Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Scheduled Server Downtime: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) Thursday, August 22nd

UPDATED 4:30 PM EASTERN: The worlds have reopened. Enjoy!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, August 22nd from 2:00 - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! This downtime is being done to address an issue that is preventing players from logging into the game using the Mac client.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 08-22-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, August 22nd from 2:00 - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! This hotfix is necessary in order to resolve the issues preventing players from logging into the game using the Mac client launcher.
    I'm going to assume you meant Thursday. Just one of those weeks isn't it? :-)

Correction: Today is Thursday.

Couldn't just patch the Mac client and leave everyone else up?
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Ummm.....yeah. *shifty eyes*

Time to bring back the....

*Amnesia dust to the face*

Man, that's been sitting in Tolero's desk drawer for some time...hope it's not expired...
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Couldn't just patch the Mac client and leave everyone else up?
    No, unfortunately.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Thumbs down ***

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    so dose this mean your going too fix this or am I going too have too have my credit card demand my money back from turbine now its not my internet or my pc and ur game launcher wants too keep trying too install things I have already like the c++ 2005 pack I get on enough too play for ten mins logged out now cant get back on its been like this since the 19th now I don't need more junk installed when I have all the patches seems my dc univers requires it as well witch I get on their just fine

Community Member

By the way, thank you for the incredibly fast turn on the fix. I am sure that there are some people holding their collective breathes over there. Fixing, testing and deploying in just over 24 hours shows some major comittment to the platform. It is much appreciated. I hope it goes well!

Might want to kick those hamsters early. On Ghallanda haven't seen any WORLD BROADCAST: MIDDLE OF THE DAY DOWNTIME HITTING YOU IN THE FACE IN 30 MINS. Earlier announcements are probably more appreciated by the player base.

Edit: Just saw it with 20mins to downtime.
    Last edited by Gratch; 08-22-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Community Member

How about fixing the lack of confirmation on the reroll loot for shards bug while you're at it. That's probably caused more angst than the Mac client not working (he says, having just accidentally clicked it for a waste of 9 shards) and I can't imagine a fix would take more than 10 minutes to code up.
    Last edited by Megahurtz; 08-22-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kataries View Post
    so dose this mean your going too fix this or am I going too have too have my credit card demand my money back from turbine now its not my internet or my pc and ur game launcher wants too keep trying too install things I have already like the c++ 2005 pack I get on enough too play for ten mins logged out now cant get back on its been like this since the 19th now I don't need more junk installed when I have all the patches seems my dc univers requires it as well witch I get on their just fine
    Be happy that Turbine so quick to fix things, instead of complaining.
    And if you DO complain, coherent sentences may actually help... I suppose.
    Last edited by DunkleNymphe; 08-22-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Might want to kick those hamsters early. On Ghallanda haven't seen any WORLD BROADCAST: MIDDLE OF THE DAY DOWNTIME HITTING YOU IN THE FACE IN 30 MINS. Earlier announcements are probably more appreciated by the player base.

Indeed. That just sucks.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Thumbs up Ty Cordovan

I'm very happy with how this problem was addressed. To be honest I didn't expect you to bring the game down only to fix this issue.
    Maybe the Mac comunity isn't as small as I tough, or maybe you are doing the right thing, and treating us all the same. I'll believe the second option. Ty for addressing it so quickly!

(Please pretty please, fix the floating damage numbers.... )

Community Member

How about saving up some fixes instead of having 3+ hours downtime every day?

Community Member

Thumbs up

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, August 22nd from 2:00 - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! This downtime is being done to address an issue that is preventing players from logging into the game using the Mac client.

Cordovan: Try your best if it doesn't work at least you gave it a good faith effort. Wow an honest company.
    Guys this might not work but this is a good faith effort. Imagine how many window users are going to be ****ed over this. All for us. I feel appreciated. This is the way you grow a business. Now take it out of Beta. You will get more Mac users. Mac finally has a really good system. A lot of the components I noticed are unix based. For example the activity monitor is the same one that I see in ubuntu. It's the best activity monitor going. I used to hate mac until I noticed they were using unix components. There file system appears to be linux based. There system preferences are also unix based.

Thank you :-).

Community Member

How about fixing the disconnect on login issue you reintroduced with the expansion? Maybe not build new content on bad versions you have fixed in the interim? So that you wont have to apply the old fix again and again.

This... Seriously, guys. Taking the server down for three hours in the middle of the day and only giving us 20 minutes' warning? Not cool.

Community Member

Thumbs down Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Aishana View Post
    This... Seriously, guys. Taking the server down for three hours in the middle of the day and only giving us 20 minutes' warning? Not cool.
    Stop grumbling over there. This is a community that supports each other. Look at it like this 3 hours down and the right thing is done. This is the better way. If it was windows issues and it usually is...well there are always windows issues I would be cool with it. Next time this software breaks down I guarantee it's a windows issues. At least with mac you know the issues are not the mac operating system. All my time working on the imac I had to cause it to shut down once. Windows countless times. Heheheheh doh!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aishana View Post
    You should calm down. This is an emergency fix necessitating downtime to address. There are many users who have been stuck offline for 2 days.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default the bad side of expansions

The plethora of downtimes. Obviously, there are no mac client running on Lammania or else someone slipped something in at the end. I know what I would do.

C'est le vie.

Time for chores.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast