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Just for the record:

    Remember King's Forest? Remember the enormous trek to Unquiet Graves? The endless exploration to find the PDK outpost and then the exploration to find The Lost Thread?

    Remember trying to find Schindyllryn the first time?

    Remember Belly of the Beast?

    Remember the Demonweb quests and trying to find those?

    Pretty sure Astral Shards isn't, at least re: quest placement in explorer zones, responsible.

    The statement that "Irritation has been programmed in because there are Astral Shards now" is a very weak showing of logic and memory.
    This.

    And also it was a pleasure running one of these on ee with you and thank you for your patience as we wended our way up the mountain.

    I had forgotten how much your rogue rocks. He is very much built for this content.
    /Nancy

    NancyPDoyle, Dubitable, Bluer, Perisher, NPD, OttoAttack, and others, all on Khyber

  11. #71
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Just for the record:

    Remember King's Forest? Remember the enormous trek to Unquiet Graves? The endless exploration to find the PDK outpost and then the exploration to find The Lost Thread?

    Remember trying to find Schindyllryn the first time?

    Remember Belly of the Beast?

    Remember the Demonweb quests and trying to find those?

    Pretty sure Astral Shards isn't, at least re: quest placement in explorer zones, responsible.

    The statement that "Irritation has been programmed in because there are Astral Shards now" is a very weak showing of logic and memory.
    Getting to most of those quests is dumb.

    Poorly designed, possibly, might be the poorest of any MMO.

    Why should the quests be so difficult to get to. Not like their ancient broken map design is helping either.

  12. #72
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    3,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    Getting to most of those quests is dumb.

    Poorly designed, possibly, might be the poorest of any MMO.

    Why should the quests be so difficult to get to. Not like their ancient broken map design is helping either.
    Large, well-designed wilderness areas are all part of a good immersive experience.

    Anyone who doesn't ooooh and aaahhhh the first time they go into the Underdark clearly has no soul and should stick to Mario-whatever.

  13. #73
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Large, well-designed wilderness areas are all part of a good immersive experience.

    Anyone who doesn't ooooh and aaahhhh the first they go into the Underdark clearly has no soul and should stick to Mario-whatever.
    You should stick to ohh and ahhing by yourself.

    Poorly designed,, hard to get to the actual quests., no mounts.

    Garbage

  14. #74
    The Hatchery zwiebelring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Where are those people who vehemently denied irritation would be designed into the game in order to get people to pay a$tral $hards for more convenience? Now that they ended up being incorrect, they will attempt to casually dismiss this as not having much impact, completely failing to realize this is a test run, to see how many people will pay to use this convenience feature.
    Looks more that way, unfortunately. It is like putting a frog in warm water suddenly or let him boil slowly. 1st frog survives, 2nd frog....

    I like the areas, though. I am enjoying The Underdark, King's Forest and Storm Horns. But I don't like the trend.
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 08-23-2013 at 06:45 AM.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

  15. #75
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    3,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    You should stick to ohh and ahhing by yourself.

    Poorly designed,, hard to get to the actual quests., no mounts.

    Garbage
    Mounts? Catch a grip. What sort of camel do you want to ride around the Underdark?

    Of course the best way to improve your ability to navigate these areas is to experience them yourself and not look for shortcuts ... like .... mounts .... I can't believe you really said that ... oh wait, Neverwinter announced some sort of pig you could ride during a thing at GenCon. Only good pig is a crispy pig and in a sammich.

    But I do accept that what I find easy, you may find difficult and where I see no difficulty you might find great hardship. I can only speak for myself.

  16. #76
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Mounts? Catch a grip. What sort of camel do you want to ride around the Underdark?

    Of course the best way to improve your ability to navigate these areas is to experience them yourself and not look for shortcuts ... like .... mounts .... I can't believe you really said that ...

    But I do accept that what I find easy, you may find difficult and where I see no difficulty you might find great hardship. I can only speak for myself.
    Difficulty means not easy fast convenient to get to.

    Yes, mounts. Camels, horses, giant polka dotted lady bugs that fly really slow. I'd even take a flying mario turtle. Lol @ grip... cant believe you really just thought and said that.

    Way to improve navigating ability is to limit it to the an option if that is what one enjoys. Although I'm sure most would like to just gett to the quest. Short cut?? Oh, you mean Long way purposely and poorly designed.. Gotcha

  17. #77
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    6,057

    Default

    As one who enjoys explorer areas, i must say that the large ones we get nowadays are wonderful. If you consider the fact that you can teleport to the harper camps when you have found them, you only have to run through the explerer once, and you dont even have to find all the journals to get relatively quickly to the quests.

    As for whelon, i cant wait to get my ranged toons in there. Lots of rooftops etc to shoot from.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  18. #78
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    3,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    Short cut?? Oh, you mean Long way purposely and poorly designed.. Gotcha
    That's not what a shortcut is. I think you're derailing your own argument. Please don't project your lack of understanding onto me.

    If you don't know where a quest is then of course it will take you longer to get there.

    When you do know where it is, you will get there in no time.

    If you want to pay AS to save yourself any effort then that's your choice, but it's not one that I'll ever use, the 3 free to use harper camps in the Storm Horns are more than enough for me.

  19. #79
    Hero Gkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Where are those people who vehemently denied irritation would be designed into the game in order to get people to pay a$tral $hards for more convenience? Now that they ended up being incorrect, they will attempt to casually dismiss this as not having much impact, completely failing to realize this is a test run, to see how many people will pay to use this convenience feature.
    You can twist anything to try and make you feel right, can't you? Well sorry, your logic doesn't follow. IF they hadn't put in the free teleports you would have a point, as it is the design is similar to the older explorer areas that required a run (going back as far as Restless Isles), except they have also added an additional shortcut. There is a reason the OP changed his mind on the first page.

    Personally I think this strikes a nice balance between those that love large explorer areas and those that detest them.
    Last edited by Gkar; 08-23-2013 at 07:28 AM.

  20. #80
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    That's not what a shortcut is. I think you're derailing your own argument. Please don't project your lack of understanding onto me.

    If you don't know where a quest is then of course it will take you longer to get there.

    When you do know where it is, you will get there in no time.

    If you want to pay AS to save yourself any effort then that's your choice, but it's not one that I'll ever use, the 3 free to use harper camps in the Storm Horns are more than enough for me.
    You're projecting actually. Derailment? Funny. Argument is vast explorer areas are time consuming to get to the quests. Maybe you just like seeing yourself type?

    Astral Shards are what is wrong with the explorers. If u enjoy explorer areas so much then go freaking do them, leave the rest of us with an option not to. No one is stopping you, so why are you even commenting here?

    As for the what a shortcut is. Why isnt there a quick easy way to get to the quests, no one is stopping you from hiking it pal

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload