Default Delera's Bugged?

Was running the second quest in the Delera's chain to test out my cleric and I got stuck at the part with the lever and the doors in the
    beginning of the quest. Where you have to pull the lever for each gate to open. But after the first pull I could not target the lever
    anymore. Am I missing something or is this a bug? It was late in the evening for me so I didn't have much patience and logged out
    after trying it twice with the same results.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post
    Was running the second quest in the Delera's chain to test out my cleric and I got stuck at the part with the lever and the doors in the
    beginning of the quest. Where you have to pull the lever for each gate to open. But after the first pull I could not target the lever
    anymore. Am I missing something or is this a bug? It was late in the evening for me so I didn't have much patience and logged out
    after trying it twice with the same results.
    The one with the three separate levers? One in the hallway, one south and one west? Or some other part?
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Are you talking about after you pull the three levers and go into the room where the gates drop down? That room has been buggy for ages. They generally will raise after a minute or two.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

You can't solo Delera's. You can do it with a hireling to repeated pull one of the levers (where it sounds like you were stuck). The part that I think bartharok is referring to has to be done with at least 1 other real toon (it can't be solo'd with several hirelings.)

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    You can't solo Delera's. You can do it with a hireling to repeated pull one of the levers (where it sounds like you were stuck). The part that I think bartharok is referring to has to be done with at least 1 other real toon (it can't be solo'd with several hirelings.)
    Nah, the part ive referred to can be soloed (its the first room). That later part does need the hireling, but its so much later i doubt its the one he means.

its the first part where you go down a hallway to pull one lever to open the gate that blocks first lever. Then you pull the lever for the gate, go in, pull lever again for next gate, and i brought along a hirling to pull the lever for me. But i could not target the lever.

Guild - Orien's Rejects

its the first part where you go down a hallway to pull one lever to open the gate that blocks first lever. Then you pull the lever for the gate, go in, pull lever again for next gate, and i brought along a hirling to pull the lever for me. But i could not target the lever.
    The one you mean (i assume), is the one where you enter a room and fight off some skellies and arcus skellies. You dont have to pull ANY lever to get the next gate to open, you júst wait a longish time for the next gate to open.

Well, the gate I was trying to get through had 3 light up jewels around it and one was still not lit. I could not find anything to light it and
    thought you had to pull switch for it. The only switch i could find (the one behind gate that was opened with switch down small hallway) could not be targeted.
    I plan on trying again later when I'm not so tired. Maybe, like was suggested I didnt wait long enough.

Guild - Orien's Rejects

Well, the gate I was trying to get through had 3 light up jewels around it and one was still not lit. I could not find anything to light it and
    thought you had to pull switch for it. The only switch i could find (the one behind gate that was opened with switch down small hallway) could not be targeted.
    I plan on trying again later when I'm not so tired. Maybe, like was suggested I didnt wait long enough.
    You can do this with a hire, target the lever and park the hire there, as you go through each gate, have them pull the lever. When you get to the end of the hall, there's another lever that will spawn some more skellies, but will also open all the gates. Once you pull that lever, and kill the skellies, you should be good to go. Note that at no time before you actually pull the lever at the end of the hall, do you need to drop targeting on the lever you're hire is on.

There are 3 switches: The only you used that stopped being targetable, the one down the small hallway, and the third is right when you entered that room to begin with, turn right and go into a little nook that has bars around it.

The entire Delera chain can be soloed including every single optional.

In part 2 where you have to have someone go onto a pressure plate with the underwater swim can be done with the lvl 7 hire Flower. Jump up towards the wall at the "A" like rune plate to get her as close as possible. Then back slightly so she turns and faces you and has her back to the pressure plate. Then leave her there idle and pacified while you dive down. Once you get to the closed gate underwater, hit her summon monster spell. Move forward and hit the summon monster spell again when needed. Very simple really.

Besides that, as noted above, there is a room where the gates closes before and behind you which is bugged. Often the gates stay shut after you kill all the mobs in there. You just have to wait a few minutes before they open again.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

i figured out the proble. I was indeed to tired to be running the quest and had missed a lever. Thanks everyone!

Guild - Orien's Rejects

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedBob View Post
    The entire Delera chain can be soloed including every single optional.

In part 2 where you have to have someone go onto a pressure plate with the underwater swim can be done with the lvl 7 hire Flower. Jump up towards the wall at the "A" like rune plate to get her as close as possible. Then back slightly so she turns and faces you and has her back to the pressure plate. Then leave her there idle and pacified while you dive down. Once you get to the closed gate underwater, hit her summon monster spell. Move forward and hit the summon monster spell again when needed. Very simple really.

Besides that, as noted above, there is a room where the gates closes before and behind you which is bugged. Often the gates stay shut after you kill all the mobs in there. You just have to wait a few minutes before they open again.
    Erm "soloed" and "using a hire" are two mutually exclusive terms. If you have to use a hire, it is impossible for them to be soloed.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Erm "soloed" and "using a hire" are two mutually exclusive terms. If you have to use a hire, it is impossible for them to be soloed.
    Erm..Stop being Elitist.

You know quite well that Solo in DDO simply refers to their being no more than one Player in Quest/Slayer/Challenge.

Dual-Boxing is another story entirely of course BUT Hirelings do NOT Invalidate the word "Solo"

Why else would people state Without Hireling so often when talking about Solo Achievements?
    And the OP doesn't seem to be attempting an "Achievement" here.