Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by onivedlav View Post
    I'm very happy with how this problem was addressed. To be honest I didn't expect you to bring the game down only to fix this issue.
    Maybe the Mac comunity isn't as small as I tough, or maybe you are doing the right thing, and treating us all the same. I'll believe the second option. Ty for addressing it so quickly!

(Please pretty please, fix the floating damage numbers.... )
    So you're the one!

<insert standard incomprehensible nerdrage here> and furthermore, that means my completionist project will be 3 hours behind, and on top of that, I now have to do chores. CHORES!

Bloody Mac user.

Default Give us Lammania?

Can you at least bring Lammania back up for more build testing etc.?
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Hey man, look, Turbine successfully brought u19 to us in 3 hours on Monday \o/
    Yeah, and that means for 1 week every single day we are going to have 3 hours maintenance. =/

Two 3 hours maintenance in 2 days, I hope we get some xp bonus because what if we get another 3-hours maintenance tomorrow?

Sigh .-.
    --Cannith Player--

Main toon: Kyshara of All Trades (current 25th life - completionist/epic completionist) - Shadar-kai Wizard 15 FvS 3 Monk 2 (Getting SK PLs -_-)

FvS, I will be back soon

My EE FvS build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...S-Caster-Build

Default Hot Fix for mac

Best hot fix for mac get a real OS

His point is that they gave us 20 mins warnning.

If they had broadcast a message an hour ago, then every 15 mins, that would be fine, but for us who aren't sat on the forums every minute, it's kinda taking the **** a bit.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Kyshara View Post
    Hey man, look, Turbine successfully brought u19 to us in 3 hours on Monday \o/
    Yeah, and that means for 1 week every single day we are going to have 3 hours maintenance. =/

Two 3 hours maintenance in 2 days, I hope we get some xp bonus because what if we get another 3-hours maintenance tomorrow?

Sigh .-.
    /signed
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BendoreDove View Post
    How about fixing the disconnect on login issue you reintroduced with the expansion? Maybe not build new content on bad versions you have fixed in the interim? So that you wont have to apply the old fix again and again.
    If you mean the problem with disconnecting on first login, you could as well search the forums.
    For your convenience I have dug this out from my history, it should help with the issue of DC on first login.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eload-official

Well there goes my evening of DDO.

I am working in the QA field in IT and I know things can go wrong and it's marvelous that you fix them so fast.
    What I don't understand is that these major bugs (like not being able to connect!) do not come out in regression testing. It's a major gamestopper and how on earth are you releasing a client before even doublechecking if you can get past the login screen.

Yes I am a bit ****y that I have no thing to do right now.. wonder what's on TV.

Why not look at it in a constructive way?, as in now we will have more players in the game which will mean more lfm's as I was wondering why so few after a major update with U19

But this means I have to stop playing and go do some work! Darn it!

Quote Originally Posted by onivedlav View Post
    I'm very happy with how this problem was addressed. To be honest I didn't expect you to bring the game down only to fix this issue.
    Maybe the Mac comunity isn't as small as I tough, or maybe you are doing the right thing, and treating us all the same. I'll believe the second option. Ty for addressing it so quickly!

(Please pretty please, fix the floating damage numbers.... )
    I wonder if patch to fix *cough* "other things" *cough* prompted such a short notification.

I mean, really... at least all 5 of the Mac players were notified in this thread. ;-)
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf465 View Post
    A lot of the components I noticed are unix based. For example the activity monitor is the same one that I see in ubuntu. It's the best activity monitor going. I used to hate mac until I noticed they were using unix components. There file system appears to be linux based. There system preferences are also unix based.
    OSX does not use the Linux kernel but instead uses XNU, which is basically Apple's own flavor of the BSD kernel.

It is UNIX-like but it is not UNIX.

Community Member

I'm glad this is getting fixed quickly, even if it doesn't affect me one way or the other, but you guys really need to work on your use of the word "scheduled". Everything's peachy keen, take a shower, game's down for "scheduled" maintenance. Surely it wasn't 20 'til 2 when someone said, "Hey, lets fix the Mac issue," and the bosses all said, "Ensign, schedule maintenance for 2 O'clock. Make it so. Take the servers down on my mark.....Engage."

Quote Originally Posted by gtjohnson View Post
    Best hot fix for mac get a real OS
    This has to be sig worthy

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by darksol23 View Post
    I mean, really... at least all 5 of the Mac players were notified in this thread. ;-)

Heh. You can have my cookie.
    Player of Garach - 48 TR, 13 IR, 21 ER

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aishana View Post
    This... Seriously, guys. Taking the server down for three hours in the middle of the day and only giving us 20 minutes' warning? Not cool.
    It's even worse for us Europeans where it's prime time in the evening. I do not consider this "scheduled"... that would mean I had some time to make other plans.

Summer TV is so bad.

But moaning aside, I hope Turbine isn't rushing some other fixes into this hotfix that haven't been tested thoroughly--that's getting old. And if they are putting something else in this hotfix, I would like to see it on the release notes.

Default people notice the bad things becuase they are a pain...BUT...

I put in a trouble for "The Titan awakes" this morning. The Titan was falling then getting up right away. We were unable to hit him with the laser he go up so quickly. Within 5 min the GM contacted us, was very polite, and happy to help. Thanked us for putting in a bug report and resolved our problem , thus letting us complete the raid. So Kudos. I promote you form GM to a true DM Gary would have been happy.

Please keep the fixes coming. All in all, you did not blow the game up too badly, and are addressing the bugs. Great job!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    It is UNIX-like but it is not UNIX.
    On the contrary, Mac OS 10.8 is certified conformant to Single UNIX Specification, Version 3. Apple is the largest shipper of the UNIX operating system in the world. It has been for more than a decade. You are right about the XNU bit though.

Community Member

All in favor of receiving an Otto's Box for the inconvenience...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf465 View Post
    Cordovan: Try your best if it doesn't work at least you gave it a good faith effort. Wow an honest company.
    Guys this might not work but this is a good faith effort. Imagine how many window users are going to be ****ed over this. All for us. I feel appreciated. This is the way you grow a business. Now take it out of Beta. You will get more Mac users. Mac finally has a really good system. A lot of the components I noticed are unix based. For example the activity monitor is the same one that I see in ubuntu. It's the best activity monitor going. I used to hate mac until I noticed they were using unix components. There file system appears to be linux based. There system preferences are also unix based.

Thank you :-).
    OSX was built on FreeBSD since the beginning, most Linux stuff works on it Hence the popularity of WINE when all else fails.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast