Hybrid View

Default Hireling is party Leader; Heroic Deeds item in inventory

I wasn't sure if I should post this as a technical glitch/issue or a funny screenshot type of thing, so I'll post it here instead and if necessary I guess a mod will move it?

So me and my roommate/guildmate are running around epic gianthold slaying giants and what have you, and then suddenly everything freezes. Neither of us can move or hit anything, and nothing is moving or hitting us. We can still rotate in place and swing/shoot weapons, but can't hit anything. Clearly we've lost connection although the connection icon still showed we were connected. After about 60 seconds, we both closed DDO and reloaded the game.

When I logged back in, I was out of the wilderness and saw that my slayer count was down by 2. (I'd had only 5 more giants to kill to reach 400, so I noticed when it had gone back down to 393 killed.) Then I noticed that we still had two hirelings in the party, and... one of them was the party leader?

I went into the wilderness, and even though the hireling was in the party, she was nowhere to be found in the instance. I couldn't summon the hireling again because that hireling was already in the party. And I couldn't dismiss her from the party since I wasn't party leader and I had no bar for the hireling!

Then I saw in my inventory that I had a heroic deeds item sitting there. My guildmate had an impressive trophy as well. I think we had looted a chest at some point shortly-ish before the disconnect happened. (I forget exactly when) The heroic deeds is unbound, and apparently can even be auctioned. We didn't test to see if it was tradable but I assume it is. I figured that double clicking on it would consume it and give me guild renown, but it does nothing.

Here are some screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/udoah

Old bug happens when you lag dc like that sometimes.

Time Bandit
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Rapp View Post
    Then I saw in my inventory that I had a heroic deeds item sitting there. My guildmate had an impressive trophy as well. I think we had looted a chest at some point shortly-ish before the disconnect happened. (I forget exactly when) The heroic deeds is unbound, and apparently can even be auctioned. We didn't test to see if it was tradable but I assume it is. I figured that double clicking on it would consume it and give me guild renown, but it does nothing.
    What those are, actually, are level cap upgrade tokens from a baaaaaaad system Turbine once implemented whereby non-VIPs (IIRC) started with a level cap of 4, and needed to find tokens that would increase their cap from 4 > 8 > 12 > 16 > 20

They drop extremely rarely now, and they don't do anything, because the system has been deactivated ; but they have the appearance of reknown trophies.

You can put them in the Auction House, but they do not appear in the UI, so nobody can buy them.

Bottom line -- they're worthless junk ; though possibly a GM could replace them ? dunno, I only had a "50 point" one when that happened to me, and I just trashed it when my inventory filled up inside a Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Natashaelle View Post
    What those are, actually, are level cap upgrade tokens from a baaaaaaad system Turbine once implemented whereby non-VIPs (IIRC) started with a level cap of 4, and needed to find tokens that would increase their cap from 4 > 8 > 12 > 16 > 20

They drop extremely rarely now, and they don't do anything, because the system has been deactivated ; but they have the appearance of reknown trophies.

You can put them in the Auction House, but they do not appear in the UI, so nobody can buy them.

Bottom line -- they're worthless junk ; though possibly a GM could replace them ? dunno, I only had a "50 point" one when that happened to me, and I just trashed it when my inventory filled up inside a Quest.
    They aren't the leveling sigils from days gone buy but a bug that adds the guild renown token to your inventory

Time Bandit
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by gallantian View Post
    They aren't the leveling sigils from days gone buy but a bug that adds the guild renown token to your inventory
    hmmm, only time one of them dropped for me, it was a levelling sigil disguised as a heroic deeds --- double-clicking it produced error mesage "you are already at maximum level" or whatever ...

Of course, there may be more than one kind of buggy reknown token ...

Quote Originally Posted by Natashaelle View Post
    hmmm, only time one of them dropped for me, it was a levelling sigil disguised as a heroic deeds --- double-clicking it produced error mesage "you are already at maximum level" or whatever ...

Of course, there may be more than one kind of buggy reknown token ...
    Well, can't argue with you there.
    I was getting them from time to time as a vip a couple years ago, but it's not to say there are other incarnations.

In Soviet Russia the Hireling kicks YOU from party, noob

Anywho, Ive had reknown tokens drop in the inventory occasionaly. But double-clicking always applied the reknown, so i dunno.