Thumbs down I dont want to LR my characters.. please just reset my skill points.

There are many reasons that I dont want to LR my characters.

1. Hairstyles and colours that I have paid for will go.
    2. They wont ever look the same again. I'll never get it right.
    3. I'll never get the numbers right again.
    4. I liked them the way they are now and a simple resetting of my skill points would fix the Spellcasting and Heal skill problem.

Like some of you I have a very special attachment to some of my characters. I love them each in their own way.
    I checked on a test character. If I LR they dont have the same numbers and colours that they did when I created them. I took screenshots of some of them but not all.

Is there anyway a GM can reset my skill points ?
    Real join date: Update 7

Quote Originally Posted by humbleroller View Post

1. Hairstyles and colours that I have paid for will go.
    4. I liked them the way they are now and a simple resetting of my skill points would fix the Spellcasting and Heal skill problem.

Like some of you I have a very special attachment to some of my characters. I love them each in their own way.
    I checked on a test character. If I LR they dont have the same numbers and colours that they did when I created them. I took screenshots of some of them but not all.

The only way to reset skill points is an lr, it's just cosmetics does it really matter what your toon looks like? I'd have my toon in a pink tutu if it was best in slot and let me kill things faster.

Proper planning can prevent both of these problems. I keep a screenshot of the character appearance screen, showing the numbers and colors selected, and I keep details to reproduce my builds in a text document.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Proper planning can prevent both of these problems. I keep a screenshot of the character appearance screen, showing the numbers and colors selected, and I keep details to reproduce my builds in a text document.
    just that some chars were created at a time when there werent any numbers showing

just screen shot your character right before you hit go

you have all the numbers and color set from before

I understand the attachment to the look and feel of your character. However, the only option available to reset a character's Skill point distribution is the LR method.

While there are some manual techniques you can employ to preserve the knowledge of the current skill point distribution, attributes and Feats, It can be difficult to remember exactly which Hair/nose/eyes/facial details and colors chosen without doing this before hand.

This unfortunately leaves you with the following options
    1. Don't LR and just move on without the skill point distribution
    2. LR and risk not being able to get your character to look exactly the same as before
    3. Same as #1, except spend time attempting to convince Turbine that a Skill Point Redistribution method would be in their best interest.

Two words: Minos Legens.

You can thank me later...

Community Member

Has the issue with the Argonessen favor HP and Phiarlan favor skills sometimes getting lost in an LR been fixed? If no, that's another reason.

I'd love me a skills redistribution too.

Quote Originally Posted by hucka View Post
    just that some chars were created at a time when there werent any numbers showing
    There are only a few options for each selection though so it isn't like you're sitting there sorting through dozens of similar settings. I can still remember the appearance of my original characters enough that I could duplicate them if I had to.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The only way to reset skill points is an lr, it's just cosmetics does it really matter what your toon looks like? I'd have my toon in a pink tutu if it was best in slot and let me kill things faster.
    Wow...I have seen you post some ****....but this...this....wow.

Yes, some people care what their toon looks like. We play a role playing game, we want immersion sometimes. Not all of us have that same elitist ideal that you do. I will forego certain weapons or armors if they don't fit my character and what he would do. My rogue, for example, would never hold anything other than a dagger, no matter wow totally "uber" the other stuff was. My barbarian will never own the eSoS because he prefers axes. Hell, I made my bear tank look a certain way even though he is always in bear form, so that when he comes out of form, he has a certain look to him when we are roleplaying (omg, I know, some people DON'T just farm for lootz....)

Why bash someone because they don't share your opinion?

(and yes, before someone points it out...I bashed him as well. Someone always points that out in my posts as if to try to prove I'm a hypocrite or something. I'm not...I don't care how you play....but if your a class-5 **** to someone...I will return the favor.)
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

.. she is my darling, and not to be recycled.

My eyes! Oh god my eyes! Why?!?!?!?
    Server: Khyber
    Completionist!
    Pyrerose, the Overlord of Love
    Life #31 - Winter's Rose
    13 Druid/4 Ranger/3 Fighter

You know what, forget what I said......just LR...please, for us, just......just LR....
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

She is the undead mistress, the one who gathers all in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    Has the issue with the Argonessen favor HP and Phiarlan favor skills sometimes getting lost in an LR been fixed? If no, that's another reason.

Do you mean coinlord and argo? If so yes to they were fixed and didn't seem to be reintroduced by u19, though that's always the danger of saying something here has been fixed. =P

had to re-set my fvs this evening...(had 15 heal and 9 spellcraft) ....other than that I liked her just the way she was...got the cosmetics more or less the same....but not quite, but I can live with that...sccrewed up a feat choice somewhere and ended up without toughness...she's now 27hps short- (my mistake, but irritating nonetheless). reset her spells, no problem
    Re-did the enhancements (again)

now her spellcraft and heal is much more respectable being in the 40's...but...the real problem with this is an LR for a level 25 caster took the best part of an hour...and its totally unnecessary-
    I didn't want to change anything other than the skill points- to reset 20 levels of skills would only take 5 minutes. Not 45

there you go Turbine, cashgrab opportunity!!!

Allow skillpoint reset for 500TP, You know it makes sense, and I'd happily pay it
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post

I just lost all of my favor, reset completely to zero. Lost all challenge favor, and wilderness numbers were all reset to zero .
    Andand~Camax~Camaxtli~Luumie~Siphiel~Symetri~Sympl icity~Symplicyti~Worbalwind~Worblewind