Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grynberg View Post
    What I don't understand is that these major bugs (like not being able to connect!) do not come out in regression testing.
    Obviously they have no automated testing

Community Member

3 hours of prime time European/UK playing time wasted for the sake of what, a dozen people who bought the marketing hype and bought a mac?
    Cannith: Yasina, Sarasina, Treyanna, Tresina
    Sarlona: Jatner, Yannow, Justanna

I have no issues with Hotfixes during anytime of the day especially when it concerns folks unable to get into the game. Put yourself in their shoes and see how frustrating it becomes.
    Zerg of Thelanis

Nepalm - 27th life completionist ~ Mons
    ~ Pandomonium - 40th life Tripletionist™

Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda

This afternoon maintenance is totally disrespectful, and yes that makes prime time for Europe.
    That's COMPLETELY disrespectful.

Ok, for MAC users (they deserve to play and blablabla, I know), but this is just like sacrificing a whole town to save a single person. Some heroes like Wolverine wouldn't do that :P

Really, I believe everyone here is hoping for a xp bonus -.-
    --Cannith Player--

Main toon: Kyshara of All Trades (current 25th life - completionist/epic completionist) - Shadar-kai Wizard 15 FvS 3 Monk 2 (Getting SK PLs -_-)

FvS, I will be back soon

My EE FvS build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...S-Caster-Build

Community Member

Actually forget what I just said, it makes perfect sense for Turbine to focus on the small number of Apple users that play DDO.

after all, if they were gullible enough to buy a Mac and had the money to waste on one, they are clearly a prime target for Turbine to make some easy revenue with whatever the latest "special offer" is in the DDO store.
    Cannith: Yasina, Sarasina, Treyanna, Tresina
    Sarlona: Jatner, Yannow, Justanna

Unscheduled downtime from 8pm-11pm GMT+1 (german timezone). There is actually no time window which could be worse than that.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf465 View Post
    At least with mac you know the issues are not the mac operating system.
    So true! 99% of the time it's the user.

Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, August 22nd from 2:00 - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! This downtime is being done to address an issue that is preventing players from logging into the game using the Mac client.
    Is this the only issue being addressed in the hotfix?

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darksol23 View Post
    I wonder if patch to fix *cough* "other things" *cough* prompted such a short notification.

I mean, really... at least all 5 of the Mac players were notified in this thread. ;-)
    My rogue assassin will get rid of those 5.

*cough* Ninja "nerfing" incoming *cough*...
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, August 22nd from 2:00 - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! This downtime is being done to address an issue that is preventing players from logging into the game using the Mac client.
    You Guys seriously need to evaluate how you use the Word scheduled... I think you were trying to say either, highly impulsive, manic, random, "some dude just think he fixed some mac ****, Eureka were killing the shards to celebrate" - server Downtime.
    *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)

Community Member

Are you going to address the issue for the windows/pc client launchers as well? Mine still will not update, I have a support ticket up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gtjohnson View Post
    Best hot fix for mac get a real OS
    Funny I can't wait to replace my current computer with a mac, less bloated of a kernel, less malware, unix standards. Very little not to like, and many games are mac compatable lately and the few that aren't can be wined or bootcamped.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ValenGodspeed View Post
    You Guys seriously need to evaluate how you use the Word scheduled... I think you were trying to say either, highly impulsive, manic, random, "some dude just think he fixed some mac ****, Eureka were killing the shards to celebrate" - server Downtime.
    *sigh*
    "Scheduled" just means they brought them down on purpose.
    In contrast to an intern stumbling and ripping out the power cords or the hamsters having a mass heart attack.

I am already patching.

Community Member

Default Patch ON

I'm downloading!

I have to Download 808 files to fix the Mac client?

No. Really... What did you guys change?

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Funny I can't wait to replace my current computer with a mac, less bloated of a kernel, less malware, unix standards. Very little not to like, and many games are mac compatable lately and the few that aren't can be wined or bootcamped.
    Linux is objectively better than OSX or Windows in nearly every way. If it weren't for videogames I'd use it exclusively.

Buy normal computer components, make sure that they have working Linux drivers (Nvidia and Intel usually do), assemble and save a ton of money.

Finished patching. Login failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Linux is objectively better than OSX or Windows in nearly every way. If it weren't for videogames I'd use it exclusively.

Buy normal computer components, make sure that they have working Linux drivers (Nvidia and Intel usually do), assemble and save a ton of money.
    This. Unless you wanna waste your money for a commercialized linux i.e. osx.

bash, awk, gcc forever!
    Last edited by morkahn82; 08-22-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    Finished patching. Login failed.
    What ever made you think you could login just because you patched the client - not trying to kill your joy of being able to patch, but Turbine always release the update files around midway through the downtime... didnt you notice monday or were that patch not Applied during your playtime like us Europeans have gotten used to now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast