Default Math request for 20 Rogue vs 6 Ranger/13 Rogue/1 ?

Has anyone had time to compare the DPS potential of a pure rogue to a 6 ranger/13 rogue split. From what I can see, the split gives some interesting alternatives with the new enhancements. 20 Rogue gives 10 SA die + 4 from Sneak Attack Training(4) + 4 from Deadly Shadows = 18 total. 13 rogue would get you 7 + 4 from Sneak Attack Training(4) + 2 from Deep Wood Stalker core + 1 from Stealthy(3) = 14 total. Tempest would get you to 90% off-hand strikes vs 80% for pure Rogue. But the real kicker would be Exploit Opening from Deep Wood Stalker, which gives 4 seconds of sneak attack every 6 seconds.

I know the Assassinate DC would suffer, but does anyone have thoughts on how the damage would compare for a solo toon in a 1 on 1 fight? On paper, it looks like it could really burn a MoB down...
    ....For Within the Circle of His Sword, There Is Each Man a King....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldsberg View Post
    Has anyone had time to compare the DPS potential of a pure rogue to a 6 ranger/13 rogue split. From what I can see, the split gives some interesting alternatives with the new enhancements. 20 Rogue gives 10 SA die + 4 from Sneak Attack Training(4) + 4 from Deadly Shadows = 18 total. 13 rogue would get you 7 + 4 from Sneak Attack Training(4) + 2 from Deep Wood Stalker core + 1 from Stealthy(3) = 14 total. Tempest would get you to 90% off-hand strikes vs 80% for pure Rogue. But the real kicker would be Exploit Opening from Deep Wood Stalker, which gives 4 seconds of sneak attack every 6 seconds.

I know the Assassinate DC would suffer, but does anyone have thoughts on how the damage would compare for a solo toon in a 1 on 1 fight? On paper, it looks like it could really burn a MoB down...
    Well you'll have almost full time sneak damage with the split, alternating Exploit/Bluff/Exploit/(3 second downtime). Pure Rogue will have Bluff for 4/15 seconds, and then have to rely on procs (Deception, Radiance, etc.), so to 'do the math' you have to know what % of your attacks you assume will be Sneak Attacks.

That being said, with better offhand, equivalent sneak die, and better bluffing ability, I don't know how the split would come out behind - just in terms of maximizing sneak attack damage.