Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Insanely large explorer areas with Pay2Win to avoid

Having quests that take 10ish minutes to run to but can be accessed instantly with Astral Shards is absurd and you should be ashamed of yourselves. The Stormhorn's pathing looks to be deliberately setup with way.

Turbine . . . are you really that desperate for cash?

There are stones that you find close by each quest that allow completely free transport. However the first time you run in the area you can definitely waste a lot of your xp pot and buffs just trying to the quests.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

And for me 1/2 the fun of a new explorer area is running the whole explorer area first finding all of it's secrets and then running the quests.

I did see that both the Storm horns and Prison had this feature, but I've personally chosen to ignore it.

However, I'm not an XP/MIN stress type person. I prefer the journey over the destination.

Upon first entry into the zone, I thought "Cool, a teleport guy! They're listening to us!".
    Then I opened the dialogue box and saw it ALL cost astral shards.

I already pay a subscription, you guys are starting to be like that guy you loan a few bucks to one day and before you know it, they're hitting you up every time you turn around so you start to avoid them.

Don't be "that" guy.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

If they had made the wilderness smaller I wonder how many people would complain that they had been ripped off. Don't want to use shards then
    don't. I'm personally glad the area is so huge, I've had a lot of fun running around in there so far.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

I can see this happening in more places. It really is absurd but this is Turbine, WB or whoever is pulling the strings after all.

Community Member

I didnt want to be the guy who posted this, so glad its just not me who was disappointed in this. I already pay VIP for access to the quests and now I should pay again for access to the quests?

If they had filled the area with interesting stuff, maybe I could have been ok with it, but its just a huge boring map. I know because I spent two hours exploring it last night

We are getting to the type of game where Turbine has no long term view of customers at all - just grab as much as they can in the short term and hope the freemium model will bring more suckers along soon

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    There are stones that you find close by each quest that allow completely free transport. However the first time you run in the area you can definitely waste a lot of your xp pot and buffs just trying to the quests.
    Good to know, these mapped out any place?

In the case of the Stormhorns it wouldn't bother me except for the pathing of the quests in the North east deliberately requiring you to run to the west and up the mountain. I don't mind paying for convenience per se . .. but making something intentionally a chore is just absurd.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

First run in the Storm Horns, we explored the whole thing, found all the quests, tagged the 3 camps, tagged all the explorers, opened up the map.

It might put you off running the quests, but they're pretty straight forward to get to once you've got is sussed.

Oh yeah, and without an XP pot, we got 306k from that run.

Really? Have you guys even been in that area at all? You DON'T need to pay a darn thing. Just find the teleport points just like GH has.

I love bashing Turbine as much as the next person but only when it's deserved.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    However, I'm not an XP/MIN stress type person. I prefer the journey over the destination.
    Are you intending on running these quests at all for loot? The only loot worth a damn is in the two furthest away quests.

Wheeloon is another bucket of stupid with confusing pathing, but the loot there sucks so bad one-and-done is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    Really? Have you guys even been in that area at all? You DON'T need to pay a darn thing. Just find the teleport points just like GH has.
    Are the teleport points int he same place every time?

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Are you intending on running these quests at all for loot? The only loot worth a damn is in the two furthest away quests.

Wheeloon is another bucket of stupid with confusing pathing, but the loot there sucks so bad one-and-done is good enough.
    Nah, Wheloon's easy to find your way around once you run about it a bit, it's nowhere near as big as it first seems. Once you suss out to get to the north section you just run around the rooftops to the west, then you're sorted.

Community Member

However, I'm not an XP/MIN stress type person. I prefer the journey over the destination.[/QUOTE]

so well said... I have had some of the best ddo fun running around the new explorer arrears. Totally love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I can see this happening in more places. It really is absurd but this is Turbine, WB or whoever is pulling the strings after all.
    Its zynga type of money grab.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign

Are the teleport points int he same place every time?
    Yip, fixed camp spots. tag them and you can teleport directly there.

Community Member

Exclamation Turd Cash Grab

Turbine . . . are you really that desperate for cash?
    Far more desperate unfortunately

Good to know, these mapped out any place?

In the case of the Stormhorns it wouldn't bother me except for the pathing of the quests in the North east deliberately requiring you to run to the west and up the mountain. I don't mind paying for convenience per se . .. but making something intentionally a chore is just absurd.
    I don't think they are marked on the one map that I have seen and I really can't describe where they are until I get back on and get into the map. They are there though and they put you close to the quests.
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Nah, Wheloon's easy to find your way around once you run about it a bit, it's nowhere near as big as it first seems. Once you suss out to get to the north section you just run around the rooftops to the west, then you're sorted.
    The wheeloon loot is so lousy it's not worth the time to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Yip, fixed camp spots. tag them and you can teleport directly there.
    Thank you.

If this is the case then my post is over-reacting.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast