Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    The only meaningful way it's "not the same as the quest" is that it doesn't give as much XP. Your complaints all boil down to not being able to grind efficiently.

Yet these are the highest level quests in the game right now. What is the point in grinding them?
    I have a hard time getting to them. I dont mind having an easy quest on casual. Why is this bad?

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Not surprising that nobody believes anything that they say anymore.
    Or perhaps it would be more alarming to know they DO believe it?

I fail to see how this is any different or worse than the tedium associated with several raids -
    I agree. As Q said:

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    the irritation has been programmed in for a very long time. r
    All MMOs have a tedium, or irritant of some kind. They are designed to keep you playing, keep grinding. Ah, yes, DDO, the "no grind" MMO ... how well I remember.

I have not run the new area but I do not mind explorers - run them all everywhere; I do like the journey. That being said, this play style isn't for others and I recognize that. I agree with the sentiment that the continued pervasive placement of Astral Shard marketing everywhere in the game is a turn-off to immersion and playing. How far as a player base have we become indoctrinated though that you paid to buy a pack and we are not surprised of an AS option of a pay to port? More a la carte to come, I have no doubt.

If they gave a ViP option to ignore AS marketing, I would go back to ViP. Then again, as DDO needs every dollar it can muster, including the ViP base to spend money for AS, this will never occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    This describes 95% of the posts on these boards...
    Can't help but wonder if you include your own posts in that percentage ...
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Want to go straight to that quest entrance when there's a perfectly good free camp you just need to make some small effort to find? All yours for a few more AS!
    Small effort no. I've spent 3 hours in there before the map was up and haven't found them. It's a huge effort that's the problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Small effort no. I've spent 3 hours in there before the map was up and haven't found them. It's a huge effort that's the problem.
    When did the magic (and fun) of discovering new content by ourselves simply vanished? What's 3 hours in the following hundreds you'll be spending playing that game? Is that such a big "effort"?
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

I normally don't do requests for minions, but here's a link of the 48 seconds it took to get to Lines of Supply. It'll be ready when YouTube has finished uploading and processing.

EDIT: Just to make clear. That's not 48 seconds from the nearest Harper Camp. That's 48 seconds from the Storm Horn loading screen from Eveningstar to having the Lines of Supply quest window open.
    That and trackers trap are the two easiest to find and closest to the door. Try Something like Breaking the ice or what goes up.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    I have a hard time getting to them. I dont mind having an easy quest on casual. Why is this bad?
    This is one of the two highest-end areas in the game. I don't think it's so bad that it requires a few minutes of running to get to a quest entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    When did the magic (and fun) of discovering new content by ourselves simply vanished? What's 3 hours in the following hundreds you'll be spending playing that game? Is that such a big "effort"?
    One of the draws of this game for me was it's philosophy of spend time in the quest not getting to the quest. That's pretty much dead with the current devs. Funny thing is that other mmo's are now doing things with instant teleports to dungeons for people like me, and ddo the game that was originally the spend time in the quest is now making me run thru non challenging areas. Here's an idea to get me to like them, crank the explorer area mobs up to ee levels. Then at least they'd be a challenge, even if there is no other reward.

It is and yet it isn't, I've spent a couple hours trying to find the stormhorns quests, still haven't found them all and only found one camp site. It's worse than restless isles and I wish I never paid money for this pos expansion with this bs explorers and lame quests.

When I started playing DDO part of the description was spend time in the quest not time getting to the quest, this was a big draw to me, and I'm sad that it's moving away from it and to cash shop options if you want to play that way still.
    I understand what you are saying here because that one factor is the main thing that made me stick with this game instead of WoW way back in 2006. I hate the explorer areas. However, the change to add these areas has nothing to do with the cash game, they have been moving this way for a long time, with each explorer area getting bigger and bigger, and yet this is the first one with a $ factor. Sure they took advantage of the game design to make some $, but all evidence points to this being a natural development progression for them, and not a money grab, as clearly a lot of people LOVE these areas.

I try not to cast judgement on the zerg through TRs, grind each quest 10x each crowd... Some of them really enjoy that... but there's something really wrong with you if you can't enjoy new content even the FIRST time because xp/min is always on your mind.
    I agree with Thrudh on this post. The rest of you might want to be on the look out for a vortex opening up....
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Damn... another great quote... This describes 95% of the posts on these boards...

Look at all the people playing with the new systems, when we had nothing but DDOOOOOOMMMM posts for 4 months before.

And we'll have DOOOOOOM posts again when the next change is announced.
    Ironic how some of the loudest doomers and haters change their tune when they actually PLAY what they are dooming and hating about instead of feeding off the doom and hate of others that have not played it themselves.

Wonder if they have ever heard of the boy that cried wolf?

Not surprising that nobody believes anything that they say anymore.
    Instead of attempting to redicule, you should be thanking those of us who provided the feedback (which you errantly claim as doomsaying) - because it was that very feedback which helped shape the enhancement system in the first place. Now you dont have to deal with a very restricting 3 tree limitation that was initially proposed, because those you (errantly) claim are doomsaying provided the feedback that this was too limiting, and that 80 points was a good enough limit to ensure people could not create some out of control god mod toon.

Kind of ironic to also claim that no one believes what they say, because we can witness right here and now the enhancement pass does in fact NOT have a three tree limit. Sounds to me like there are people, including employees of the company themselves, who believe what those who you (errantly) claim are crying wolf, are saying, and did so in a objective enough way to understand what was being said, and acted apon it to create a more reasonable system.

Enjoy your new enhancement pass which does not have a three tree limitation. Youre welcome.
    Last edited by Chai; 08-23-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

This is one of the two highest-end areas in the game. I don't think it's so bad that it requires a few minutes of running to get to a quest entrance.
    Level shouldnt be a factor to time to quest ratio. But I do think it is bad. No one is wrong, but easier for me would be nice and for a lot of other players.

Because this is NOT other MMOs.

D&D at it's heart is about exploration and adventure.
    Adventure yes, exploration, no. I've played in many D&D groups over the years and while I'm sure some love exploration, I've never been in one. Most just wanted the DM to minimize that and get us to the place we were going to already.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

That and trackers trap are the two easiest to find and closest to the door. Try Something like Breaking the ice or what goes up.
    A Break In the Ice: Eveningstar to quest entrance 1 minute and 51 seconds.

It takes me longer to pick up ship buffs and use my key to get to Eveningstar.

Not really much of a hardship to get a quest entrance.

I'm not going to time and demonstrate how to get to every single quest entrance. But lets just say there is no drama here. Move along.

A Break In the Ice: Eveningstar to Quest Entrance 1 minute and 51 seconds. I'll upload the video when Lines of Supply is finished.

I'm not going to time and demonstrate how to get to every single quest entrance. But lets just say there is no drama here. Move along.
    I look forward to seeing it, if so I'll be very surprised, it's one of those things where people say ss or it didn't happen from honestly disbelieving it's possible, if that makes sense.

Community Member

A Break In the Ice: Eveningstar to Quest Entrance 1 minute and 51 seconds. I'll upload the video when Lines of Supply is finished.

Fraps please. Of every hard to get to- for dummies like me- quest. 2 minutes for you, im slower. We all cant be as fast as you Deadlock ;p

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    Fraps please. Of every hard to get to- for dummies like me- quest. 2 minutes for you, im slower. We all cant be as fast as you Deadlock ;p
    There is no skills involved in running toward the right direction. I believe you can be as fast as him actually, so can anyone else.

There is no skills involved in running toward the right direction. I believe you can be as fast as him actually, so can anyone else.
    Pretty sure that part was a joke there Sheldon.

Community Member

Pretty sure that part was a joke there Sheldon.
    Well... I came to the conclusion that his posts were all jokes or simply no joke at all. Too bad I ended up thinking it was the later.

I think the adventure area is fine. I figure that it does cost 3 shards per character because it is easiest to teleport to one of the three northern quests and then run to the northern camp. After you have the northern camp you can get to all the quests in the explorer area in 3 minutes or less.

The adventure area is incredibly beautiful and well done so really big thumbs up to the devs who designed it.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Or my mental acuity lacks, my motor skills, lag on old pc.

Im too gimp to do explorer areas, I am not a monk or sprint boosted, or have wings.

Haste, and striding arent enough for me to beat his speed.

I dont know what to tell you, you dont have to use the Mounts, you dont have to toggle on the guided animation path, and you don't have to be teleported there. But I want to, it helps me. There was a teleport feature from the lfm panel,buthy never fixed it and now want astral shards for it.

I don't want to pay astral shards that are directly tied to real currency. And, so why not?

This won't help me get teleported to a chest, or suddenly dominating ee content.

I wont be in your guild, in your group.

I will be ablle to get there by myself. And if i cant do it at any level, I will look for lfms and know how to get there, every time.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast